• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you actually use the 3d feature?

Zinnia.

spinning in and out of sight
Bells
Magic Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Purple Violet
I know I don't. I have an older 3ds so it's kinda hard to get the angle right. But I have to admit that it looks pretty cool when it does work out!

I never did because the people at GameStop freaked me out. When my mom bought my 3ds for my birthday when I was 8, the guy said my eyes would mess up if I used the 3D feature. I thought he meant my eyes would literally fall out so I’ve never used it. Nowadays, I just have no interest in trying it out 😂

I never did because the people at GameStop freaked me out. When my mom bought my 3ds for my birthday when I was 8, the guy said my eyes would mess up if I used the 3D feature. I thought he meant my eyes would literally fall out so I’ve never used it. Nowadays, I just have no interest in trying it out 😂
HAHAHAHA the same thing happened to me. When I was 10 years old someone told me that the 3D function caused eye damage and when they gave me the old 3DS at 11 years old... I basically only tried the 3d twice. I think it would be really cool to play in 3d on a New 3ds but unfortunately I only have the old one and the 2DS XL

Nintendo: Here's a 3D slider to adjust the intensity of 3D. Fans: EWWW NO!! >:O Nintendo: Introducing Nintendo Labo. Strap the Switch to your face and wear a suit of cardboard. Fans: YESS. HAVE MY MONIES!!! :3

Lol no but really, the 3D feature isn't too impressive, I would say. 🥱 3D wasn't a thing back when they tried it with the Virtual Boy back in 1995, it's still not a thing when they tried it in 2010 with their 3DS and still not a thing with their cardboard nonsense, the Nintendo Labo in 2018. 🙄 We don't want 3D, Nintendo..... but do keep trying. It's amusing seeing grown men wave their little joycons while strapping a Nintendo Switch to their eyeballs. 🤭

I used it 100% of the time when I was a kid but now it just gives me a headache. I have no idea how I ever used it for longer than 2 mins at a time.

I don't because of my nausea. I actually completely forgot about that feature until you mentioned it!

I don't use it because it only looks right from one angle and I just don't hold my ds still all the time when I play. Sometimes I'll turn it on to see what something looks like but it's better for some games than others. Sometimes I use it for 3d flip notes.

I tried it when I first got my 3DS in 2016, but it bothered me so I have not used it since.

Every now and then I'm like "ohh right this is a feature!" and I think it's cool for 5 seconds, before I feel like I'm going cross eyed and I have to focus a lot on at what angle I look at my DS. Usually I turn it off again after a few minutes of really not being immersed in my game anymore 😅

It's a cool feature when you hit juuuust the right angle but if i move ever so slightly it's just a pain.

my story's pretty similar to the ones here lol. i read that using the 3ds feature could badly damage the eyes so i never put it on.

I have an older 3DS so I have to hold it at a really weird angle so I don't play with it on. It does look cool when it aligns though!

No, it's annoying to hold it at a specific angle and it's a bit hard on the eyes after a few minutes. Also, reading the other replies I'm now remembering hearing eye damage warnings too 😓

I don’t know why but after about 10 minutes or so i got headaches so never had it turned on, maybe was overreaction to the fuss over the warnings that made me think the headaches were worse but it wasn’t a essential part of New Leaf at all

I've never used it bc it feels kinda clunky imo

I also never rly saw a point either

I've used it a couple times just to see what it was like, but it's otherwise always off.

Back