• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you sell your games?

Do you like to trade/sell games when you're finished playing them?

• Yep! I like to get my money back/trade for new games.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Nope! I like to collect them/plan re-play them eventually.

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Sometimes, but not always.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Other choice, explain below...

Votes: 8 14.5%

• Total voters

Kitsuragi

some kind of superstar
Bells
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pink Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Orange Crescent Moon
Green Crescent Moon
for me, it depends. i play on PC mostly and you can't sell those, but i like to trade in my switch games if i'm not playing them much. i actually traded in animal crossing yesterday for a pro controller, since my bf has a copy and i can play his if i really want to. but i also like to save the games i really enjoy, or save the games i know i'll play again soon. so i'm a mixed bag!

do you trade in your games or sell them when you're done with them? or do you like to collect them no matter what?

Yes, but it does depend on the game. I end up selling them to a store or online, although I’ll profit more from online.

I don't really. I like to keep and replay them. I always throw out my game cases because of this. However, the only games I did sell were a handful of 3DS games I didn't like or knew I wasn't going to replay.

Generally no if I really liked it. I am one of those who play the same games for a million years before leaving them. Actually, I didn't really sell games until the switch came about. I'd sell the games I knew I was done with. But I eventually sold them all since I decided to move away from Nintendo towards Steam because it made since to me personally for my tastes. I am rebuying a couple of indie games however, because I liked them so much, I wanna go back to them.

Generally, no. I usually like the games and keep them. I did get rid of one 3DS game I didn't like, though.

Not usually, but if it's something I didn't really like all that much or don't ever see myself replaying, then I'll sell it. I do like to keep most of my games though, so I can replay them if I ever want to. I'd hate to sell a game and then regret it later, especially where hard-to-find games are concerned. ;; Even if I don't ever really replay them, I still enjoy seeing them on my gaming shelf, so they're worth keeping to me just for that reason. But if it doesn't spark joy, it's out ahaha

only if i no longer play them and need the cash. i sold most of my DS and 3DS games years ago since i didn’t play them anymore and all they were doing was taking up space and collecting dust. i also had plans to sell my 3DS, but there was damage that i wasn’t aware of, so i still have it. i kind of regret selling since those games were nostalgic for me, but i know i wouldn’t have ever played them again, so i made the right decision i think.

i only have a few games now, none of which i have any intention to sell. not any time soon, at least.

When I was a kid and teen I sold literally every game that didn’t hold my attention or I was finished with because I desperately wanted money for new titles. This led to many instances where I regretted it later. The worst cases are easily Bravely Default and Pokémon White 2. I enjoyed both games quite a bit, but I was desperate for a new release, so I sold both of them. Bravely Default is still sold for reasonable prices, but Pokemon White 2 has exploded in value. Eventually I’ll have to fork over $100 just to reclaim my favorite childhood game. To avoid another situation like this I only sell games I really don’t like. Selling games like Skyrim or 12Switch don’t exactly keep me up at night.

I’ve sold some that I ended up not liking, but otherwise, I haven’t in a long time.

I sell the ones that I didn’t like very much first then the ones that I don’t play often whenever I see a new game that I want is coming out and I need money to start a preorder. I paid off the Pokémon Sword and Shield and Brillant Diamond and Shining Pearl dual packs this way and still had some left over to buy something else.

I have only ever wanted to sell two games out of the MANY I have owned on different game systems, Sonic Colors (Wii) and Mario Party 6 (Gamecube) those were the few games I did not enjoy AT ALL for reasons. Sonic Colors is way to fast and Mario Party 6 is my least favorite Mario Party in my opinion! The day/night thingie was cool in MP6 though! I still havent sold them but I plan to sell the Mario Party to my fathers friend who owns a vintage store, but I might keep the Sonic at this point since I have had it since I was like 7 and my big brother plays it!

I never sell my old games. All of the ones that my family owned when I was a child are gone because either my dad or my brother got rid of them and I really miss some of them, but I have kept every game that I've payed for myself. I don't buy games very often, maybe once every couple of years, because I get so much longevity out of the games I do play. I can play them for years and never get bored. I don't know if I'll ever replay them after I put them away, but they don't take up much space. They all fit in one of my desk drawers. I'd rather have them and not need them than sell them and regret it.

I don't usually sell my games, but I sold my Wii and all the games with it, and I also sold all of my original XBOX games after my XBOX died. I kind of missed them afterwards, but I know I wouldn't use them again, so it's not so bad. 💖

I don't tend to replay games. I don't think I'd like to sell any more games though, but I definitely wouldn't sell them for a system I'm still using. 😊

Sadly I have to, at least the big AAA titles. My family struggles with money and while I buy my games with my own income, I usually sell them to help my family out. I never got to keep my games as a kid either, so I'm used to it. But I just don't see a sense of having an item I have no use for when it can help my family with medical bills and food. Every penny counts.

But I also own indie titles that are moreso collectibles to me due to them being physical copies. They didn't cost as much, don't have a great resale value and also you'd be hard to find interest in your area (and we don't like to send out items vs selling them face to face). Also my parents do feel bad and are happy with me keeping a part of my collection. They don't understand AAA vs indie gaming though.

I also have a bunch of PC games that I bought for a dollar each, nobody would buy them but why not have Sims and Mafia on PC yknow.

The only thing I miss are my GBA games though. Hard to find them these days, at least face to face. I'd love a copy of a Pokémon game.

i used to trade in wii/wii u games when i was younger to get other games since i didn't have my own money at the time, now i get an allowance so i can save up for a new game if i really wanted one. i've never traded in a switch game tho, im not into the switch like i was with previous consoles so i dont have much games for it and tbh im not really into gaming in general anymore aside from animal crossing.

I used to when the market was a bit more active for it, or at least trade in for other stuff. But these days you get like nothing or stores that accepted trade-ins have closed down so these days I'm rather careful with what I buy and play (for Switch that is).

I typically don't...but I also have been considering getting rid of my Xbox games, just because I decided a while back to only collect physical for Switch. I just don't have the space for the Xbox games. Obviously, I would keep the ones that I still intend to play...but it's hard to store them with such little space. I have like 115 physical Switch games (would have more, but I quit my job...lol). Anyway, the Switch collection takes up as much space as I have to offer...so the Xbox games get stuffed in my closet and other weird places. Been thinking about letting them go for this reason.

So far, no, I haven't sold my old games. But they take up so much space, and most of them can be emulated nowadays, so I think I'm considering it. Keep my faves, but sell the others that I know I'll never play again, which is about 75% of them.

About 10 years ago I would give them to GameStop to save a few bucks on new purchases. 99.99% of all my game purchases I make nowadays are now digital, but I wouldn't sell them if I could. I like having a large library, even if I end up never replaying some.

I've never sold one of my games before and I don't really plan to save for a few old ds games I'll probably sell eventually. I like to collect and I know from experience that buying older games is a challenge if I ever decide I want to play them again. The only reason I'm thinking about selling the ds games is because I know for a fact I'll never replay those ones (They're not super great) and I'd rather not throw them out as I think that's a waste.

Back