• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do your interests "match" your age?

I guess half my interests match my age :eek: Then again I have children at the age of 20.. not sure if typical 20 year olds have kids. Hahaha

i'd like to think so. besides my attachment to acnl, i like the same things most teens like, such as tv shows (example: stranger things), music (except for any rock or rap. i can't stand that type of music), and clothing. but it's kind of hard to determine if i'm really matching their general hobbies, especially since there's such diversity in what teenagers do nowadays.

I mean I don't think interests should be limited to age, but no my interests don't match the "typical" interests for someone of my age. (Then again I don't even talk to anyone my age IRL). Besides school and music stuff I just play PG video games, watch kiddie cartoons (and cooking shows. And Buffy The Vampire Slayer, for the third time) and write really juvenile and fantastical stories. All I've ever (over)heard people my age talk about is drunken escapades on campus and that's definitely not me.

I wanted to rid the world of clowns when I was a kid.

I want to rid the world of clowns even more, as an adult. O_O

Yes and no. I like YA fiction, which people my age tend to like (I'm eighteen). I like movies and music that older people like, such as black-and-white movies, Nirvana, The Beatles, etc. I guess a lot of the newer generation likes those, too, but from my experience, only people I've met online tend to like such things.
I also prefer classy/grungy men and women over today's men and women. I'm especially attracted to men in B&W movies, such as James Dean and Anthony Perkins. I love grungy men from the 80's and 90's, such as the young Billy Corgan and Kurt Cobain. Some women and men today are still kinda grungy (especially women on Tumblr, which I'm extremely attracted to).

Last edited:
I think so?? But as far as music it's really hard for me to keep up with new stuff so I've been listening to the same music for a couple years now. Going to festivals and things like that don't really appeal me to me unless it's some old school artist I used to really like

I'd say for the most part yes, however I tend to watch TV shows and cartoons that would be deemed 'childish' cx Lol I'm only a teen though, so I guess that isn't 'that' weird xD :p

anime, dolls, video games ...hm I guess that?s appropriate for an adult^^
I like to think that we live in progressive times. If someone tries to tell me my interests are immature, I would rather think they aren?t mature enough to not limit interests by age...and feel bad for them.

Last edited:
I think what I like at my age (21) is fine. Anime, video games, certain cartoons, and live sports games. Practicing martial arts and billiards. Writing, hanging out with my best friend, etc. Times have evolved greatly since the last century, and so it’s not uncommon for people my age to still be into video games and to perhaps watch animes. I’m not into things a lot of guys my age are though, like poker, drinking alcohol, drugs, partying, and stuff like that, but I’m a stronger person than a lot of people because I’m not tempted by anything. I would rather use my time not spent relaxing doing my best to get stronger and smarter than everyone else.

EDIT: Also, age has nothing to do with maturity, and imo, age is also kind of irrelevant in life. There are still certain household duties I don’t know how to do, and I also don’t know how to grill, bake, or cook, but I’m sure I’ll figure those out as I get older.

Last edited:
I wanted to rid the world of clowns when I was a kid.

I want to rid the world of clowns even more, as an adult. O_O

jonsnow.jpg

I felt the need to make this picture.

Last edited:
I think that hobbies and interests don't have an age limit. I've met more adults playing Animal Crossing than children.

I've definitely been picked on for things I like doing (I'm 23) like playing video games (specifically Animal Crossing), coloring, liking more cutesy things, and watching cartoons.

- - - Post Merge - - -

anime, dolls, video games ...hm I guess that?s appropriate for an adult^^
I like to think that we live in progressive times. If someone tries to tell me my interests are immature, I would rather think they aren?t mature enough to not limit interests by age...and feel bad for them.

This is what I was trying to say lol. Tomoe is more articulate than I am.

I?m 18 and still have lots of plushies and watch cartoons/anime and love disney and pretty much anything cute, i?d be super embarrassed if anyone apart from my boyfriend and family knew I liked all that stuff though :p

i think so, i’m kinda in the middle and most of the stuff i like is just games and cartoons. i like to think stuff like animal crossing is more of a “for everyone” thing than a “for kids” thing

It's both yes and no. I like 1920's to 1980's stuff. My playlists is mostly old jazz and swing stuff, you know, something grandma would love. *For yes, I love anime and doing dress up dolls like, chibi makers and stuff. Making cute pink and cutesy things. Ha. I think regular 23ish girls are into cute things, yes?

Last edited:
Well I'm 21 and I enjoy i wide range of games from The last of Us to Animal crossing. I don't really know, I think age doesn't really matter when it comes to interests and hobbies. :p

i'm 25 and on an animal crossing forum, that probably speaks volumes on its own

Back