• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you prefer breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast?

Do you prefer breakfast for dinner, or dinner for breakfast?

• Breakfast for dinner!

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Dinner for breakfast!

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
This is an important question that needed a thread. I find myself craving things like hash browns during the evening, or even chicken wings quite early in the day. I try not to consider the time and just eat what I'm hungry for. It's not quite evening yet, but I'm currently eating a stuffed hash brown as I type.

I honestly prefer to eat foods considered dinner in the morning. I'm expecting that to be the unpopular opinion, but we'll see if I'm wrong! Which side are you on?

Breakfast during dinner. Me having dinner for breakfast is practically asking for a bad time. The closest I'd have for breakfast is a bowl of salad. My mom decided to cook breakfast for dinner for us once and it was quite nice. Sausages and bacon can be eaten for dinner or breakfast, anyway. As long as there's pancakes! 🥞

I could not eat dinner in the morning. I can’t even eat it for lunch some of the time. Breakfast for dinner is fun though!

Breakfast for dinner definitely. I can’t imagine eating dinner for breakfast. But breakfast can really work for all meals if you wanted.

Breakfast for dinner!

Nothing is better than having eggs, pancakes, sausages/bacon, hash browns, and toast for a nice easy dinner!

Ooh, good question. Sometimes my parents decide that I'm going to have lunch/dinner leftovers for breakfast and I think that's a little weird because if breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then why is that? So your body is ready for the day or so food won't be wasted? I'm more of a breakfast-for-dinner person; at least I can have breakfast for dinner when I'm in a pinch. Speaking of which, I remember going to Pinterest to look for crochet patterns and I found a Kellogg's ad endorsing cereal for dinner.

Breakfast for dinner is 🔛🔝 always !! I’ll happily eat breakfast foods like eggs, toast, pancakes/waffles, sausage/bacon, hash browns etc any time of the day, but there’s just something so comforting and fun about having them for dinner!! If I eat out somewhere for lunch/dinner and they’re still offering their breakfast menu, I almost always order something off it! Breakfast foods are filling for me in a “I can finish my meal and feel contently full” way rather than a “I’m stuffed after 5 bites” way, which I like!

Dinner for breakfast is nice, but dinner meals are typically too much and heavy for me to enjoy in the morning. I prefer lighter but still filling meals… like breakfast haha. Though, I do have dinner leftovers as my first meal of the day sometimes.

Dinner for breakfast is when I'm too lazy to make something, so I eat leftovers for breakfast.

Breakfast for dinner, on the other hand, is what we have for dinner on Fridays. My husband gets off work late so I don't feel like cooking anything complicated that late. Instead, we do breakfast foods because they're pretty easy and quick. I also LOVE breakfast foods and could happily eat them for dinner everyday honestly. My favorite one to fix is tater tot or hashbrown bowls with over easy eggs, cheese, bacon, and a little bit of hot sauce. That's probably my favorite dinner each week.

This one's easy for me because I don't eat breakfast, so breakfast for dinner it is. I love breakfast foods like french toast, waffles, and pancakes, but my stomach can't handle anything before 11am. So having breakfast for dinner is a great way to still indulge in some of my favorite foods.

I agree with most that breakfast foods for dinner is wonderful. But dinner for breakfast? There have been times where I am out of eggs, so I warm up some leftover mac n cheese, or pizza for breakfast. But it isn't my preference

Breakfast for dinner of course! There are so many great breakfast foods that you can't limit yourself to only have them at breakfast. It also works well if you want something light and quick. Dinner for breakfast is okay, but I'd rather just have a usual breakfast with breakfast foods because I generally like them better.

Breakfast for dinner for sure. There's nothing quite like some savory pancakes with syrup when you have nothing else to eat for dinner... 🙃

i definitely enjoy breakfast for dinner more. i can eat breakfast anytime of the day though, i love it. but sometimes when i have leftovers from dinner the night before and i am too lazy to cook breakfast i will eat dinner for breakfast.

A little of both, actually. I tend to wake up late on most days, usually around 11am - 12pm and it's at that critical time that I'm more in the mood for something hearty and saucy, something along the lines of Wingstop boneless chicken wings or leftover beef stew. I don't typically eat traditional breakfast early in the mornings. Only on very rare occasions, or when I just can't go back to sleep.

Sometimes at evening or night I suddenly want cereal or some pound cake with a nice cold glass of milk. Or even a bagel with cream cheese with bacon.

Truthfully, I enjoy drinks a little more than I enjoy food. For example, a glass of iced tea or even just a cherry slushie sometimes is enough to tie me over almost all day. It's the sugar that keeps me going lol

Breakfast for dinner, for sure!
But also.. if I'm not eating a breakfast food first thing in the morning, I'll probably wait to eat until like.. 11. Only certain light foods appeal to me early in the day.

Equal, I suppose.

I'll eat leftovers from dinner for breakfast/brunch no problem.

Tonight I had hash browns, potato scones, and vegetarian sausages for dinner. I suppose most would read that as breakfast foods but for me it was more 'what do I have in the fridge/freezer that I can toss in the airfryer for a minimal effort meal'. 😂

my vote is we shouldn't limit food to only a certain time of the day!!! who even decided that u can eat pancakes only for breakfast. and the funny thing is at restaurants, if u add an egg to a sandwich/burger suddenly it's a breakfast item and not lunch or dinner?? LOL.

anyways i'm okay with either option haha. i'll eat leftover for breakfast often or typical breakfast food for dinner as well.

For most people just waking up yeah a full course dinner meal would be too heavy. There's a reason it's called breakfast. It's a break from the fast. That's the idea. You eat lightly and eat heavier for the other meals.

I'll also say both! I don't mind eating dinner foods (leftovers) for breakfast I just usually have a very small portion. One of my ultimate favourite breakfasts is leftover pizza with a big cup of coffee 😋

Back