• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do You Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Sometimes in small ways

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • It's complicated

Votes: 7 9.3%

• Total voters
I don’t celebrate it how it’s supposed to be celebrated.

I’m asexual, getting closer to my 30s than my 20s, and have never experienced a crush before. Therefore romance is off the table. My mom is elderly and has been divorced for a few years now. She loves flowers and used to lament that no one would buy flowers for her anymore.

That’s where I stepped in. I’m not a man but flowers are flowers. Sometimes my eldest sibling would buy her flowers as well. Also, Valentines day gives me an excuse to make chocolate-covered strawberries.😋

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Never been in a relationship since I've always been quiet and reserved, and as I got older I realized that I'm somewhere around asexual (not 100%, possibly grayasexual or something along those lines) so I doubt that the conditions for me to end up in a relationship will develop. Especially since, due to limited interest and some concerns, I don't really want to use a dating app despite not being opposed to the idea of being in a relationship with someone. So yeah, if anything, it's mostly just discount chocolate day but I don't really do candy all too often either.

I'm indifferent to it tbh. If people enjoy it, then great. If they don't, there's no pressure to acknowledge it, I would hope? I quite like seeing decorations around, but I like seeing decorations for all the seasons/holidays, even if I'm not personally fussed about them. It's nice to have a reason to decorate and maybe do something a little different on days like that I think.

Yes.

The shipping art on Valentine's Day is usually incredible.

That's what you meant by celebrate, right?

Please, dear god, tell me this is what you meant. My heart can't handle any more disappointment.

not really, restaurants are always packed and chocolates overpriced. i do celebrate the day after when everything valentines day related goes on sale though!

not really, but i like sharing candy for it! haven't got to do that in a while. it's my favorite holiday theme-wise (colors and decorations). i remember an anime convention i used to attend took place near valentine's, so some people would print out or draw cute little cards and hand them out at the con. i thought that was pretty nice! once we all had to evacuate that con in the cold cuz of a kitchen fire LOL

Last edited:
I celebrate by buying myself chocolates that are on sale. My husband doesn't mind. Love should be celebrated 365 days of the year, not just on one, especially one thats too commercial for my tastes

It's kinda complicated for me. My parents would give me something on Valentine's day (like a stuffed bear and some chocolate) but everything else about this time of year would suck for me, especially at school. When I was in school I was seen as the "weird kid" and no one liked me so Valentine's parties at school sucked since I spent most of that time alone. Things went on like this until highschool when I managed to act normal enough to make some friends but that didn't change Valentine's for me. I've also never had any crushes on any guys in school so I couldn't do the whole candy gram thing either. The one year that really sucked was when I was in 11th grade (I went to school in the us btw). I was in one of my classes when a three guys came in and did a whole promposal in the middle of class for their girlfriends. Everyone else was gushing about how cute it was but I was salty and jealous. Because I was the weird girl I knew that no guy would ever like me enough to do something that nice for me and I was jealous of those girls. I went home and cried that day. Ever since then I have disliked Valentine's. Now I have graduated and can confirm that I did not have a single good Valentine's day (and also didn't even get a prom cause of 2020 so :/ )

More so last year, but I bought related chocolate/treat products from different places. It's mostly an excuse for cute packaging collection.

I’ve only had a Valentine’s date once, so it isn’t really a holiday I participate in. Instead I celebrate the day as my birthday. I usually just mess around with the gifts I received and relax.

I’d rather receive a gift as a surprise. I personally don’t understand holidays which ‚force‘ people to give each other gifts. Most people I know feel obliged to do so then, instead of doing it because they really want to. I don’t need any holidays to give my loved ones gifts (Christmas, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day etc.). We don’t celebrate them, and instead show each other love on every day of the year.

Back