• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Does anyone still play this game?

i played it for a week when i first got it in 2015 but then i just kinda put it down. i haven't touched it in 2 years

I did until my 3DS screen started malfunctioning. I'll probably have to replace it.

I’ll play it every now and then. Mostly now I just use it to help plan out my room designs for NL since it’s easier to decorate and customize in HHD.

I do play occasionally but there is not really a reward anymore and it gets really repetitive ;/

I want to get back into it, I really do. But restarting the game is so tedious. You always have to go through the same tutorial houses and it's just such a drag. It doesn't help that I have crippling perfectionism that insists that I should reset if the houses aren't perfect... Even though it's the beginning of the game and barely anything is unlocked.

I want to get back into it, I really do. But restarting the game is so tedious. You always have to go through the same tutorial houses and it's just such a drag. It doesn't help that I have crippling perfectionism that insists that I should reset if the houses aren't perfect... Even though it's the beginning of the game and barely anything is unlocked.
Why reset? You can just redesign pretty much anything at any time.

I sold my original copy a while back after I had stopped playing for a good bit. But then I picked it up for $5 at Five Below a few weeks ago. We'll see how far I get into it this time.

Yep! I play it all the time, It's a good time passer.

Not really. One in a while I pick it up because I like to decorate. It's one of my favourite things to do in games. But I get board very easily. You only have one room and so much space to work with. I've been redecorating in New Leaf because it juse has more space and more items. If I really feel like decorating, I just play The Sims 4. I have been redecorating the entire world.

I really enjoyed it, only recently got it when it was in every 5 and Below.
It's more enjoyable if you don't try to do a lot at once, but rather, just stick to one house a day. It's a relaxing routine then, and you gain new things everyday through play coin purchases.

I think after you unlock everything, it becomes a good way to decorate how you want your NL rooms to look, since you'll have every item in the game available to place. So, yea, still play it sometimes. :)

I play it every once in a while, I decorate about 2-3 houses a day and then put it away for weeks at a time. I love the game and all, it just makes me impatient for the new one to come out.

I play the game to pass the time. I do enjoy it, but I haven't played it as often recently. I think playing at my own pace motivates me to try and "finish" the game. I really like decorating, so I don't think I'll ever get too tired of this game.

I've been playing new leaf more often though, so meh.

I still play it from time to time, especially since I just restarted. In general I'm more into New Leaf though

I still play it periodically, though I put more time into ACNL. House decorating is my favorite part of the series, and it's really relaxing to make homes for animals with different themes. I also enjoy landscaping, and it's fun to make yards for animals, though I wish they could be bigger. It's also nice to not have to worry about acquiring and buying all of the furniture I need, and potentially remodeling it.

I find HHD works best as a game to play in 30 minute stretches or so. I generally work on a house over about two sessions (it takes me 30-60 minutes per house, usually, before larger remodels come into play), and it's really relaxing. It's not the sort of game I would want to play for eight hours straight, however.

It would be great if we had this degree of control over animals' homes in the main games. An HHD sequel with an actual town/streets you could wander around would also be nice to give the whole package a more coherent feel, though I don't get the impression the game was popular enough to warrant a sequel, sadly.

Every now and again I do, but it can get boring really quickly.

i just started playing it again so i can derust my decorating skills for new horizons

Back