• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

explain your user title!

It's the (translated) title of the opening song for Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani, to fit my current aesthetic! I thought about using some translated lyric snippets from the same song but they were all too wordy aaaaa

"Feeling Swept Away"

This is a lyric found in a song I often revisit for how smooth and great I think it sounds: "Windswept" by Bryan Ferry. I find it relatable as I've been feeling like my opinions and concerns have increasingly been ignored or pushed aside when it comes to my real-life job. It's never a problem on TBT (everyone here is awesome by the way), but I've been feeling like most of my life has been filled with others relying on me too much, and not a lot of help being given to me. Therefore, I'm currently "Feeling Swept Away" and not knowing how to fix this.

"That's brutal" is a common phrase used in Metalocalypse (what I'm using for my current aesthetic). Some of the main characters have accents and pronounce certain words differently (for example, "th" sounds like "d"), hence the unique spelling. My user title was "Oh wowee" before I changed it, which is one of Toki's catchphrases.

"Life Through Apathetic Lenses"

For the better part of two weeks, I've been donning this... "title", I guess. There's no aesthetic, here (much less an "edgy" one); it's simply me trying to establish a state of mind in which I'm not bitter, irritable, and irascible much of the time. It's how I was last year, and I want to change that by being apathetic to all the things in the world in which these negative feelings manifest within me. I chose this title, thinking by not caring, I'll be more focused on matters which I find important in my life — goals which would help me be more productive and active. I'm not sure if I can really be apathetic. I'm so passionate about media I consume and care about, and I hate how society operates — how people contradict themselves with very little (if any) self-awareness and how it enables a conformist, tribalistic mentality, which humans sadly haven't evolved from. It still bleeds through me in 2024, and I just hate how stupid and nonsensical the world is. I just wish I could close myself off from it and live in my own world, without a care.

I'll also add that I have a hard time letting go and have ridiculous, childish pet peeves that I should've outgrown a long time ago.

Last edited:
This is a voice line from the episode my avatar is from. There’s no deeper meaning.

It’s the name of the boss theme from Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story.

Last edited:
It is a famous quote from Tommy Wiseau in his critically acclaimed movie, The Room.

“I did not hit her, it’s not true! It’s (bleep)! I did not hit her, I did not.”
Tosses water bottle
“Oh, hi Mark.”
by the way I lied the movie sucks

I want to participate in this thread but I think you can tell what my user title is saying and why specifically I would have it as that... its obviously bc I hate pink!!!!!!!!!!

“Shroomish cast Fireball”
pretty simple, My favorite Pokémon is Shroomish and a powerful wizard spell in D&D is fireball, I’d put either that or Meteor Swarm but probably gonna put that with a Minior pfp

Kalmia is the title of the opening song for the Code: Realize anime which is one of the only things I liked about that adaptation, and also the name of a poisonous flower. I feel like it suits the moodier vibe of this aesthetic ehehe

"In Search of a Coherent Worldview"

What it says on the tin. Still trying to make sense of this nonsensical world and its inhabitants.

I had to change my title, as I just changed my avatar. It's Roscoe's exact NL/PC/NH picture quote, but altered to read "dark" instead of "fast" because "Dark Horse" is a cool thing to say.

Back