• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone still play Wild World?

I still play it on a daily basis along with Let's Go To The City, for the purpose of catalogue completion.

I threw my game out years ago.
It got too much, watering flowers was a full time job, and I literally had no time for living my RL.

WW became a loathesome chore.

I do. It's older so its a little easier to break than newer games, which sounds bad. (By break I mean exploit glitches and the like). I mean in terms of hacking, New Leaf is probably the easiest to hack. But for some reason it's fun to float off the screen in wild world.

The last time I started the game (last summer), I was wondering why it was flashing a lot..
then I realised, that the game is skipping days extremelly fast.
Meaning, in 5 minutes I went through like 50+ days :confused:

I don't want to reset the game though and lose all my (cheated, cough) stuff,
so since then I didn't really touch it anymore

I bought a used copy a bit ago for nostalgia sake but I just couldn't get into it, not enough to do. ACNL spoiled me so now I can't go back lol. Sad because I miss the flea markets where you could buy furniture from the villagers houses

Not anymore. I did almost everything I wanted to do in the game, and there's not much to come back to, unlike GCN.

I still play City Folk fairly often, as I haven't accomplished everything I want to do yet, and it's pretty much just an improved WW on the Wii.

i would still play it if my brother's 3ds didn't get set to 2006 when i last played it ;~; i put it back in my own DS and the entire town was in absolute shambles

i was gonna try to fix it on my own (how i'd do it, i'm not quite sure), but my brother lost the game a few days after i gave it to him. rip me

to add insult to injury, i think he lost the game before we moved to a new house.

thanks, universe, all i wanted was my crummy ww version of my current nl town :s

I was still playing it daily until my DS broke a few years ago. Unfortunately I haven't played it since.

yesterday, after washing and drying a coat, i found my ACWW cartridge in one of the pockets and tried it and still works....i forgot how fun it was playing it but the graphics is not comparable to ACNL...but i still love it...

I would imagine not just because of the lack of WiFi capabilities. New Leaf is a huge improvement, and most would prefer that to Wild World. Don’t get me wrong; Wild World was a decent game, but it was far from the best. It had it’s charm because it was the first Animal Crossing release on a handheld, but it quickly became boring. New Leaf has so much more flexibility and options for you to express yourself. You weren’t the mayor in Wild World, so that put a limit on things you could do. Wild World was avuislly very fun to me, but it was in the past. Now, with New Leaf being released, Wild World just doesn’t have the charm that it used to have. It was fun back then, and I can admit that. Now? It’s a lost cause. I’m sure some people still play Wild World, but probably not as much or as often. People are even getting bored with New Leaf now. It seems we are all eager for an Animal Crossing Switch to be announced. I’m hoping it’ll be soon. I miss the community and friendships formed by the actual games, although the forums are great for that, too.

Also, I realize I’m straying off topic now so I’ll end this post right here.

I've been playing Wild World and City Folk a lot more lately. Wild World is what got me into the series, and I want to stay with those games and New Leaf until the Switch version comes out. I'm considering restarting my Wild World copy since Kabuki moved out when I hadn't played for a week max...

All that aside, yes. I love Wild World. I borrowed a friend's copy once, and her town was named 'home'. This is why all my towns are named 'Home'.

Last edited:
I do! It was hilarious when I first went back on and saw my town XD For some reason my house looked an absolute mess. I've fixed it now though XD

Rather recently I've found myself hooked on WW again -- the game took my heart for seven full years before I ever got another game but im not sure what it is that keeps my attention.

Back