• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you have or want to have kids?

Do you have or want to have kids?

• I have kids

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I'd like to have kids at some point

Votes: 73 44.8%
  • I'm not interested in having kids

Votes: 79 48.5%

• Total voters
I am never having kids. I know some people say that those who are against children may change their minds when they have their own, but I am honestly too unstable to care for someone other than myself & babies/toddlers make me extremely uncomfortable. I?m an only child, so my parents are pressuring me to have them but I refuse to adopt kids. It?s just not something I?m interested in.

Nope, not really interested in having kids right now. I still have some growing to do myself, so I?m the furthest away possible from being able to raise a kid. That may change in the future though! :)

I don't want kids, in fact, I don't even want to be in a relationship! I'm staying a single pringle for the rest of my life and that's that!

I'm kinda somewhere in between these two comments to be honest. I definitely have no interest in having kids in the near future as I've got a lot of growing to do myself, form a proper career and become financially stable. Not to mention find a partner which ain't happening anytime soon xD Part of me is like it may change in the future, but then the other part of me is like I want to be single and live my best life by myself lol. My assistant manager (who is older than me) lives by herself without a partner or kids and just enjoys the hell out of herself by herself, and somehow I envision that to be me in the future too.

My little sister definitely pursuaded me into not having children of my own, it was already pretty decided I didn't want any in the future but dear God did she cement the idea I don't want any.

I'll have to say no to both. I don't have kids and I'm not planning to have any either. There are tons of other things that I'd rather spend my time and energy on.

One. I wanted to adopt a kid around 6 years old instead, as I was not fond of babies and toddlers. It turns out they're actually really loveable and I have to fight the urge to want another for the rest of my life. Not trying to add to the earth's over-population.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I might adopt but I really don't want to have my own at this point. The thought of being pregnant scares me, some people are nauseous a lot and stuff and I have emetophobia so idk how I would handle that (that probably sounds silly in comparison to the reward of having a baby but this is what I worry about in the middle of the night lol). Not to mention I feel like I couldn't handle the pain of labour. Also not to mention that I'm uh, certainly not interested in conceiving :p

Labor is absolutely nothing compared to the 9 months of sickness and pain I faced. A lot of people feel really good when they're pregnant, though. I had undiagnosed EDS so my hormones were practically causing me to fall apart.

My boyfriend wants to have kids someday but I’m really unsure. I feel like I’m aware enough of my own selfishness to know I’d make a terrible father. I’d only want to have kids if I knew I was gonna be able to be a good parent, and I just don’t think I ever could be.

At the moment, I don't plan on having kids. In the future, though, I may consider adopting or fostering (older) kids if I feel in the correct place in my life to do so. I intend to travel alot so I don't want / need the burden of a young child - I can barely keep myself organised some of the time!

I definitely do want to have kids. But it's gonna be a problem forming a relationship with someone to be able to do it and also being able to juggle between caretaking and my future career. :/

I'm in between "interested" and "not sure". While I love the idea, I'm not sure how much I could handle. I've worked with kids for years, and while I love kids I'm not sure of one of my own. Mostly because of my anxiety issues. There's so much I need to work on myself before I can even consider if I do. I want as much security as possible, as well- mostly financially. My mum was single with 2 kids, living on a prayer to keep the lights on. I don't want my children going through what we did. I dunno, maybe I'm overthinking it.

But who knows, I'm always open to it if/when things get better!

Last edited:
It's kind of a predicament because I'm open to the idea of having kids and would probably like to have one someday, but I have no desire to be in a romantic relationship. That seems like way too much of a hassle for me.

It's gonna be a long while before I end up having my own children. Until then, I need to build up my patience and parenting skills. It's better than just being alone.

No I don't want kids of my own and I never have (people have always loved telling me how I "can't know that yet" b/c I'm too young or whatever but now that I'm getting old as hell theyre losing legs to stand on >:} )

Since a relatively young age, I have always desired to be a loving husband to my future wife (who I truly believe is my girlfriend of 3 years who is the love of my life) and to be a loving father (& I recently have become a "uncle" of my girlfriend's nephew and it has been quite enlightening on how I truly am around children)! :D My girlfriend and I have been talking about our future for a long while now and we hope to have 4 if God wills it, but if we are unable to have children of our own, we plan to adopt children so that way we can still be parents while also making a positive impact in the world by raising these children in a loving home! :) I truly believe children are a gift from God and I think investing in the next generation is one of the most important things someone can do (whether it is being a parent or being involved in something that invests in the next generation in a positive light) since the next generation can change the world for better or for worse (which is why good parenting is very important and such a responsibility).

i'm 13, so i can not have kids now. but eventually i'd like to have kids! though, i feel like i wouldn't be a good mom lol

Last edited:
I'm not interested in having kids, for a variety of reasons. I used to think I wanted kids when I was younger, but becoming a teacher totally changed my mind. I can't imagine working with (challenging) kids all day and then coming home to raise my own. At the end of a work day, I just want a mental break. Other things stopping me include the fact that I'm single and the fact that I'm not financially independent.

I do want kids at some point when I'm out of college. I have some medical issues that could make it hard for me to get pregnant, but there's always adoption and foster care if that's the case. :blush:

Right now no as I'm not ready yet, but I would like to have kids before 30 at least. I'd only want 2 maximum then maybe get my tubes tied.

Back