• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dying trends that you still follow

I still like going to malls for shopping. I'm not a fan of online shopping for clothes as I'm very particular about how clothes fit and feel, and it's hard to guess getting them online.

I like going to watch movies in a theater too. Usually for the bigger blockbuster movies that I'm interested in. However, movie theaters are getting quite expensive 💸

I guess buying physical games comes under this category as well. I prefer buying physical copies of new games, and you can always find physical copies of older games cheap as well.
Yes! I still online shop a lot (mostly bc I don’t have a car at the moment), but it for sure doesn’t beat shopping irl. Breaks my heart that malls and theaters in general are dying 💔

• I still collect physical media quite often. Mostly movies and video games, as I am a firm believer that once you buy something digitally, you will never get at least some of your money back, ever, if you want to sell it at some point. Besides, once an internet store or service shuts down, it's lost forever.
  • I've moved on from collecting CD's, though I'll still purchase an album on the format if it's not available on the streaming services, or if only an inferior version of said album is available. I'll say, though, that the mini-LP CD's that are vinyl replicas sold in Japan are some of the coolest things ever, and I own a few of those. They're not cheap (and are frequently bootlegged and copied by the Russians), but I'm slowly starting to become addicted to them.
  • I still maintain an iPod Classic that I've retrofitted with a custom flash drive with 1TB of storage, and I love having it as it's an excellent internet-free way of accessing songs (and even movies and shows I've converted to play on the device). I've had the logic board break on me two times, but I like the device so much, that I'll just buy another one and fix it myself. It would've been cool if Apple released a limited-edition iPod that could access the Apple Music library and had modern features, but knowing them, it would be a major flop amongst the general public.
  • I still watch several memes and videos that were popular during my later high school years (2017-2018), and never quite grew tired of them. When I quit social media not long after, I stopped following the trends mostly because a lot of people migrated to TikTok and started doing really stupid dances and challenges, and the virus jokes made in 2020 I've found to be incredibly unfunny.

Back