• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you actually use the 3d feature?

Every now and then I'm like "ohh right this is a feature!" and I think it's cool for 5 seconds, before I feel like I'm going cross eyed and I have to focus a lot on at what angle I look at my DS. Usually I turn it off again after a few minutes of really not being immersed in my game anymore 😅

It's a cool feature when you hit juuuust the right angle but if i move ever so slightly it's just a pain.
This is basically my exact thoughts on it (and the 3D for every game on the 3DS). Looks really cool when you get it right, if you move slightly it messes it up, and it makes my eyes feel weird after a few seconds. Doesn't 'hurt' but feels like my eyes are straining. It would be cool if they got to the point that you could do it without the eye strain but honestly I don't feel it adds to the experience anyway.

I think I've tried it for a Mario game once or twice but other than that I've only ever used it when messing around with the camera. The fact I had to hold the system at the perfect angle or the effect would be blurry was too annoying so I barely used it.

no i never used it, unless i accidentally switch it on and then i think something is wrong with my eyes and turn it off right away! it always seemed pretty pointless to me so i just stayed away from it.

i actually forgot why it was called a nintendo 3DS in the first place cause i never bothered to use the 3D lol.

At first I did, but as time went on I just found it easier on the eyes to have it off.

Back when ACNL first came out, I remember I had it on aaaaall the time! Only like halfway up, it wasn't too overwhelming and, more importantly, didn't strain my eyes

Every so often I'll still turn it on, I think it's really neat especially when looking into indoor areas/homes in ACNL!

I feel like the 3D aspect in general is just kinda meh.
I dont need it pushed into my face to enjoy a good game or film.
I rarely used it game wise.

I did when I first got the game, but... I honestly forget the 3D feature even exists.

I always have it on. The graphics look worse to me with it off. I know I’m a rarity though as most people never use it. It’s never bothered my eyes even on the older 3DS models without the eye tracking.

I never did, at least never for longer than a minute or 2 occasionally. It was a cool feature, but playing in 3D always felt like it was straining my eyes, and I just preferred playing my games in 2D more. Maybe it’d be different now since I’m not used to the 3DS’ graphics anymore, but I imagine it’d probably still hurt my eyes.

I don't leave it on while I'm playing because it's uncomfortable to hold my DS at an angle that the 3D works at. But if a game has 3D support I'll check it out. And the sky in NL is much prettier in 3D

I definitely tried it out when I first got a 3DS, but like everyone else, I found it painful and jarring. I never actually seriously used it. Once every six months or so, I'd turn it back on just out of curiosity and remember "nope, I still hate this."

I tried to use it but then my eyes hurt. Sometimes I remember it exists but I never play with it

Back