• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you think you're nice?

?

• Total voters
Yep. I mean, not overly so, but I don't get mad at people ever, at least not outwardly so, I hide all my emotions underneath so even if someone is pissing me off I just smile and nod and divert the situation instead escalating it. Most of my social skills are me acting so I am very "nice" even when in my head I am imagining horrible horrible things. But I would never be mean to someone intentionally. So yeah, I think I'm pretty nice.

I think I'm definitely a nice person. If I care deeply about someone I will really go the extra mile for them. If a friend tells me they're feeling upset or sad, then I'll invite them over to my flat or go to visit them (with chocolates, usually) and chill, talk it out, try to make them feel better in a way I know that works for them. I've offered to help friends do laundry before, I treat my friends to stuff all the time (usually we don't pay each other back but just instead the next time someone else will treat me to something ^^), I'll message them everyday, etc etc. My friends always used to tell me how I'm like the "wise one" amongst them because I apparently give good advice lmao. Even with random people I like to think I'm quite approachable and friendly. I think I used to be quite a shy and reserved person, and that's still not necessarily untrue now, but I think even that side of me is still quite humbling and makes people want to talk to me? I guess I just don't come across as particularly intimidating that way. I think I can have my bad moments and I definitely do have days where I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and lack any patience for people, but I'm quite an easy to read person; I wear my heart on my sleeve, so people will understand when I'm in a bad mood and I still try to avoid being a bad person when I'm like that. :')

honestly, i don't know. i'm not perfect and i don't have as much patience as i'd like to, but i try really hard to always be kind to people.

honestly, i don't know. i'm not perfect and i don't have as much patience as i'd like to, but i try really hard to always be kind to people.

You're like one of the kindest people on this site, I admire that.

I always try to be as nice as I can be to people and especially employees to make sure they have a better day. It's really hard for someone to get me angry to the point where I'd snap at them. Online I try to be as nice as I can as well, but I tend to lose patience faster and will occasionally snap back at people who send a bad message over Xbox instead of ignoring it.

I try to be nice to everyone I meet because I feel like people need someone who is nice and polite. At work, I always say please and thank you when I ask my co-workers to do something for me, and I try to incredibly nice to customers. I just wanna be a person everyone thinks is nice and super friendly. But I think I'm going towards to achieving that.

i try to be polite and respectful to anyone unless they give me a reason not to be

I'm a *****, but I'm the ***** that will bake you cookies and order you a pizza because you're sad.

Depends on the circumstance and the person. I'm generally a sarcastic ass but if I like you I'll be a little bit less of a sarcastic ass and more of a sarcastic ****, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty quiet and probably come off as distant and reserved, but when I talk to people I try to be polite and helpful. I think I'm very nice to my friends.

people tell me that my reputation is "being very nice" or something like that. I've heard it all my life, and just heard it a few weeks ago. But I'm just a coward. I know what people like to hear and I avoid conflict. I am not nice. My thoughts are just as selfish as the next guy's.

Last edited:
I'd say I'm a nice person overall but sometimes I can be a jerk too.

I think I'm usually nice to people who I'm not close to, and then the closer I get to someone I generally start to seem meaner I guess... it's not on purpose, I usually just joke around with people and sometimes go too far. So... idk?

No, and it's gotten me into a lot of trouble recently, I can't seem to ever sugar coat what I'm saying, everything that comes out of my mouth is too blunt no matter how hard I try, I need to make more of an effort to fix it

I am nice. But I don't let people run over me all the time anymore, so I don't think most people would agree. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to but since I have no clues at how to behave in society people find me rude. Sometimes. I was told to treat others like I would like to be treated myself, but finally it seems it was a bad idea. When I meet very sensitive people they think I'm very mean, rarely smiling and rude...but people who knows me well know I'm smiling with the eyes and just trying to be nice and familiar.

Once someone wanted to send me a gift, like one dollar little gift, but I told them that my place was very small and crowded and I had no more place (no kidding) I have more key holders than keys and I don't know where to put them anymore and besides I didn't get the point in paying 20$ of shipping for 1$ thing I would not know what to do with it after. So for me, it was being logical and considerate but the person really got mad at me, said I was rude and not really friendly, then she told everybody else that I rejected her....Didn't get it.

Another time, someone was venting at their boyfriend with very bad words, complaining that the BF had no money, no job, no car and because of that they couldn't do anything fun together and I had the bad idea to say (all naive I was) "Well you neither, why should he be a scumbag for that?" It was like waking up a lion sleeping in a volcano. o_O

So I'm told I'm not very nice but I think a lot of people are not very nice either...

Back