• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you like to argue / debate?

Do you like to argue / debate?

• Most of the time

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Not at all

Votes: 22 28.6%

• Total voters
I don't bother debating online cause I render it pointless but irl I will but only if it is something I believe in. I do like to call out people irl when they can't come up with anything other than childish namecalling. I will always call them out on it when I hear it to let them know they are admitting defeat. I don't think I am always right and I will admit when I am wrong. It annoys me when people won't do the same though.

If I don't like the person I like to argue, because I like to make them mad. Other that that, there is a chance I don't care enough about the topic to argue about it. If I care about the topic and if the person just doesn't get it, I stop wasting my breath.

I love debating. However, when someone is extremely defensive over their topic, or is angered easily when disagreed with, it spoils the fun. I love being able to debate since I'm super opinionated but when the opposition isn't able to put up a good fight, it feels more like a school lesson.

I hate arguing. It makes me feel all anxious and jittery and shaky, and I just don't like it.
And I don't bother trying to debate.

i live for it tbh.. i love debating with people but i'm the kind of person that will debate for a really long time and get annoyed when the other person doesn't quit trying to rebuke me.

as for arguing i don't like it especially with friends. but tricks always be tryin me so i end up arguing with them!

Last edited:
Sometimes, I enjoy debating with other people. Provided it's not a politics debate with my family. My dad and brother can be pretty opinionated, my dad especially so. The way he comes across sometimes, it feels like that what he believes is the ONLY RIGHT WAY TO THINK. And it can be a bit intimidating when I put across my more "liberal" views to my more conservative family. But I think that's because I'm definitely a more open-minded person and I've grown up around lots of different kinds of people so I'm more accepting of other people.

Anyway yeah I enjoy debating with friends and stuff 'cause then sometimes we slag people off and it can be pretty funny and in all good jest. I just don't like debating with people who are racist/homophobic/sexist/etc etc, 'cause then I don't see why I should respect their opinion when they disrespect other people.

I think it's interesting to see other people's opinions even if they're in my opinion entirely wrong and even if the person is a brick wall, so I spose I do like to argue/debate. It's also a good time waster. I only debate online though, since irl I'm not really invested in that many people and I like to keep to myself.

Back