Votes: 23 17.0%
  • Yes, occasionally

Votes: 27 20.0%
  • I have done so in the past, but I don't do it anymore

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • I have never timetravelled

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters
I only time travel to go back in time if I've missed something like an event, or if it's late IRL and I hadn't gotten a chance to check my shops yet. I don't usually time travel forward in time, unless I'm doing some massive terraforrming or redecorating project and I need buildings to move quickly or bridges/inclines to be completed. But for the most part I don't really time travel much, and if I do it's always within a day or two of the real date.

I don't because I get bored after like the 3rd time in a row moving a day forward, you can very quickly get burned out that way, I prefer slow paced.

I've never time travelled in new horizons. I just love playing the game slowly, day by day :) I also know that if I did time travel I would have to restart my island because I would feel like I had cheated* It also helps to keep the game interesting because I can't do everything all in one go, especially if I'm redesigning my island.

*I'm not saying that time travelling is cheating - it's just how I feel if I do it!

I finished the story and terraforming/decorating my island without TTing, and I absolutely loved doing it slowly and according to real life time, but afterwards TT is what kept me playing... I got bored and started replaying the events, looking for fish and bugs I didn't have, and I absolutely hate winter so I skipped it lol I would say it's 2 different ways to play. If I ever restarted I would probably rebuild my island without TTing again, I took me long enough that way, I can't imagine playing anymore daily than I did back then

ive been TTing ever since i first started playing animal crossing. it’s just been a normality for me as ive been so used to doing it. personally, if i want something done, then i need to get it done, i can’t wait. i can never just play in real time, i always want things done at once and quickly, i never like taking the time waiting for it because im rather impatient on games lmao. TTing has been super useful for me, and honestly i don think i can ever play animal crossing without doing it. it irks me for some reason to play in real time. if i want it to be toy day in the middle of june, then toy day it shall be. need items to deliver in the mail quick? i change the day forward. miss a fishing tourney? i change the day back. need to farm gulliver items? TT back and forth. these are just normal everyday things ive always been doing. ive actually never played animal crossing without TTing, i don’t believe id even last a day. that’s just me though! im not sure why so many people are against it though, everyone should be able to play the game as they see fit, but to each their own.

The split in votes is interesting! 66% currently TTing.

I prefer not to TT, but I do it occasionally if there's something in particular I want to progress (like changing the furniture in a Villager's house).

I always have, throughout every AC game, and no one can stop me

I've had people say that i'd get bored of the game if TT'd - a lot of my friends who said exactly that no longer play the game lol. I think you just gotta leave people to do what they want with a game they dropped their own money on.

I'm just not the type to sit and play for a respectable 2-3 hours and then leave the game until the next day. No - I will sink whole days into this game if I can lol

I regularly time travel. I get impatient waiting for the next day for new items, ordering through Nooks, getting seasonal materials, house upgrades, and waiting for my flowers and / or trees to grow. I feel like everything flows better time traveling for my gaming experience and prevents me from getting bored.

yeah sometime. i work during the day, and i dont always like playing at night. if its raining for only an hour or two ill tt back so that i can continue playing in the rain :) also ill do it to grow some trees quickly or do other things i dont want to wait for.

i never really TTd in the older games and i didn't TT in NH in the beginning, just because that's the way i enjoy playing the most, but towards the end of last year i decided to TT in order to preserve my sanity while rearranging my town. that way i could move all my buildings in a few days rather than turn my town into a dump for a month while tediously moving buildings back and forth

i'm pretty much back to playing exclusively in real time now that my town's more or less finished, but i'm not against TTing to get some more art pieces every now and then considering how elusive redd can be

When I first started playing I tt’d A LOT mainly to speed up building processes for bridges/inclines, tree growth and to kick villages out. Now I typically only tt when I’ve missed a big event (like a villager’s birthday or an in-game holiday) and want to still take part.

But yeah, I think tting at the start of the game so much has maybe contributed to me getting bored of it quicker.

I've never time traveled and I don't see that ever changing. It can make it slower to get things done (especially anything involving structures) but I actually like that it forces me to be patient and take my time. Plus there's just something very relaxing to me about seeing the gradual progression of my island over time. Sure it can be frustrating when I'm not able to get a DIY or item before a season finishes but hey, it's just something else to try and get the next year.

I ALWAYS time travelled in the past games, one of my greatest memories come from wild world when i would travel all the way into the future or past with my little brother to see what would happen lol.

In acnl i did it all the time to speed up building and tearing down and getting fruit again, but after a while it burned me out. After that I promised myself i wouldn't time travel again but it never really got fun anymore...

Thats why I decided in NH i wouldn't time travel at all, so it'll hopefully wouldn't burn me out! And it worked yay! 1 year later, maybe skipped a couple of days or weeks, but I'm still playing and enjoying:)

I did do some timetravel tho, but only a few hours forward or back in the day, if i needed to shop after a long workday or when i needed photos in a different light of day. But besides that I kept my promise :)

I do really like time travelling and have no problem with other people doing it! I just know it ruins things for me personally so thats why I myself don't do it :) i don't consider it cheating or anything

I don’t. I TT’d once all the way back during Wild World and I’ll never do it again. It makes the game so much less fun for me. I find playing it in real time is so much more rewarding. I always felt as though I was cheating when I TT’d (that’s not me calling TT’ers cheaters. Play how you want. That’s just how it made me feel personally).

I do time travel mostly because I work a lot so I miss days or when I get home its late at night and I want to play in the day time not at night when shops are closed and nothing is really happening.

I don't time travel. Because there's no reason to.

If I missed an event, I can always wait for next year.

Full time job and adulting take up all my time and energy so I TT to catch up on the things I missed when I have time to play. Plus some things are nearly impossible for me to experience if I didn't TT (for example double rainbows or playing certain events during the daytime). It would be hard for me to get all the items in the game without it.

I didn’t time travel when the game first came out for the first few months. It was really really difficult because I really wanted to unlock terraforming as soon as possible!
But I also enjoyed taking it slow day by day and enjoying the game the way it was intended.
But after the first few months I started time traveling a little. I don’t regret it. It’s nice to just get things done faster like ramps/bridges/move buildings.
And I also had missed turkey day stuff because I was in retail and very busy so it was nice to go back and still be able to do it!

Yes, because the fun of the game does not come from not time travelling for me. I loose nothing by time travelling. It does not negatively alter my game experience, and in fact it positively alters it personally.

I timetravel when I want to get new villagers or I want the campsite but I’m not doing it as much anymore

Back