Do you believe in a God/Goddess?

?

• Total voters
Nope, I'm a secular witch so I don't have a god, goddess, or deity to worship.
I worship the Earth and myself. =D
Others can worship me too. ;]

My parents are both Wiccan, and they flat-out refused to talk in-depth with me about religion until I was old enough to truly understand what it meant to believe in a god or goddess, or any number of either. Now, to the dismay of my father, whose patron deity is Odin, and the amusement of my mother, whose matron deity is Bast, I identify solely as R?kkatru. My patron deity is Loki.

I believe all religions are right in one way or another. A god will show Him or Herself to a believer if they see fit, and if someone is a non-believer, no god appears and they are free to live as a non-believer. I believe whatever afterlife a person believes in is the afterlife they'll go to, or if they believe in nothingness or reincarnation, so be it.

In a sense, however, I don't believe in a traditional Heaven or Hell. I believe with death comes a refining period, the calcification that comes with transformation. I don't believe you can scare someone with Hell, so that they'll be good and thus go to Heaven. People don't work that way.

I believe in all the interesting gods and goddesses, spirits and sprites. So...Greco-Roman, Norse, Native American and Celtic folklore, etc. I'm a son of Hades, and I have a shoulder Loki, so I primarily stick to the Greeks and Norse. But I'm always fond of the fairies in the walls

Honestly, the one god I don't believe exists is the Christian god. Aslan's cool, though.

agnostic should be an option
but I guess if it comes down to yes or no, I'd say no

I think if anything is god it would be the entire universe and everything in it. But do I believe in a god or goddesses that specifically created anything or cares about what any of us do? Definitely not.

The thing that really upsets me about Christianity (no offense at all, this is just something that makes me feel a bit powerless and depressed) is that even if you're a good person, you still go to hell for making the choice not to believe. I'm a cynical person and I can be rude sometimes, but I love the people around me and I'm always trying to be on my best. I think this is why older people convert to Christianity at such a late age, because they're too scared about what happens if they die. And when I think about it, I genuinely can get really scared to think about what will happen to me, because apparently I'm a sinner for not believing.

The thing that really upsets me about Christianity (no offense at all, this is just something that makes me feel a bit powerless and depressed) is that even if you're a good person, you still go to hell for making the choice not to believe. I'm a cynical person and I can be rude sometimes, but I love the people around me and I'm always trying to be on my best. I think this is why older people convert to Christianity at such a late age, because they're too scared about what happens if they die. And when I think about it, I genuinely can get really scared to think about what will happen to me, because apparently I'm a sinner for not believing.

I understand, but if you think about it rationally it might help. Christianity was just one religion that formed in ancient times, and it is one of many that exists today. There's absolutely nothing special about its claims. If you think about it, if its claims were true, the majority of the world's population is going to go to Hell. Why? Because they were raised in the "wrong" culture, the "wrong" family, or whatever circumstance led them to believe in a different religion. Those people who follow other religions have the same exact conviction and reason to believe in their religions. They have the same personal experiences, the same 'miracles', that they believe lead to their deity.

Christianity and its claims are not special in any way whatsoever. So try not to worry about it.

I feel like my point actually got lost somewhere along the way there. Sorry, I had a point I was getting to there and I'm not sure I properly conveyed it. >.<

I don't believe in a God. Science disproves a God, or an afterlife, though I don't think there's anything wrong in believing in those things.

Back