• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do you have or want to have kids?

Do you have or want to have kids?

• I have kids

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I'd like to have kids at some point

Votes: 73 44.8%
  • I'm not interested in having kids

Votes: 79 48.5%

• Total voters
With all of the stuff going on in the world, I think it would be best for me to not have any for the time being.

Reactions: Neb
nope, nope nope nope nope nope. never. ever at all. i like kids, dont get me wrong, they are hilarious and super fun. i, personally, do not have the personality needed for taking care of kids. and i value my money way, way, WAY too much. i'm very greedy and i'm insanely irresponsible so i'd be a really terrible parent.

i would though have no problems with being an aunt. together with my partner we'd be the DINKs who unleash the gift apocalypse at christmas.

Nope. I don't have any interest in parenthood, and I definitely don't want to go through pregnancy or childbirth ever. I don't dislike kids or anything, but I feel kind of awkward around them, and I'm never exactly sure how I'm supposed to deal with them. I'm also rather squeamish with a weak stomach, so I really don't think I'd do well around young children. ;; I can barely handle it when a pet leaves a "surprise" somewhere.

Reactions: Neb
Do I have kids? No. Do I want kids? Absolutely. I'm not in a relationship so it's not happening anytime soon, but I would love to have two biological kids (ideally 1 boy, 1 girl) sometime in the future.

i don’t have kids, nor do i want them. my mom’s still holding out hope that i’ll change my mind one day, but i don’t really see that happening, at least not for several years. i don’t know, i’ve had several dreams about me being pregnant and giving birth (but i always wake up right before labour ends. i never get to meet my daughter or son. and my stomach always hurts when i wake up), but that’s it. idk, i always feel this sort of... longing whenever i see mothers with their babies or still pregnant, but i can never imagine that being me. i can never see myself ever being selfless or responsible or stable enough to ever become a mother. i can’t imagine being responsible for someone in a way that a mother has to be for her kids; i can barely take care of myself.

who knows, maybe one day things’ll be different and my mother’ll be right; i’ll have met someone who i wanted to start a family with, and i’d be in a place in life where i actually think i could. present me can’t imagine that at all, but maybe future me will have better luck. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Back