• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Does anyone else love the uchi dialogue?

starlightsong

♡ static's biggest fan ♡
Bells
Switch
1526-8742-2508
April Birthstone (Diamond)
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Uchis seem a bit more hated than most of the other personalities and I admit I don't like them all that much in NL, but they're one of my favorite personalities now in NH! They're just so mischievous and fun and I think their love of flowers is so cute. I've only had one on my island so far, Reneigh, and I know that for the most part every other uchi will say the same stuff so it's not like she's all that special, but I just absolutely love her dialogue and I feel like I know more about her and her life than my other villagers.

For example: she grew up in a rural town and I'm pretty sure she mentioned growing up near the mountains too. She never leaves home without medicine on her because when she was a kid her mom didn't let her due to how often she ran into wasp nests. Once she had a hilarious conversation with Chief where she was trying to explain to him how to use his nookphone, and it ended with her implying that she was gonna smash his phone with a rock so he could "get the film out" from the camera. When she was younger she used to work at an antique store and she broke a vase, tried to replace it with one she made herself out of clay, and then a rich guy paid a fortune for it but she got fired when the boss found out what happened. She has a bad habit of buying stuff she doesn't really need... one of her favorite sayings is "failure is the mother of success" and she tries to remember that and learn from her mistakes...

Reneigh is just so fun to talk to and it helps that I really love her design. Does anyone else feel this way about their uchis? I get the feeling that part of why they're so unpopular is because there are just less cute ones (which in turn is partly due to the fact that there are less of them overall seeing as they were introduced in NL and then NH only added 8 new villagers), but I still think there are some awesomely designed uchis to choose from and I definitely wouldn't mind having 2 of them on my island.

I don’t get the hate at all (but then again, there are people who have all jock and lazy islands, which sounds like actual torture to me, so everyone has their own tastes). The conversation I heard with Deirdre and Fang last night was the liveliest thing I’d heard in the game yet (I won’t spoil it for those with both personality types)

They're my favorite personality type! Even if I don't like how one looks, if they're on my island, I'm going to end up in love with them. I just let Tammy go the other day and it was so sad. Katt moved in randomly and at first I was like "eww what's this thing any why is it here" but now she's my bro. And one of my dreamies is Deirdre, who I had in NL, and she and I were so tight! I stopped playing NL because I couldn't stop her from moving out. They're all just so fun, I can't imagine hating any of them.

I was never a fan of the uchi villager, but I have to admit I am loving Cherry. I thought I'd move her out, when the game started, but she's here for good.

I came across a conversation between her and Dobie last night that had me laughing outright at the dialogue.

Then she'll turn around and be so sweet to Lolly or Sally. The only one she doesn't seem to have much patience for is Flora.

uchi is one of my top favourite types! i really adore them. they're a cool, lowkey tough big sister type and i love that about them. phoebe's interactions with buzz (a cranky) is really just a blessing.

I love them, had Apollo and Flo at some point and I loved how she wanted to care for him and he was so defensive about it. I think I have a soft spot for them due to being counterparts of cranky characters, my top favorites with lazies. They care about you, they are just sometimes too direct or blunt about what they say. I find that endearing, I have friends that won't sugarcoat things and I think that's nice to have from time to time.

I do find some differences between uchi villagers though? Like for some reason Pashmina had me laughing a lot, Flo was cool and Ursala seemed more rude than them? I know it may be my mind playing tricks on me, since the only thing different about all of them was their design

Seeing this love for Uchis gladdens my heart and restores my faith in the Animal Crossing playerbase! I like their dialogue, and their backstories that allude to rebellious, independent pasts. Plus they usually like to stay up really, really late which I find cool.

I don’t get the hate at all (but then again, there are people who have all jock and lazy islands, which sounds like actual torture to me, so everyone has their own tastes). The conversation I heard with Deirdre and Fang last night was the liveliest thing I’d heard in the game yet (I won’t spoil it for those with both personality types)
The funny thing is that lazies are actually my favorite personality in every game prior to this one, but I feel like they got a downgrade with the bug dialogue while uchis got upgraded and made them possibly my new fave for this game LOL. Their dialogue in NL doesn't seem very memorable to me but in NH they're really punk-ish and fun but caring at the same time and it makes them remind me of the sukeban/delinquent girl archetype that I love in anime.
Post automatically merged:

Whenever Reneigh talks to Quillson, she misunderstands Quillson and starts to talk about whooping butt when Quillson is talking about dance moves.
Omg, I've never seen that conversation! My smug is Julian and I don't think I've ever seen him and Reneigh talking. I hope they do soon because that sounds hilarious.
Post automatically merged:

They're my favorite personality type! Even if I don't like how one looks, if they're on my island, I'm going to end up in love with them. I just let Tammy go the other day and it was so sad. Katt moved in randomly and at first I was like "eww what's this thing any why is it here" but now she's my bro. And one of my dreamies is Deirdre, who I had in NL, and she and I were so tight! I stopped playing NL because I couldn't stop her from moving out. They're all just so fun, I can't imagine hating any of them.
In NL I didn't like Katt's design at all but for some reason I feel like she's so cute in NH? I had this same experience with Fuchsia actually! I hope you find Deirdre soon, I'm not a big fan of the way she looks but I love the design of her house.

Their dialogue is the best imo. I like how grounded they are, and how they clash with the other personalities.
While crankies have had all...spiciness drained from their personalities, which bothers me a bit, uchi villagers are almost like a successor.
It baffles me when people think uchis are too mean and rude though? I mean, they're more mischievous and teasing than outright "mean." It makes me think of when ppl assume the worst possible reading of a villager's dialogue bc they think they're ugly and want to hate them lol

I love them, had Apollo and Flo at some point and I loved how she wanted to care for him and he was so defensive about it. I think I have a soft spot for them due to being counterparts of cranky characters, my top favorites with lazies. They care about you, they are just sometimes too direct or blunt about what they say. I find that endearing, I have friends that won't sugarcoat things and I think that's nice to have from time to time.

I do find some differences between uchi villagers though? Like for some reason Pashmina had me laughing a lot, Flo was cool and Ursala seemed more rude than them? I know it may be my mind playing tricks on me, since the only thing different about all of them was their design
I think perceived differences in dialogue are mostly just up to RNG, as people have looked at the data and all the dialogue in the game and found that the 2 "sub-types" the guidebook says each personality has only affect a really small amount of dialogue that you can see at high friendship levels, sadly :( It's interesting that we have these experiences, though, because I know what you mean--when I had Zucker I always felt like he was more childish than Punchy, and Lily feels more reserved than Marina to me and I feel like she loves to write, but I know it's entirely possible for Marina to give me the same dialogue about writing and such that Lily has. Recently Punchy has even been giving me dialogue that only Zucker had given me before. Maybe there's just enough dialogue variety this time around that it's easy to feel like ones of the same personality are still different from each other.

I agree with you, though! They can sometimes seem too blunt but they're really sweet. Reneigh is always giving me medicine when I get stung, or asking if everything is okay when I talk to her a lot of times in a row, and I like that a lot.

I really enjoy uchis. I like it when they get mad, like there was one convo between Renee and Poncho. Renee wanted to start a punk band and Poncho misinterpreted it as a hunk song (about him).

Renee just shot him a glare to stop talking about him being hunky.

Ive seen people say they're rude but neither of mine are to me?? deirdre is the sweetest lol
Honestly the only remotely rude thing I can remember Reneigh ever even saying to me is from the very beginning of the game when I had just met her, the whole "you again? isn't this island big enough for the both of us? do we need to get another island?" line but that disappeared really quickly as I befriended her! Other than that, she doesn't seem rude at all.

I loved them in NL and I sometimes love them still, but I’ve been disappointed that my two uchi villagers are the ones that get tired of talking to me REALLY fast. One of them is Hazel, who moved onto the island when I arrived on March 20, so it’s not like our friendship levels aren’t high enough. All my other villagers will talk to me 3-4 times per day but my Uchis passive-aggressively ask me if we need a bigger island the second time I talk to them. It makes me feel like I annoy them. I love their conversations with other villagers though! Renée wanted me to join her band.

For the Uchi villagers, I like their caring and sisterly personality. Even though they act rude, they still care and give medicine when you get a wasp sting.

Honestly the only remotely rude thing I can remember Reneigh ever even saying to me is from the very beginning of the game when I had just met her, the whole "you again? isn't this island big enough for the both of us? do we need to get another island?" line but that disappeared really quickly as I befriended her! Other than that, she doesn't seem rude at all.
yeah, deirdre said that to me for the first couple of days.. now she always asks if I'm ok or if something is worrying me (also she'll act flattered I want to talk to her sometimes)

Sisterly villagers aren't rude to the player, more so other villagers because I swear Mira is always fighting with someone especially villagers like Fang and Ankha she has gotten into like 4 or 5 fights with them. Also they tend to fight with all other villager types as well, I saw Mira offend Stitches and Marshal so that wasn't good LOL

Back