• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer to have one of each personality type on your island?

I base all of my villager choices around their overall design. If there is a design that I like, I will invite that villager over to my island. I had around 6 lazies at one point because of that reason. I think only having 1 of every personality on the island is pretty restrictive. There are only a couple of sisterlies that I like so I'd end up with only 3 that I would cycle out each time. Basing my choices around design instead of personality allows me to freely invite whoever I feel would be a good fit for my island.

Interesting to see the split between choosing based off of design or personality. For me I actually feel less restricted choosing a variety of personalities, though, as it feels more like a diverse community? Plus it's fun to try different villagers that I normally wouldn't because of them having a certain personality.
Post automatically merged:

I still do! I’m willing to go without a personality type for a bit, but only if I’m okay with another villager moving out so I can eventually restore balance. I get burned out when half my town says the same thing all the time.

The personality variety is important to me, and it’s not hard for me to achieve because I do like most designs, not just the popular or traditionally cute ones (though I agree that the Uchi and Smug designs aren’t as strong in general). I prefer to have a 5/5 gender split as well. I’ve had my current lineup for a while and I’m pretty happy with it!

Haha, I feel so seen right now!

I try to have at least one of each. But my island hasn't had a sisterly villager in a long time since I can't really find a good one. I also try to avoid having three of one personality, unless I love all of them. So I had 3 lazy villagers for a while since it's my favorite personality.

I always prefer to have at least one villager of every personality type. However, I don't let that stop me from taking villagers I really want, or letting a villager leave that I really want to go. This just happened to me, too. I've had Merry on my island since shortly after the game came out - she was my first Peppy. I just recently had Tipper as a campsite visitor, and I thought she would be cute to have for a little bit. The villager she suggested to replace was Merry... well since she's been around forever, and I really like having new villagers, I said yes to that. Now I don't have a Peppy right now, but that's not so terrible, as I know there are a lot of Peppy villagers I like the design of. So I'm sure I'll be getting another one soon anyhow. But yes, having every personality is far preferable for me.

I do since I'm missing some reactions still^^;
I'm missing a Cranky :/ and I have 3 Peppys (Peppy squad- Audie, Ruby, Dotty). . . I love Peppys so much, but the dialogue is somewhat repetitive. I really want Chief or Fang as my Cranky haha

I do! That way I can try to get all reactions, DIY's, dialogue, etc. I just need to invite Marshal and Moe to my island then I'll have all my desired villagers. ^^

I try to keep one of each, but sometimes villagers suprrise move in before i can decide who I want. If i double up it's usually on Uchi villagers, as they are my favorite and I like their designs. Right now i have double Uchi and double Lazy with no snooty.

I religiously do this in every town I have, then of course, choose between at least one extra personality of each gender.

If I were to break this pattern my insanity with it would go nuts. I have to have 1 of each personality, every time I have a save.

I accept whoever I get, and work to get rid of them if I don’t like them.

in new leaf i had a lot of snooties living in my town. unfortunately with new horizons being a bit lacking in the personality department, i prefer to have as few duplicates as possible. haven't played much since the new updated but prior to that the repeating dialogue got really tiresome.

I try to have one of each personality type, but with 8 personalities and 10 possible villagers, I have two duplicates. I don't really care what the duplicates are, but they're pretty cute villagers to me.

Me personally, I prefer to have whichever villagers I like regardless of personality due to the fact that I can trade for the DIYs that each personality gives.

I could and have had an island with all lazy and snooty villagers before and it was awesome cause I really love the villagers.

I always want a mix of personalities because it provides some variation in dialogue and I think I'd get very bored if I had 4-5 normal villagers for example, just because the conversations can be somewhat bland. I have favourite villagers that fill up a certain slot and when I'm looking for other villagers I'll factor in the fact that I already have one place taken up by a fav that is x personality.

A lot of my fav villagers are normals, but like I said an island with predominantly normal villagers would be quite boring to me haha.

i try to but i'm so biased towards the normal villagers that i have to resist the urge to have a lot of them, so many cute designs... wish they'd move some to the other female personalities :(

I definitely do, because especially in New Horizons the villager dialogue is just so… bland. Like, my normal villagers say the same exact thing to me every other day. So having different personality types is an absolute must in my island.

Lol Honestly sometimes I miss the sass from other Animal Crossing games.

Back