Do you want kids? If so, what would you name them?

Do you want kids?

• Yes

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 63 39.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 41 25.9%

• Total voters
Sometimes personal images and traits don't carry over.
I think people who want to adopt are admirable. I would love to adopt but realistically the process is very expensive and can be a long venture. Especially if adoptions out of the country.
One article I remember reading estimated about 20-40,000 for adoptions depending on circumstances. And I'm sure the children are worth every penny of that but it's not easy for most average households to afford.
And some couples may have a child set up and still not be able to have the process completed for several years. Meanwhile that child is growing without you. So I can see how it can be a very stressful but rewarding thing if you can afford it.

I already have a very maternal personality, especially when it comes to inanimate objects and pets. Caring for kids is an awesome hobby for me.
However, I'd be so worried I wouldn't make a good parent.

Maybe in the future I might, but at the moment, no. I don't want a kid.

I do but I don't because they are so stupid.

I would name the boy's Malachi or Ashton. I would send any girls to the orphanage.

In the future I would.

I dislike kids generally but I know it would be different when it's my own. I don't really like dogs but I've always loved 'em when they're my own.

Yes, I just compared kids to dogs. What of it?

If it's a boy, I'm going to call it 'mistake', because I don't particularly want a boy. As a boy, I know how irritating they can be and I don't particularly want to put up with that, especially if they turn out to be one of the 'bad ones' there's so many of these days. Every boy I have after the first will have a number added to their name to symbolize which mistake they were.

If it's a girl...I dunno, I guess the woman would end up choosing the name anyway regardless of what I say. The woman almost always chooses the name as far as I've known. The Dad just spoils them and judges their boyfriends or leaves home and never comes back. I'll likely do the former because I'm not a total arse.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do but I don't because they are so stupid.

Their stupidity is the best part!

I can't wait to have kids so that I can tell them automatic doors open faster if you run at them.

Umm No I seriously doubt it as much as children CAN be lovely, however I honestly don't think I could cope, not to mention how painful it is

No. Kids scare me, and the process involved to have them is repulsive and sounds absolutely painful. If I ever changed my mind, I'd just adopt.

I don't know if I want kids, I'd like to skip the whole pregnancy part straight to them being in their pre-teens :p I'm not good with sickness and stuff but my boyfriend is so if we ever have kids together he will be the one taking time off work to care for the sick children- he wants to work from home so he would be the one looking after them day to day anyway hopefully. My family also has a lot of diseases that can be passed on genetically so I don't really want to bring someone into the world with the risk of having a bad quality of life later on- the majority of said genetic diseases haven't cropped up in me yet but I am at high risk for heart problems later on- plus I worry that my future kids will pick up anxiety from me either from copying me or by getting the same brain problems I have... But my boyfriend really, really wants kids one day so one of us will have to give.

If I ever have a daughter with my boyfriend I want to call her Ruth, so she will be Ruth Tyler :p But in all seriousness I would carry on my mum's family's tradition of naming their children after plants (We are like the Professors from Pokemon!) so probably something like Lily, Heather or Daisy.
If I have a son I'll let the father (hopefully my current boyfriend! :p ) decide as long as it isn't something silly, unfortunately my boyfriend has the name I'd like to name my son- Alexander- but if not I'll just name him after a plant!

I feel like I'd be too impatient to have kids. Children take a lot of time and I'm pretty selfish with my time. I like getting into my video games and sometimes I even lose myself in them, like a good book. I would be a great mother, don't get me wrong, I just don't particularly want to be one. xD From the looks of the poll I'm part of the majority here. That's surprising, people look at me crazy irl when I say I don't want kids. lol​

I'm actually in the process of arranging to have the Essure procedure done so I can finally be sterilized, after almost a decade of doctors telling me "blah blah u 2 young u change ur mind" like they know my body better than I do. I have literally never desired children and if I do somehow change my mind (won't happen, trust me) then that's my problem, not the doc's. I've offered to sign waivers and they've still been really difficult about it until I found this one local doctor... so thankful for her.

That said, I have a list of names I love, but those are reserved for D&D characters, other game characters, fictional people I write up, etc etc. My two mule villagers in my town - Virgil and Prinny - are D&D characters I had where the campaigns never finished but I was incredibly attached to them and unwilling to let them go ;~;

I have a Nameberry profile where I collect pretty names solely for writing purposes. I love names, man.

I appear to be in a minority on this site... I would like to have kids. :blush:

I currently share the responsibility of raising four kids. Three from my brother who passed away, and one from my sister who is unfit to parent. I've always had a very caring and nurturing nature and look forward to having my own children one day.
I often think of baby names. Since I'm Russian, that influences my choices quite a bit.
For a girl, I like: Valentina, Dasha, Natalya, Victoria, Kseniya
For a boy, I like: Maxim, Vitaly, Andreas, Sebastian, Alexei

As someone who grew up in a family of 11 with all of my brothers and sisters being older, I love kids. I'm always babysitting my nephews and nieces, and want to have the same amount of kids my mom had, because it looks like no one in my family seems to want to continue the tradition ;)
Names I'd name my kids are Jakobs, Samuel, Jeremiah, Dan, Ray, Katie, Mary, Caroline, and Debbie :p

i love kids, sure playing video games and eating pizza is the best thing ever right now but in the future i'd love to have children that i can look forward to when i come home.

I don't think it's a matter if I want some but if there's someone who wants to be with me and have children with me.
So, basically no because there won't be someone DX
But if I would have a child, I'd prefer a boy.
I'd be in conflicts with myself for years, but I think I'd choose Luffy or Akyo as a name ;v;

I currently share the responsibility of raising four kids. Three from my brother who passed away, and one from my sister who is unfit to parent. I've always had a very caring and nurturing nature and look forward to having my own children one day.
I often think of baby names. Since I'm Russian, that influences my choices quite a bit.
For a girl, I like: Valentina, Dasha, Natalya, Victoria, Kseniya
For a boy, I like: Maxim, Vitaly, Andreas, Sebastian, Alexei

Russian names are absolutely beautiful. Haven't come across a single one I didn't love.

I hope people won't name their kids something ridiculous like hashtag...

Nooo way ... this is going to sound bad, and most people disagree with me, but if my child happened to not be intelligent (I'm not talking about mental illness. Just low natural intelligence), I don't think I would ever love it...

Maybe I would consider adopting a female teenager, or like a 10 year old female, but probably not.

++I'm not interested in a partner and I never will be

Last edited:
Back