• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you tip for takeout? (Input from both patrons and staff appreciated!)

We do if it is a mom and pop place, which for us is Mexican and Chinese takeout places. Otherwise no. I think it is often included in the total in bigger places or just not expected at all.

yes, obviously places like mcdonalds dont accept tips so i don't tip there but any small restaurant gets my tips. i worked at a very small sushi shop for a while and while we got decent wages, there was some financial issues at the store that stopped us from being paid for almost a month. i lived off tips.

i never know someone's situation so i always tip. 20% or $5, whichever is larger

I tip if they deliver or if I eat inside the restaurant but not on take out cause if I have to waste gas getting there and back then nope.

I tip more than I used to. As someone who worked at a restaurant, I know how bad the pay is for the amount of work. Unfortunately the place I worked at subtracted tips from our monthly wages; meaning I still earned minimum wage. I don't know if other restaurants do that, but I still tip 15-20% anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Back