• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Do You Cross-Dress?

Do You Cross-Dress?

• Total voters
I play as a girl character but I like to also dress with the "guy clothes" and moustaches and beard items! I wasn't aware that anyone would care tbh, never even crossed my mind to think anyone would care. I have a guy friend who plays a girl character and a girl friend who plays as male. The game has sooo many cute clothes for both genders that I'd be surprised if anyone just stuck to one all the time XD

I'm honestly jealous of how many good looking dress patterns there are. I rarely do, but I do. Wild designers out there.

Yeah, if I feel like it! My boyfriend just bought New Leaf so he could play with me and I was surprised (because he is very cis and straight) that he chose to make a female mayor. I think people should wear whatever the hell they want in real life, so of course I feel the same about a video game haha.

Yesterday, my friend who recently got NH (his first AC game) was showing me his shop and found a lovely dress. He said he wished he was a girl character so that he could wear it. I told him he should just buy it anyway and was disappointed when he didn't lol. What's the big deal?

I quite enjoy wearing suits in game :) I've always had a more masculine approach to how I dress in real life, so it reflects into my game! :)

No, I typically don't. I will create characters of either gender, but I dress them in clothing that is either unisex or specific to their gender.

I'm not opposed to it, though. As a female, I think women in suits or tuxes look classy, but it's not my personal style. I would never tell anyone how they should dress. If others cross-dress, I'm fine with it.

as being transgender, my first town mayor wears clothes / has a hairstyle of the opposite gender. honestly one of my least favourite things about the game is how the characters always point out wearing clothes / having a hairstyle of the opposite gender.
really makes me dysphoric sometimes, but i luckily have a second town where i created a female mayor right away so i don't have to worry about that!
i’m really glad they removed that in NH.

i have the same issue, *but* i happened to get the one (maybe there were two??) eye style that was shared between genders, so it actually looked like my avatar could’ve been male. yay.

My character is male but I confess sometimes I try on Gracie dresses in her store. I don’t buy it lol. So no.

Yeah! I love a lot of the more masculine clothes and shoes (esp the wingtip shoes 😍).

I guess so? I don't really label boys clothes or girls clothes, I just wear whatever I like from either department and vibe with it!

I'm straight, but I cross dress mainly because I just like the colours and styles of clothes girls have more and look better than casual guy stuff imo.

i grew up with 4 bros and i'm the only girl/middle child... i've been stealing boys/mens clothes(my hubby's now) for decades, don't see why i should stop in a game lol. since you can wear either sex hair/clothes etc... and they're the same model, other than your game name no one would know anyhow, so i don't think it really matters at all. as for the kilt, consider them unisex, i wore one as a highland dancer(irish name for irish mother, scottish father).

Lol wut who resurrected this thread all the sudden? Just got a like for something I posted 5 years ago wow

If it means anything, I (a straight, cis female) kinda try to play around with the cargo shorts and stuff in NH now that shorts and pants have more than two different lengths/fits as in NL because I like the look they give me. I've always been kind of a tomboy and back in high school (about the time I last posted on this thread, lol) I did wear short men's cargos for a time and they looked fine on me if not flattering my curves. Stopped wearing them because that particular pair kept ripping at the pockets, and finding ones short enough to not go down to my knees wasn't worth the effort.

In NL this kinda didn't matter because shorts were only one length so the only difference between them was color. I liked the blue with the stripes for the basketball shorts, I didn't care if Mabel said they were boyish, shorts were shorts and I was gonna wear em. In NH, the gender labels are gone but there are all these different lengths - shorter denim shorts more commonly worn by women, loose fitting knee-length cargo shorts more commonly worn by men. But I could ignore those common perceptions and just try to put a tunic or long shirt with those long shorts to complete the Peppermint Patty look I'm goin' for. I guess that's the beauty of NH.

may those NEVER be in fashion for men again....

Actually, Prada showed 2" inseam shorts on their Men's Spring Summer 2018 runway, and the guys looked great. The shorts - rendered in nylon, denim, and viscose, were then shot on the cover of several magazines, and quickly started becoming an "it" item for the male fashion "'in-crowd", with Jeff Goldblum even donning a pair of the black ones in his personal wardrobe.

That said, I do think that the fashion world and the masses don't always align, but much in the vein of the The Devil Wears Prada Cerulean Blue speech, shorter inseams for men quickly started appearing in mass market shops like Zara. Albeit, it was not the 2" inseam Prada showed, but there was move towards inseams ranging from 4"-5", which is still considerably shorter than the 7"-9" inseam that most Men's shorts have.

Last edited:
Actually, Prada showed 2" inseam shorts on their Men's Spring Summer 2018 runway, and the guys looked great. The shorts - rendered in nylon, denim, and viscose, were then shot on the cover of several magazines, and quickly started becoming an "it" item for the male fashion "'in-crowd", with Jeff Goldblum even donning a pair of the black ones in his personal wardrobe.

That said, I do think that the fashion world and the masses don't always align, but much in the vein of the The Devil Wears Prada Cerulean Blue speech, shorter inseams for men quickly started appearing in mass market shops like Zara. Albeit, it was not the 2" inseam Prada showed, but there was move towards inseams ranging from 4"-5", which is still considerably shorter than the 7"-9" inseam that most Men's shorts have.
*shudders*....

Back