• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Best Way to Get Nook Miles Faster

VanitasFan26

I'm just a ghost.
Bells
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
There is an easy way to get Nook Miles faster. If you completed Happy Home Paradise and you unlock the feature to customize villager homes you can customize the villager homes. Which costs 9,000 bells but you get 1,000 Nook Miles every time you do it. Whats great is that you can do this in one day. Say if you customize all 10 villager homes which in total will cost you 90,000 bells but you earn 10,000 Nook Miles the next day when finish customize their homes. I had no idea about this until someone on the AC Subreddit told me about this. It is so helpful!

Not to mention, you barely even have to do a thing. You can literally move a single item and still get the miles.

A good way to quickly earn miles without grinding the Nook Miles+ goals, which you have to do anyway for an achievement, but this method is so much better if you don't care about that.

I remember hearing from this, and I use this method to earn Nook Miles when I need to, which is a good thing knowing I'm aiming for a Citycore.
Not to mention, you barely even have to do a thing. You can literally move a single item and still get the miles.

A good way to quickly earn miles without grinding the Nook Miles+ goals, which you have to do anyway for an achievement, but this method is so much better if you don't care about that.
The faster way to this would instead just decorate the exterior by using a wreath one day, and removing it the next. You don't even need to touch the interior at all to still count on getting your miles.

The faster way to this would instead just decorate the exterior by using a wreath one day, and removing it the next. You don't even need to touch the interior at all to still count on getting your miles.
Thats what I do to speed it up. I just change the Exterior of the villager home (which is just changing the roof color) and then I tell Tom Nook with the Interior to "Leave it as it is" then I move on to the next villager home. Saves a lot of time.

I did not know you get Nook Miles for decorating your neighbor’s houses.

I haven’t decorated enough houses to unlock this feature, but I will keep this in mind. Thank you. ^_^

This is very helpful for me, considering a villager just moved out today. I can get more Nook Mile Tickets quicker. Thanks for the information!

Forgot to mention this can be a great way to grind up Nook Mile Tickets but it may take while since you get only 10,000 Nook Miles whenever you customize all 10 villagers daily. Since Nook Mile Tickets cost 2,000 Nook Miles you can get 5 Nook Mile Tickets in one day. However, if you want to go crazy and try to get 400 Nook Mile Tickets that would mean doing this for 400 days of continus customizing villager homes and that would be spending a grand total of $36,000,000 bells (which is 90,000 bells for each of 400 days). By the end you'll end up with 4,000,000 Nook Miles just to get 400 Nook Mile Tickets. That really is a lot if you really want to get that many.

Last edited:
That's a good tip! I accumulated a ton of nook miles, so for the longest time i really wasn't paying attention to earning more. But then along came kapp'n with his super cool expensive island tours. And then the rng decided it needed to give me gorillas and kangaroos when i was island hopping for a new neighbor (i dont like gorillas and kangaroos)...and yeah, the nook miles are dwindling.

Back