• no

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • not really sure tbh

Votes: 42 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
I quoted it because I've already read it before and it well explains my stance. Obviously I don't browse r/feminazis or anti feminism; I already consume enough salt from league lel. It doesn't explain the definition of egalitarianism? Just a stance? I understand egalitarianism is equality FOR ALL, but so is feminism, which is literally what those users said. True feminism is about equal rights for everyone...? I understand and am with you when people neglect the other genders and only focus on females, or even try to comply with double standards. However like those users said, I believe feminists are overall trying to take more action than egalitarians. Some egalitarians are doing God's work and progressing with real acts, but you often hear their beliefs and not their actions. Before going fruitful on me this is just expository, and I will explicitly repeat there are always two sides. Similarly, there are plenty of feminists who do not take action either.
Look, my aim wasn't to insult egalitarianism because it literally wants equal rights which is what I want. My issue was for specifically for that SOME people do prefer it because they don't want to be labelled a feminist because of it's radical undertones. I don't think you can disagree with that? I know there are a lot of people like you who can be honest with truly wanting equality through being an egalitarian, but there are literally users who posted in this thread who won't call themselves feminists because it's too extreme and would rather call themselves egalitarians. So the whole preference thing.. the half-hearted egalitarians out there.. is what I'm accusing. Do you just not believe people can sway to egalitarianism in preference to feminism? If that piece can stay on wikipedia then there's enough people who believe they can do that...

I have the same views as a feminist, and I owe the movement a lot as a female myself, but I never wanted to associate myself with the modern background of the movement. Brushing aside the extremists is not owning up to them.

At the same time, anti-feminists are usually really obnoxious and overdone lmao. Also: people who ask "WHY IS IT CALLED FEMINISM IF IT'S ABOUT EQUALITY" are just a tad lacking in the brain department

Last edited:
I am a feminist. I support gender equality and support policies that fix gender issues. I however do not like how people try to bring feminism into everything. Gender issues, while they exist in a lot of issues, are not in everything. For example, this dude proposed to this girl in public and she said yes, and then some weirdos said "She is anti-feminist because she let her boyfriend propose to her. OMG she should propose to him because that's feminism" or something like that. Don't try to bring feminism into non gender issue related subject areas. I think that women can propose to men but just because a guy proposes to a girl and she says yes, doesn't mean that they are anti-feminist. Let people do what they want to do and if a guy wants to propose to a girl, thats great and vice versa. Also, I don't like the super radical man-hater feminists. They are the reason that feminism has a bad reputation. Feminism isn't about how women are superior than men. Feminism is about equality and I hate the man hating radical feminists that are blind to equality. Feminists support equality and not gender superiority. The radical man hating feminist trolls ruin feminism for all of the people who support feminism and they make feminism look bad. Wow... this was a really long rant post...

Lol
Look, my aim wasn't to insult egalitarianism because it literally wants equal rights which is what I want. My issue was for specifically for that SOME people do prefer it because they don't want to be labelled a feminist because of it's radical undertones. I don't think you can disagree with that? I know there are a lot of people like you who can be honest with truly wanting equality through being an egalitarian, but there are literally users who posted in this thread who won't call themselves feminists because it's too extreme and would rather call themselves egalitarians. So the whole preference thing.. the half-hearted egalitarians out there.. is what I'm accusing. Do you just not believe people can sway to egalitarianism in preference to feminism? If that piece can stay on wikipedia then there's enough people who believe they can do that...

To be honest, wouldn't you abandon ship if that ship was heading into an iceberg?

That's the vibe I get from people choosing to be Anti-Feminist just because.

That's not a problem with them, that's a problem with the ideology as a whole. If people are seriously looking at your movement and saying "ah hell naw", then perhaps you too should take a closer look and see for yourself why, and probably do something about it.

I'm not going to deny that there are soft-hearted Egals or Anti-Fems.

People can call themselves whatever they want or try and disassociate themselves for whatever. At the end of the day, it's their actions and in-actions that will define who and what they truly are.

Also: people who ask "WHY IS IT CALLED FEMINISM IF IT'S ABOUT EQUALITY" are just a tad lacking in the brain department

No seriously. Why is it called Feminism if it's about equality?

Why not embrace more neutral terms such as Egalitarianism, Humanitarianism, or Philanthropy?

Femi-nism, Feminine, Women. There is literally no equality in your name.

That's like saying the Men's Rights Activist Movement fights for women's rights while also somehow simultaneously putting men's concerns on the center pedestal.

Last edited:
im an egalitarian, which is more along the lines of second wave feminism. like the 1960's feminism that got women in the workforce

too many negative connotations so no. feminists = irritating people usually

I'm a feminist when it means equalitarianism but not when it's about silencing men's rights, criterias you need and should pass to get into a job and dissing women who get pregnant or get into a relationship because it's 'domestic and un-feminisitic,' I basically agree with how a lot of feminism has tarnished/semi-destroyed the feminism movement.

I'd rather refer to myself as an "Equalist".

The term "feminist" is too often used as a banner for hating men in everything they do.

rape culture
the general attitude that girls are worse than boys
beauty stuffs
catcalling
a ton of ppl say sexist ****
violence against women
etc idk im tired i just thought of some

1) what?
2) no, it's the opposite
3) you don't know what to say do you?
4) i mean, it's annoying but get over it, it's not like they're harming you
5) true!!
6) more men are victims of homicide, accidents on the job (or death) and suicide
yes, i guess you could say that more women are victims of abuse and rape but there's probably tons of men who don't speak up
edit: i'm not saying that women's lives are perfect, but you're making it sound like women are the only ones that have to deal with problems in this society

Last edited:
Hyper masculinity hurts everyone, not just women so of course I consider myself a feminist. I just want equality for all.

1) what?
2) no, it's the opposite
3) you don't know what to say do you?
4) i mean, it's annoying but get over it, it's not like they're harming you
5) true!!
6) more men are victims of homicide, accidents on the job (or death) and suicide
yes, i guess you could say that more women are victims of abuse and rape but there's probably tons of men who don't speak up
edit: i'm not saying that women's lives are perfect, but you're making it sound like women are the only ones that have to deal with problems in this society

lol relax youre being condescending af hahahah

im not saying women are the only people who have problems in society lol. but women are victims of sexism which men arent :^)

1. rape culture or whatever u want to call it is real.
2. ???? where
3. women are definitely pressured to appear beautiful and appeal to men. men are supposed to look certain ways too but the way it is for women is more extreme
4. :~)
5. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. is that violence against men because they are men? women are often victims of abuse because of their role in society. and sure there are a bunch of men who don't speak up about abuse but that doesn't mean that the abuse women face is less bad or whatever???

i think you're making it sound like women shouldnt complain because "Men Have It Super Bad Too )''': "

but women are victims of sexism which men arent :^)

Since when? men have gender roles, things that aren't considered acceptable for them to do that women can and are portrayed as uncaring and cruel in society. There are massive amounts of male stereotypes that are hurtful and untrue and no one cares because for some reason they think women have it soooo much worse. I actually told myself I wouldn't get involved in this thread because I hate fighting with people, especially on TBT, but if you think that there's no sexism against men, you have to be pretty damn ignorant.

A lot of things we think apply to women in our culture apply to men as well. If a woman with a perfect body in a movie or video game is "oversexualized," the dude with the perfect six pack not wearing a shirt is just as sexual. But everyone's too busy looking for things unfair towards women to take off their tinted glasses and see it's a two-way street.

In case you need a few examples of stereotypes against men:

Men are untrustworthy
Men don't tell women the truth
Men are more likely to cheat
Men disrespect women
Men think themselves superior

Everyone thinks that women are being treated as inferiors to the point where you literally can't treat a woman any worse than a man for any reason (even a valid one that has nothing to do with their gender) without being called sexist and practically labeled a social outcast. meanwhile, sterotypes against males are actually getting worse and no one cares because "we're men and we're obviously aggressive and hateful towards women and we deserve whatever we get."

lol relax youre being condescending af hahahah

im not saying women are the only people who have problems in society lol. but women are victims of sexism which men arent :^)

2. ???? where
3. women are definitely pressured to appear beautiful and appeal to men. men are supposed to look certain ways too but the way it is for women is more extreme
4. :~)
5. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. is that violence against men because they are men? women are often victims of abuse because of their role in society. and sure there are a bunch of men who don't speak up about abuse but that doesn't mean that the abuse women face is less bad or whatever???

i think you're making it sound like women shouldnt complain because "Men Have It Super Bad Too )''': "

condescending?? really?!?!!?
1) rape culture isn't real
2) men are immature, men are pigs, men are ignorant, men are mostly stronger than us so that means they'll probably hurt us!
3) beauty stuffs? women & men both have equal issues on that
4) :mad:@@@@??3
5) :____@
6) i didn't say it makes it less bad. what i meant was is that it's bad that men don't speak up about it

no, i wasn't saying that, your points are just pathetic. "oh yeah uh... catcalling & beauty... stuffs..." men do have it bad too though. you didn't speak about issues for men either, i just want you to know that they do...

Last edited:

I want to cry. I really do. I'm crying. My tears are flowing. I'm screaming. I can't believe how people like you exist. AAAH.
Yes, rape culture is real, not in America, or England, and places like that. People get arrested for being rapists, therefore it is not a rape culture. Also, women get more lenient sentences for being rapists, so isn't that sexist? I do find it hilarious that saying that men don't face sexism is sexist on its own, you poor soul. You call Ekcriptia condescending when you're treating women as being superior and in a higher class than men. I'm not usually mean, but this, this really bugs me, man.

1) It's really not.

2) It's more extreme (subjective opinion, btw), soooo...It's worse for women?
i think you're making it sound like women shouldnt complain because "Men Have It Super Bad Too )

3) Actually, I would go as far to say that violence against men is because they are men. There isn't the same stigma attached to hitting a man as there is to a woman, therefore they're more likely to be a target because they're expected to be able to defend themselves or because it proves some sort of superiority to the a-hole starting the attack. Meanwhile it's 'wrong to hit girls', which is why often times the guy is beaten to a pulp whilst his female friend is at worst pushed to the side because she's in the way of his savage beating.

As far as domestic abuse goes, it's not comparable to random attacks on the street. They're two totally different scenarios. Don't be stupid.

Actually, I would go as far to say that violence against men is because they are men. There isn't the same stigma attached to hitting a man as there is to a woman, therefore they're more likely to be a target because they're expected to be able to defend themselves or because it proves some sort of superiority to the a-hole starting the attack. Meanwhile it's 'wrong to hit girls', which is why often times the guy is beaten to a pulp whilst his female friend is at worst pushed to the side because she's in the way of his savage beating.

There is a difference between getting in a fight with someone and assaulting someone. A fight is when people want to beat the hell out of each other and are willing participants until they are sufficiently injured. Assault is using your physical advantage to attack someone who doesn't want to fight back. Men fight other men more often than women, but men assault women more often than other men. Fighting can be a way to show your "manhood"; assault is cowardly no matter who it's against. Women get assaulted more often than men because cowards always look for the easiest target.

There is a difference between getting in a fight with someone and assaulting someone. A fight is when people want to beat the hell out of each other and are willing participants until they are sufficiently injured. Assault is using your physical advantage to attack someone who doesn't want to fight back.

Feels like we're moving the goalposts here.

Obviously fights and assaults are two different things, probably why when there's a high profile boxing match on people don't ask "hey, did you see that assault last night!?".

Whether or not a victim of an assault fights back doesn't make it any less of an assault. They're ultimately still an unwilling participant, whether or not they sit there and take the beating or try to defend themselves doesn't really change that.

Men fight other men more often than women, but men assault women more often than other men. Fighting can be a way to show your "manhood"; assault is cowardly no matter who it's against. Women get assaulted more often than men because cowards always look for the easiest target.

...Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back