• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Do you like to argue / debate?

Do you like to argue / debate?

• Most of the time

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Not at all

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters
nope nope and nope

I can never think of a rebuttal to say back it takes me like 10 minutes to perfect what i wanna say

I like to debate issues. Too bad anything that requires thought on this forum gets turned into a "you're racist", "you're transphobic", "you're white, shut up" childish argument. No, I don't always think I'm right. If someone proves me wrong, I'll admit I'm wrong and accept it, or if they make a good point, I'll can at least acknowledge that. I don't really care about getting the last word in, either. Sometimes it's better to let a ****ty, pointless conversation die.

I've literally never seen you admit you're wrong once even when the entirety of the site thinks you are.

You always just stop posting and try to make a different thread to seemingly start on a fresh slate.

Last edited:
I've literally never seen you admit you're wrong once even when the entirety of the site thinks you are.

You always just stop posting and try to make a different thread to seemingly start on a fresh slate.

But even though the whole site thinks shes wrong, does that prove she is actually wrong?

I mean, being right or wrong always depends in your opinion (at least in the things that have been debated in tbt like abort or so)

But even though the whole site thinks shes wrong, does that prove she is actually wrong?

I mean, being right or wrong always depends in your opinion (at least in the things that have been debated in tbt like abort or so)

When you get linked to multiple sites explaining something, refute it all saying it's unreliable, and then claim your own source is Infowars, then you're wrong.

Not at all. I don't really care enough about anything to waste energy arguing about it. I'm too calm/chill for it.

I usually like to do formal debates on today's topics, but only with those who understand or have a good rebuttal.

Depends on the debate, and if you're actually someone who I can have a sensible discussion with.

It depends on the topic. I don't tend to enjoy debating certain things, I certainly would avoid particular subjects with friends and I find you can sometimes learn things about people during these discussions that you don't like. Don't like arguing or a debat decending into an argument or insults.

i'll only debate with people if it's something i'm really passionate about or, occasionally, if it strikes a nerve. but i'll usually just say what i need to say and then be done with it, especially if it's on the internet, because it usually just turns into some big fight with everyone insulting each other and i don't want any part of that.​

i always stay out of arguments and debates unless it concerns me. but occasionally i do say a few words if theres an argument here in tbt.

Last edited:
No, I don't like debating. I will disagree with people in my head but I usually avoid conflicts at all costs. Especially irl, I can't stand people getting heated and angry at me.

i have really bad anxiety and yada yada and it makes me absolutely hate cofrontation. it makes me freeze and unable to know what to say lmao.

No, because there is no point. People usually just want to butt heads or impose their point of view. I accept different perspectives and don't feel the need to defend mine.

I like when people offer their point of view without making it some kind of battle, so I like civil arguments.

If they're not insecure about their own beliefs, maybe they wouldn't feel as strongly about debating, but maybe I'm just reading "debate" as "fight". Just sharing/debate can be fun.

People rarely rarely change their minds through conversation.

Last edited:
I don't really like to, but if it's something I believe strongly in and the discussion can remain civil then I'm up for it. I'm not interested in arguing, though, so as soon as a debate begins to turn into an argument with people yelling or talking over each other or throwing out insults, I surrender.

Back