• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer to have one of each personality type on your island?

absolutely! i need to have one of each type to maximize the personality variety. having too many duplicates of personalities (2 of the same type is my limit) makes it hard to see the villagers as individuals in my opinion. idk i just like variety i guess! keeps things more fresh when you chat with everyone. if i chose villagers regardless of personality type id probably have a bunch of normals though haha

Yes, definitely. I once accidentally had four normals on my island and it drove me crazy. Constantly reading the same dialogue is just so... boring. So I like to have as much variety on my island as possible, and if I'm missing a personality I'll actively go out and search for one that does have that personality.

I like to have at least one of each personality for the dialogue variety when determining my dream villager lineups. There's some personalities that have more designs that I like, but there's still designs I like within each personality. I've got a few too many personality doubles in my current NH lineup, but I'm hoping to start fixing that next time a temporary villager is ready to move away. It feels like a bit of a shame to me to miss out on each personality's event dialogue, especially.
I would rather avoid having three of the same personality, but I made an exception in New Leaf, where I have three Crankies. I really wanted to have Sterling + Knox and Colton + Roscoe, and I couldn't bear to let Tom, one of my starting five, move away. ;v; It does get a little repetitive, but I'm too attached to all of them to switch it up.
(Ideally, I'd love to have 16 villagers, so I could have two of each personality. I like the conversations that two villagers of the same personality type will have with each other, and I've always felt like it was a bit of a shame that I can't see all of those without rotating villagers around.)

I try to have at least one of each personality type because otherwise I will feel like I'm missing out on something. I'd like to see all the different dialogue plus there are actually some reactions locked behind villager personalities. Similarly, New Leaf had some of the public works projects locked behind villager personalities.

While i like variety, I tend to have more of my favorites- peppy, cranky, and lazy. I really love the peppy villagers. But the interactions between those three types I find hilarious, especially the cranky/lazy interactions.

I try to have 1 of each personality type to have as much dialogue variety as possible.

My least favorite groups of villagers are sisterly and cranky. Not that I don't like them but they're just my least favorite of the bunch. Still I try to have 1 of each.

I have all 8 personalities on my island. 2 normals and 2 cranky. But Gonzo will be replaced by Kiki or Lolly if they appear in my campsite.

So I'll end up with all personalities and 3 normals.

I invite whoever feels right for my island, regardless of personality type. 😊 This means I've ended up with more normal (x5) and peppy (x3) personalities. I'm currently planning to replace a normal with a cranky (but it's not because they're normal). I also have a sisterly and jock (who were my starters).

Even though I have so many normal and peppy, I don't find the dialogue too repetitive. I haven't had a cranky on my island the entire time I've played though, so I'll be interested to hear some of the cranky dialogue. 😊

I try and go for a mix as much as I can, but I've noticed a lot of the villagers I like tend to be Normal ones, which if I had a island full of them, it'd be super friendly, but also a bit boring. I feel like though since they're all the 'same' as in, one Jock will have the same dialogue as another Jock, having one of each is a good way to go, saying that I've got multiples of the same on my island so :'D

That's what my goal is for my islanders. I have the four octopus and plan to complete the rest of the personality types by inviting frogs. The remaining two I have in mind will be Lily (another normal) and Jeremiah (another lazy). As a bit of trivia, they were also in my town in Population Growing. I don't remember most of my villagers from those times, except Tangy, but I remember them.

Yes, I'm trying to keep at least one of each. So far it's naturally fallen that way. I mostly let random villagers and campsite visitors move onto my island and it still works out.

I prefer to have one of each personality to get all the dialogues possible. According to some, diy recipes we can receive are based on personalities, so to increase my chances to get everything, I keep one of each.

I always go for variety, though there are like 2-3 kinds I don't really vibe with all that much.

I still do! I’m willing to go without a personality type for a bit, but only if I’m okay with another villager moving out so I can eventually restore balance. I get burned out when half my town says the same thing all the time.

The personality variety is important to me, and it’s not hard for me to achieve because I do like most designs, not just the popular or traditionally cute ones (though I agree that the Uchi and Smug designs aren’t as strong in general). I prefer to have a 5/5 gender split as well. I’ve had my current lineup for a while and I’m pretty happy with it!

I just restarted and I plan to have one of every personality on my island eventually except for Jock. I absolutely hate the jock villagers, I'm keeping my starter jock until I get all the reactions and then replacing with another one. I have the amiibos for the villagers I want and I think I'll end up with 1 each of Lazy, Sisterly, Cranky, and Normal and 2 of Smug, Peppy, and Snooty.

I try to have one of each, plus a few extra I just like for my extra two slots. I wish we had more slots because I end up having to prioritize.

Back