Do you still get streetpasses?

I used to take public rail transportation in a major metropolitan city and would get one or two street passes a month (circa 2016-2017). Now, my commute is bipedal in another major metropolitan area and I don't think I have gotten a single street pass.

I think my Showcase area has four total houses (one of which is my fianc?'s).

Last edited:
I get less and less streetpasses each year when I go to a convention, however I'm okay with this because my Happy Home Showcase is completely full :)

I get one occasionally, usually when I go on a trip, however, I've never gotten one that plays animal crossing.

I do occasionally, but often not with somebody who's played AC if at all. Pretty annoying that I'll never be able to get that gold streetpass badge, but then again I can't motivate myself to get all golds in the other categories so it may be a blessing in disguise.

I don't believe that I have gotten one yet. I don't think that someone would casually bring their 3ds out when going to get lunch/shopping, and mine is usually left at home unless going on a long car-ride or am going to be waiting for a while. I think that nintendo expected that this handheld device would be brought outside of the house more, but clearly, that didn't work out. I still think streetpass is a great feature, and I really hope that at one point i'll get one :)

I'll still have my 3DS on streetpass mode while I'm out and about quite often, and although once in a blue moon I'll get a few streetpasses it's been at least a year since I've found someone playing ACNL. Is this everyone else's experience as well? It makes me sad that I missed the period where the game was most popular and most people who used to play don't anymore, especially with the switch game coming out.

Yo me, that is when I'm not house plotting her town. Again :*)

Other than that, I never came close to filling the showcase. The most I ever had was on my demolished town, and I don't think I had enough to even fill one showcase. Almost, but not quite. Now when I do Streetpass, it's from my other system. And I normally don't have them on at the same time. There was actually a tune where I turned OFF streetpass because I didn't want to transfer unwanted moved out villagers. Ever since the Phoebe incident I have since then turned stretapss back on for both systems, but I still don't have 2 of them playing at the same time.

Wow i miss getting so many street passes like this. I got them all the time in New York when it first came out, but I barely get 1 a month now.

I don't believe that I have gotten one yet. I don't think that someone would casually bring their 3ds out when going to get lunch/shopping

I do :') I try to get streetpasses whenever I can because I love the feature but I never do anymore

Over the summer I got one while on the road travelling. Usually don't bring me ds with me though, so of course its expected that I don't get many

I never get streetpass anymore. I wish I could see peoples houses more. I hope they add a streetpass feature for the AC on switch :D

I have never got a single streetpass ever since I started playing New Leaf in 2o17. ;v;
In 2013 I got a lot though, it's a shame really...

Nope and I never have :c (for ACNL)
I get a couple of normal ones now and then, but rarely~

Last edited:
No, hardly ever with the exception of my brothers town. I usually get one or two when I go to my town's comic con though lol which is to be expected I guess

I don't think I've gotten a streetpass since I started the game last year tbh

Going to a convention I can still get a few, but never out in the wild anymore. Most people don't play or bring their 3DSes around anymore, especially with the Switch out.

I think I've gotten maybe three or four streetpasses in the past few years. The most I've ever gotten was when I went to Disney World a few years ago, I'd be getting dozens a day. Now it seems that far fewer people carry their 3DS's around with them in public.

I don't take my ds with me anywhere anymore, so no. The past few years I've got a fair few but now taking it with me now I'd be lucky to get even one.

I've never gotten a streetpass which sucks because I live in a touristy town, so I thought I definitely would! But not even when I go to busy places with my 3ds in streetpass mode do I get em :c

It would be very rare for me to get streetpasses, since i lived in a private neighborhood, and i was the only one who had the game. :/

Back