• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite kinds of chairs?

My favorite kind of chair is...

• one with good back support

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • soft and plush

Votes: 30 81.1%
  • hard and sturdy

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • a stool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one with a mesh seat

• one that spins

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • one with arm rests

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • just any chair out there

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • other!

• Total voters
a soft plushy chair that spins and supports my back.. sounds like a dream.
as for other chairs.. i like beanbag chairs :)
idk why, but this thread made me remember there's one type of chair that i really like but i'll never use though.
1711127262869.png

these chairs are kitschy, tacky and would probably pop/deflate if you move on it wrong, but theyre just so campy and silly that i really love them lol

for work, i definitely prefer a chair with more back support. i saw on tiktok that there was this office chair that looked super comfy and could also recline when you want to lay back and nap at your desk at well. that's definitely my dream chair lol. the only it lacked was the armrest i think but it wouldn't be able to recline otherwise i think.

otherwise, i think just any comfy chair is fine with me. definitely prefer chairs with an armrest but not necessary if it's like a chair for a dining table. recliners are definitely the most comfy.

Literally any chair that is comfy

I honestly didn’t think that I really had chair preferences when I first saw this thread… and then I ended up selecting 5 of the poll options LOL. I have the back of an 80-year-old woman, so chairs with good or at least comfortable support are a must for me, especially if it’s a chair that I sit on for long periods of time. I also prefer chairs that are soft and plush over chairs that are hard and sturdy, but otherwise, my favourite, ideal kind(s) of chair(s) depends on what I sit on the chair to do.

If it’s a chair I sit on while I work, write, do creative projects or do literally anything at a desk, then I prefer chairs with no armrests and of course good back support. If it’s a chair I lounge in to watch tv, read, play games or just overall relax, then soft/plush recliners with good back support and armrests are my preference! My late grandmother’s recliner doesn’t have the best back support, but it’s still comfy and has armrests! My kitty also likes to cuddle with me in it, so I think having a recliner from now on is a necessity for that, hehe. 🖤

Chairs that spin are also a lot of fun, though I’ve never had one for myself. I love spinning in them, but I think having one to sit on while I do tasks might be a bad idea since it’d probably distract me. Beanbags are also awesome and very comfy to lounge in, though very hard for me to get out of LOL

Stools are pretty much the only kind of chair that are a no-go for me. No back support, not comfortable to sit on, and also hard to even get on in the first place.

I like sturdy chairs with arm rests and good back support. I don’t mind sitting on a hard wooden chair with no pillows as long as I can lean back and rest my arms. Now that I think about it, I prefer hard chairs over soft squishy ones. I usually remove pillows from them too if I can. I like sitting on the floor so this is as floor as it gets on a chair 😅

Back