Does Anyone Have A Show They Love AND Hate?

Just goes to show Red doesn't need 1000 episodes to get to the elite four.

Let's compare here: Red takes 4 episodes to get to elite four AND beats them

Ash takes 1000 episodes and when he gets there, he looses and says screw it, let's go to the next region with all new pokemon and throw away all the time and training I put into this one. Oh, and tell pikachu to be weaker.

Pokemon needs a new trainer, just let the kid win for once. I wish we had a new character for every region. Ash in kalos isn't the same as when he as in kanto with brock and misty. Misty had some character development, the new characters are just fillers for characters.

Back on topic, this isn't a pokemon thread after all.

American Horror Story. I often hate the writing (primarily fanservice and the inclusion of things that don't need to be in the show) and some of the directorial choices made, but I think it's those moments of great acting from cast members that keeps me attached.

NCIS and it's spin-offs. They're some of my favorite shows mostly because I can just sit back and relax watching the case of the week, but they're hilariously not realistic.

For example. Obviously they've gotten a little better and actually describe some of the actual terminology in a way the average viewer would probably understand, but hey I don't expect terribly much from network TV.

It's less "I love and hate it" and more "I love it because it's bad" but definitely feel this way about Riverdale. It's full of awkward dialogue and weird plot twists and the show seems to shift severely in tone every few episodes and overall just feels like a very poorly written show, but like... I can't get enough of it, haha.

curb your enthusiasm and nathan for you, i usually have to watch the show behind a couch bc they put themselves in situations that are just too painful lmao (i'm aware none of them are real but stillllll)

I have a lot of shows like this. Typically ones that start out well but falter in their later seasons

The Bachelor franchise lol, I love it because it's bad. My family and I watch it as comedy. It's so unrelatable to me but it's so entertaining.

Degrassi. I love the show to death, but in typical soap opera style (more like a teen soap opera), it drags on. Forever. I'm on the third generation of Next Gen characters (season 14, the final season) and sometimes the storyline really hits a lull and gets boring. There are always those storylines that just don't work for me. Still love it overall though and it will always be one of my favorite shows, and I will definitely continue watching it.

The show of life. It’s filled with twists and turns, and at the very end you find out whether you enjoyed it or not

Probably Black Clover to be honest. I absolutely love the build up in the anime, but it’s just not as good as other anime overall. It’s just my side anime to watch, xD

RWBY

I love the concept, the art, the characters, the world- building, the lore; I love just about everything about it...

I just hate the fandom, and the stupid stigmata that comes with watching it. Like, everyone will slap you with all these labels and basically call you trash if you say you watch it, and god forbid you not agree with someone's "ship" if you're taking with the fandom. I guess all you have to do is just ignore them all, huh?

Family Guy, it's really **** but it's very watchable. same goes for American dad (a better show albeit but still)
Another one is South Park, mainly the topical episodes which don't age very well for me and are RAMPANT among it's newer seasons.

i watch bewitched, a 60's sitcom about a witch married to a human man. it's such a frustrating show to watch because of the heavy gender role enforcing, and at the same time charming with its humor, practical effects and cast of supporting characters... but it's worth watching.

I would think Steven Universe. I find the lore/story very interesting, but how the show handles buildup and certain topics is a little irritating at times.

My roommate watches a lot of TV (stuff like shopping and cooking shows) so I sometimes watch with them. Some shows are like yeah it's semi entertaining but after you have seen like 15, 20 episodes of the same thing it also gets repetitive, although it can still be mildly interesting.

Star vs the Forces of Evil

On the one hand, it had the potential at the beginning to become a pretty good show, with likable characters and an interesting story. On the other hand, it turned into trash with the start of season 4, as they focused more on the whole shipping drama rather on the actual plot. In general they end the show with so many unanswered questions, so many non-logical points... It's frustrating, because I still like the show kinda, but now I would only re-watching certain episodes of it, as I don't need to see the final episode which is nothing than a giant rushed mess again.

Also Steven Universe. I like it but also dislike it. The whole Pink Diamond twist and what they have done in Change your Mind was dumb, like really dumb, but it still has some watchable episodes here and there which I do enjoy.

steven universe, sometimes cute and fun, sometimes dumb and annoying. I actually need to catch up on it pretty majorly lol the last episode I saw was Jungle Moon in season 5 I think it was

Back