• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Does it ever stop feeling Minecraft-y?

pumpkinpuppy

mostly a pumpkin
Bells
Switch
4499-7150-8801
Orange (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
Pear (Fruit)
I think the game is very cute, but after three days of playing I'm getting extremely bored already. I didn't think the set-up was going to be pretty much nothing but crafting- I assumed it would be more of a mix of the two. I can't really be bothered playing more crafting so I set it down last night and I don't know if I can be bothered to go back to playing it, haha.

I think the game is very cute, but after three days of playing I'm getting extremely bored already. I didn't think the set-up was going to be pretty much nothing but crafting- I assumed it would be more of a mix of the two. I can't really be bothered playing more crafting so I set it down last night and I don't know if I can be bothered to go back to playing it, haha.

I'm assuming that as you build up your stores and catalogues (catalog begins with Nook's Cranny) you can rely more on furniture sales and less on DIY crafting, but we'll have to see. Based on earlier games where the progression was "wait until it's sold," I'm happy that crafting gives me a bit more to do on the island in-between the waiting periods of construction and things.

Hold out, friend!

It also might just feel like there's a lot of craft-related stuff now because there is less villagers and you're looking for things to do to fill your time other than walking around... in previous titles there really wasn't much beyond Fishing or Bug Catching at this point; I guess crafting seems "overwhelming" because it's the only other thing to do.

I'm assuming that as you build up your stores and catalogues (catalog begins with Nook's Cranny) you can rely more on furniture sales and less on DIY crafting, but we'll have to see. Based on earlier games where the progression was "wait until it's sold," I'm happy that crafting gives me a bit more to do on the island in-between the waiting periods of construction and things.

Hold out, friend!

It also might just feel like there's a lot of craft-related stuff now because there is less villagers and you're looking for things to do to fill your time other than walking around... in previous titles there really wasn't much beyond Fishing or Bug Catching at this point; I guess crafting seems "overwhelming" because it's the only other thing to do.

I think you got a solid point here. It feels like its a game that "starts" when it "ends". What I mean by that is that you will get to experience it when you have built a town on your island with other villagers.

One of the little Nooks also has a store if you haven't discovered that, I just buy new tools when my old ones break. I think we'll have to farm resources to get buildings make and stuff like bridges, but I agree that basically we're currently building an Animal Crossing game and once your island looks like a town I don't think crafting will be this essential.

I agree with others. Hold out because it's going to become animal crossing moreso when you reach a certain point and can buy the stuff you want and sell the normal things instead of crafted furniture.

Back