• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fast and Easy(ier?) Way to Kick out Villagers/Get them in boxes! (TT and Non-TT)

I'm trying this method out and I'm liking it so far!

I'm not a pro at this but some things I noticed mentioned in other guides:
-sometimes the bubbles don't show, and it's just the villager in the thinking pose
-sometimes the bubbles show up with text
-there's a time window for move outs (11am-4pm) <-- idk how true this is

Yeah I've had 2 ask so far using my method... Not sure if them asking is rarer or not.. When I was wanting to boot Judy (she was my most recent) I assumed it would take a while but she asked on my 2nd try so I am not sure if it's even harder to boot them as they can and will ask to leave at some point in the process..
It's funny how I would've asked for your Judy even though I already have her I love her that much LMAO

It's funny how I would've asked for your Judy even though I already have her I love her that much LMAO
All she did was sing! Like sing 24/7! Plus I was not a fan of her design. I ended up basically swapping her for Diana and am happy with my choice.. :)

All she did was sing! Like sing 24/7! Plus I was not a fan of her design. I ended up basically swapping her for Diana and am happy with my choice.. :)
My sis has tried for 6 hours to get rid of Diana LOL the RNG loved her on mystery islands, but seems to hate her when it comes to bubbles.

-sometimes the bubbles don't show, and it's just the villager in the thinking pose
I think you maybe right about the time of day aspect. I've heard it mentioned they must be walking around about the island and the time frame you referenced was good.

This makes me wonder if there is actually a time frame in which they may not ask to move out. It would be an interesting theory to test.

Sadly, almost every piece of information we know about this process is (as far as I know) purely anecdotal and this thread will most likely continue to change A LOT for a long while

I don't TT, so I was happy to find a method that moves out villagers relatively quickly once someone wants to move. I used this to move Hippeux out just a few days ago!

Maybe it's just for the best chances at everyone? Since most of the villagers will be active earlier in the day?
That would be my guess.
Considering if villagers are sound enough in the mind to go to sleep, they probably aren't considering moving out haha.

Someone mentioned earlier (I think) that it can happen during same day by logging in later and I think that is correct..

My example is yesterday. I was on in the morning and spoke to all my animals, none wanted to leave. I then got back on in the afternoon and gave them all fruit. None wanted to leave. When I got on last night to look for Scorpions, I saw Sprocket had the bubble. I figured he wanted to give me something or sell me something so I spoke with him and he asked to move. Same day, just a different log in...

Someone mentioned earlier (I think) that it can happen during same day by logging in later and I think that is correct..

My example is yesterday. I was on in the morning and spoke to all my animals, none wanted to leave. I then got back on in the afternoon and gave them all fruit. None wanted to leave. When I got on last night to look for Scorpions, I saw Sprocket had the bubble. I figured he wanted to give me something or sell me something so I spoke with him and he asked to move. Same day, just a different log in...
Was he inside earlier in the day? Some people say if there is no bubble, it might be someone who's inside their house and if you go on later that they'll prompt

Was he inside earlier in the day? Some people say if there is no bubble, it might be someone who's inside their house and if you go on later that they'll prompt
No he was outside all 3 times I spoke with him... In the AM he was walking around with net, in the afternoon when I gave him fruit he was singing and when I found him that night with the bubble he was pacing in front of resident services..

The internet is your friend.. Plenty of instances of corrupt data. Instead of hijacking a thread that the OP has already added a warning to, do some research and not ask others to do it for you OR contact a moderator and inform them you feel that I am unwarranted in my warning others about force closing and data corruption...

When I see force closing mentioned in the future I'll continue to warn others about the danger of it. If you don;t like reading such things then you are more than welcome to add me to the ignore list and I don;t think you'll see any of my future posting after having done so...

Again, it's your data so do as you please. If data corruption occurs, you'll have nobody to blame but yourself...

The OP added a warning and adjusted their how to. Not sure why some are still stuck on this and would advocate that others perform a risky and possibly catastrophic procedure..

To each their own I suppose, force close away...
I'm asking because I've actually been researching the topic of corrupt ACNH saves on my good friend, the Internet, these past few days, and I've found no evidence of force quitting causing corrupt saves. that's why I asked you to provide evidence if you had it. idk why you have to be so defensive, I'm literally just asking you to help me out. personally, I think you have no evidence of force quitting causing corrupt saves, and that's why you're not providing it.

A safer solution is when you know you're due for a move-out request (15+ days after the last move-out), just don't talk to villagers you want to keep if they have the thought bubble. Cuts out the force close situation entirely.

A safer solution is when you know you're due for a move-out request (15+ days after the last move-out), just don't talk to villagers you want to keep if they have the thought bubble. Cuts out the force close situation entirely.

I would agree. The only reason you need to talk to somebody in the first place would be to confirm that it's a "moving out bubble" in circulation. Additionally, I've made edits to the thread stating that there's actually no need to force close at all during the process, since if you don't choose to have them stay or leave and you save and exit ,the bubble should continue to move around.

I would agree. The only reason you need to talk to somebody in the first place would be to confirm that it's a "moving out bubble" in circulation. Additionally, I've made edits to the thread stating that there's actually no need to force close at all during the process, since if you don't choose to have them stay or leave and you save and exit ,the bubble should continue to move around.
How do you save and exit without choosing to have them stay or leave?

How do you save and exit without choosing to have them stay or leave?

If you want to time travel forward and you're talking to the villager that has the bubble, if you don't select the stay or leave option, press the home button to reach the home screen, go to the settings to skip forward, and then re-enter the game (do no close the game at any point during this time). Once you've re-entered the game, press the - button to save and exit. If you didn't tell the villager to stay or leave, you should have the bubble still move around.

If adding images into spoilers for this process would be helpful, I can work on adding it into the thread.

If you want to time travel forward and you're talking to the villager that has the bubble, if you don't select the stay or leave option, press the home button to reach the home screen, go to the settings to skip forward, and then re-enter the game (do no close the game at any point during this time). Once you've re-entered the game, press the - button to save and exit. If you didn't tell the villager to stay or leave, you should have the bubble still move around.
Oh, I don't TT so I guess I'll just keep ignoring villagers with thought bubbles during move-out time if I want to keep them. Might be worth adding that as an alternative since you do mention it working for non-TTers in the title.

Back