• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone still play this game?

As explored in this thread, I just picked it up as my pre-NH game thanks to advice from the community. The laser-focus of the game isn't a negative, but it does mean I do one project then put it down again. But given one project = one in-game day of work, that feels about right.

Whether I complete every single possible job inside the game remains to be seen, but as a reintroduction into the world of Animal Crossing it's a joy.

I actually started this game yesterday to practice my interior design skills for New Horizons! (Spoiler: I'm still terrible at it)

...But I'll probably end up dropping it once NH comes out lol

I got it a long time ago and only played like an hour. I honestly kinda forgot about it.
I'm thinking of picking it up again to try and tide myself for New Horizons :)

I kinda wanna pick it up again temporarily until New Horizons comes out so I can decorate some rooms and get some inspiration for stuff I want to do on my island and in my house, but chances are I'll be too lazy to do that.

short answer- no because I feel like the furniture items and themes got too redundant for me (except for the really out there themes that people would ask for like a "palace" or "spa" or stuff like that. I guess I mean that the ones that just ask for like "a house in the woods" or "a modern house" became too boring)

one thing I use to do tho, which idk if anyone else did this, was that sometimes I would use the game to plan out rooms for my new leaf town. like I would just accept someone's request and then make their house the big room option, and then just use the space to put together and plan new ideas. I would then save in the middle of the "request" so I could go back to my design or use it as another empty room template. does this make sense? I thought it was pretty revolutionary of me to do. definitely saved me a lot of time and money in new leaf because I no longer had to buy a bunch of items and "hope" that they go well together and could instead play around with the items directly to see if I liked it or not. the only downside was that HHD didn't offer all the same items that new leaf did (or at least I never got to the point where all the items were unlocked)

I play HHD whenever I have a spare room in my ACNL house. The fact that you can take allllll the furniture from New Leaf, see all of its customizations, and easily see where furnishings looks best.

Also, you can link up HHD to New Leaf. You can move furniture with the stylus, you get 3X3 furniture, and a diorama of Nook's Home's.

I actually play this game when I'm feeling like I need to be really creative and design something, and/or when I'm trying to fall asleep at night and I have nothing else to do to help me sleep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't played it in years.

I think this goes for a lot of people

I do. I've played it once since ACNH came out, but I've been regularly playing this game for years, and I expect I'll still come back to it occasionally. Sometimes I want a break from the pace of a standard AC game and just want to redecorate and expand animals' homes with no pressure. It's a wind down activity for me.

Not since NH is out, but I played last month! When I pick it up I can't stop playing it. I actually love it, for real!

I pick it up every now and then, I mostly just like redoing all the town facilities lol.

I absolutely loved it when it came out, and I still do. I really liked the amount of freedom I had compared to NL, like ceiling mounted-items, rugs, curtains, and being able to move furniture in half-increments. It was a really fun way to flex my creativity muscles in a way that didn't cost me bells or take tons of time tracking down all the furniture.

I haven't touched it in probably a year lol. I probably should, as there's nothing wrong with the game and it makes designing easy.

I play it because I like to see how my decorating habits have changed over time! The way I used to go about decorating in that game when I first started has changed drastically!

Back