• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you buy skins in games ?

Skins.. yay or nah?

• Yes, I buy them!

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • No, I don't

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • Only as presents (Example: For birthdays, ...)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Only when they are free (Example: Amazon Prime Twitch Capsule)

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Other (explain!)

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, I buy skins in video games. Only if they're guaranteed though.

I don't even remember if I play any games that have those. I don't think I do.
Unless the Mii costumes in Smash Bros. count...?

I am impenetrable, haha. I’ve never spent real money on any kind of in-game or in-app purchase. The amounts always seem so high! I’m always like “$9 for a virtual jacket when I could get an entire new game for $30?”

I’ve definitely bought the video games themselves and lived to regret it, but I just don’t tend to be very invested in cosmetic items, especially in games that already have tons of choices. I already have cool helmets and ghost skins and weapons and shaders, Destiny 2!

If I paid for the game, I don't think I have. I'll usually stuck to the in game currency.
If I am playing a free to play game, then yes, but I only do so when I have played many many hours and I like the game. I like to think of it as showing the game a little support for giving me something to play for many hours, like a little thank you. I don't go crazy and I have to like the skin a lot and use it a lot.

I don't buy character skins because there's usually no purpose beyond cosmetic. I also don't typically play games where buying skins for RLC is a thing.

I may be tempted if I were super into a game and my character though. 😅 I've been down other microtransaction rabbit holes before.

Yes இ௰இ);; Character customization is important to me, and if I like a game enough and want my character to look a certain way... 💸 why live if i cant be cute

That said, it does depend on the game and what customizations are available otherwise. Some games don't tempt me at all, and if I don't think I'll play a game for very long, I won't.

For MMOs or other games that I'll play with friends though, I will almost always end up spending RLC for cosmetics.

I'd only buy a skin using in-game currency, but I think I've only played a few games that have things like skins

I used to 😳 I bought soooo many skins in SMITE (a game similar to League of Legends). Now I don't even play the game anymore, it's just way too toxic.. I miss seeing all the skins and the art, though. I definitely have a weak spot for character customization and feeling special

No, because I don’t play games that utilize on this. Except for Mario Kart Tour if I actually want to play it, but I still won’t. I’d buy skins, but only the ones I like.

I haven't played many games with skins, and the ones where I do offer a mix of free and paid ways. I do buy them, but it's mostly from currency I can earn for free, or currency I buy gradually when I buy cheap daily passes that last a month (will elaborate).

One of the games I play with skins is Genshin Impact, but they release skins very rarely. It's always been 2 skins every 6 months or so, and one of them is always accessible for free if you do complete the event tasks for that patch. The other skin they release is only obtainable through a currency called genesis crystals, that you can only obtain with RLC. Gensis crystals are usually overpriced, however there's a monthly pass that's very cheap that I usually buy which gives 300 genesis crystals, and over the past years of playing, I've managed to save up quite a bit, so I've managed to buy a couple of the skins that aren't f2p which is nice.

I'm currently taking a break from this game, but Cookie Run Kingdom is another game that has many skins. You pull most skins through a gacha with a currency called rainbow cubes. Rainbow cubes are harder to earn, but if you're in a higher ranking guild and build your teams for arena, as well as do the events they offer each patch, rainbow cubes are pretty easy to save up overtime. There's unfortunately no pity or guarantee for which skins you get, but I've gotten a lot of skins from all the rainbow cubes I can save up which are all f2p.

I do! I've definitely spent more than I'd like to admit on skins, but the cosmetics are so appealing lol

i need my character to look cute, so yes 🥲 i always try to wait for a sale though because the currency conversion isn’t fun and i have to pay a monthly sub to play

I've spent thousands of euros in skins on a MOBA. And I recreated my account several times, so I paid them several times as well. I have something like 1200 skins right now. Give me my money back please...

Back