Does Anyone Have A Show They Love AND Hate?

Umaru-Chan. She's SUPER annoying and rude and doesn't seem to be learning her lesson at all, yet the colourful art is addictive to watch.

The anime Kakegurui. It's really good, the animation is beautiful and you can tell a lot of work put into the production, but the plot makes no sense. They act like the stakes are high but they aren't. No one is at risk of dying, people who are put in dangerous/threatening situations never have serious consequences, and everything seems to be resolved very neatly. It's a really good anime but there's no depth to it.

For me it would be the Dead Files. The show takes itself too seriously and most of the time the investigations are kinda uninteresting... I'm not really a big fan of paranormal shows in the first place because I don't really believe in that stuff anyways. But MY GOD are the sketch artist's drawings of the ghosts and the family's reactions at the end worth it lmao. It's just so bad it's good.

For a more serious show, I have a lot of mixed feelings about Black Mirror. While I think it's a great show, it just never really leaves me in a good mood (which is probably its intention anyways). I also think the most recent season with the American actors was pretty bad. It's one of those shows where I either remember the episode for the rest of my life or I think to myself that I really wish I hadn't put myself through watching that.

Mindhunter and Gilmore Girls (especially the Revival omg).

Mindhunter had its moments, more so in S2, that felt shoehorned/not as impactful so I found myself waiting to see if it would tie in to the other episodes or not. At times, it would and I would be relieved, while others felt like missed opportunities to delve more into each character's development and whatnot. The lighting/possibly filter(???) was also really unflattering for the actors and highlighted how even in the 21st century, makeup mishaps can detract from the viewer's experience. It was a common observation for people to ask on the Mindhunter subreddit about the lighting and makeup application. The actors had scenes where they looked jaundiced and it was unsettling to some.

Meanwhile, Gilmore Girls had its fair share of poor characterization, soapboxes and pedestals for certain characters and their motivations, etc. I still enjoy the show overall but certain things bother me about it, writing-wise.

I still cringe re-watching the episode where the main character, Rory, engages in an affair with her ex-boyfriend. The ex-boyfriend, Dean, was married but somehow Rory dgaf and threw a woman child tantrum when confronted by her mother about it. One of the lines Rory says is "I dated him first/he was my boyfriend first" like ??? That mentality and response was really gross. People / = / property. Rory is touted as a Mary Sue smart girl and goody two shoes multiple times by her mother, grandparents, and everyone in the town. Even her rival, Peris, ends up getting "won over" because DUH it's Rory. :confused: It seemed as if no one could dislike Rory and if they did, shame shame.

The show went even more downhill when the creator, Amy Sherman-Palladino and her writer/producer husband, Daniel, were not in charge of later seasons. When the Revival rumors were confirmed as true, GG fans such as myself were happy but still concerned. After the way the series ""ended,"" one wondered how Rory's story could continue. In short: it was still not good because Rory was back to that "I-dated-him-first" mentality by messing around with Logan, the supposed Love of Her Life, who happened to be engaged. But somehow we were supposed to root for her anyway. No thanks. I'm still able to watch certain episodes of the show, but those sorts of moments are frustrating since the Rory character obviously didn't grow from her experiences.

it has to be Fairy Tail. i literally hate this show cuz of the amount of fillers and the fanservice gets annoying sometimes. but, it's somewhat charming in a way.

Mine was Game of Thrones.

I loved it. It had dragons in it. What more needs to be said?

Alas, as with many great shows the final season was so bad, the damage could only be repaired by a total remake of the season.

What a truly horrid, half assed attempt of an ending to a show that had so much effort put into it.

They did one thing HALF right. Drogon melted the iron throne. It would've been better if he had melted Jon Snow with it.

Last edited:
Alright I'm sure people think I'm weird for this but... Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Guilty pleasure. I really like it because I don't know, I just think they can be funny sometimes. I also hate it because when they start complaining about minuscule things I get really annoyed. Some of their voices drive me up a wall too. But it's pretty entertaining and there's lots of seasons so I usually just use the show as background noise. Or I drink my coffee in the morning while I watch.

Mine was Game of Thrones.

I loved it. It had dragons in it. What more needs to be said?

Alas, as with many great shows the final season was so bad, the damage could only be repaired by a total remake of the season.

What a truly horrid, half assed attempt of an ending to a show that had so much effort put into it.

They did one thing HALF right. Drogon melted the iron throne. It would've been better if he had melted Jon Snow with it.

Oh yeah, that was a big one I missed. I loved Game of Thrones up until the last season. I’m sure a lot of other fans feel the same way too.

Oh yeah, that was a big one I missed. I loved Game of Thrones up until the last season. I’m sure a lot of other fans feel the same way too.

When I think of what they turned Danny into, and, OMG.. Bran the freaking BROKEN.

I want to be sick.

Last edited:
I loved game of thrones and I still do, but the way they ruined the last season made me so angry - so incredibly angry!!- that I do kind of hate it now, I hate how invested I got into the show just to be disappointed. But I love the beginning seasons so much, that I know I will watch it again someday.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
The first 2 seasons were hilarious (and the third was good), but the fourth season was unbelievably bad

Last edited:
Back