• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

do rich people own a microwave?

puggylove

pugs
Bells
Reason why Im asking this is because i get an impression that rich people don't eat leftovers or ready meals. They get everything freshly cooked by their private chefs or have the money to eat in a restaurant everyday.

well they'd be able to afford one, so i dont see why not

and rich people having private chefs or eating in a restaurant everyday is kind of a stereotype

well why shouldn't they, also those things aren't terrible expensive here so unless you are really poor why not having one?

i cant say for all the rich people but i can say i come from a wealthy family. anyway, yes, my family owns a microwave. though its just me using it most of the time instead of my parents. I have a few ready meals (yes, you can find ready meals in my freezer) stocked up just in case im hungry at home and i dont feel like waiting long for for a delivery. We dont have private chef as well coz my mom doesn't like strangers in the house. we dont even hire a maid. my mom is the one doing all the cooking once she gets home or we just go to a restaurant if its late.

Last edited:
I know a lot of rich people and most of them, in fact, do own a microwave and eat leftovers. Actually, the richest woman I know eats leftovers from like a week ago so

My family don't own a microwave and they're not particularly rich

The chef could use the microwave to help his cooking? lol I think most rich people will probably have a microwave

I don't come from a rich family but, I see absolutely no reason as to why they wouldn't. Unless they had a chef who did all of their cooking (which I think would be in very rare circumstances), then they still have to prepare their own food. And sometimes when you are too lazy to prepare a full meal, just having a microwave meal is just quicker and easier. SO I definitely think rich people do own microwaves, lol.

I'm not rich, but there are people in my church who are, and they still have microwaves. They actually view them as basic necessities.

i wouldn't see any reason to not have a microwave, even if you have a lot of money. if youre busy it's very convenient to just pop a ready made meal in, and if you're rich i'd assume you have a very high paying and high demanding job so you'd be busy quite a lot.

Define "rich"

Billionaires who have their meals cooked for them probs don't. But just people with extra money probably do.

Some rich people maybe, then there's some rich people who are like us and eat left overs. Like why not?

I don't see why not. It's the fastest way to make pot noodles.

a necessity

If you ordered delivery or got takeout and it was just a tad cold when you got home what would you do without a microwave
or
what if you made tea and left it on your desk and it got cold and you didn't want to make a whole new thing of tea. Idk man it's more than just for cooking poor people food

how poor and/or sheltered are you?

serious question

they're probably not that poor because rich doesn't mean super rich which I would think are the type of people to have hired chefs etc.

I think if you're poor then the threshold for being seen as rich is probably lower than if you're a bit more well off. Like I would think you're probably rich if your family are somewhat well off and e.g. go on holiday abroad occasionally or even often. But someone in that position might not think they're rich, and might think of rich people as people who go exotic places every holiday.

But yeah rich people probably own microwaves as part of their kitchens even if they don't use it.

Don't get why people seem to think rich people don't care, and are wasteful. Stereotype? Most people who are rich are rich because they learned to take care of things, and not be wasteful. Why do you think they're still rich? Maybe because they don't have private chefs.

Back