• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

โ„ [DIY GUIDE] Snowflake, Snowboy & Festive Season โ›„๐ŸŽ… + Summer Shell Season!!! ๐Ÿš

REMINDER!
Tomorrow, December 11th, snow will finally settle on the ground.
That means, Snowflake & Snowboy DIYs will become available!

I have also made a Snowboy Guide that could help.

Since it's already December 11th and past 5am on some parts of the world, that means...

SNOWFLAKE & SNOWBOY DIYs are now available!

Snowflake DIYs are from balloons.
Snowboy DIYs are from Perfect Snowboys.

Snowflakes are now floating around the island. Catch with a net.

Large Snowflakes are given by Perfect Snowboys. Talk to them daily, even after getting the DIYs.

There aren't any festive trees or snowballs anywhere.

There aren't any festive trees or snowballs anywhere.
Festive trees aren't available until December 15th.

There should be enough space for snowballs to appear. Not sure about the space but a 5x5 empty area (no custom designs and paths) might be enough. Your airport should also be closed.

I rolled a snowball and broke it. I entered a building then exited. The snowball didn't spawn right away. I ran around the island and a random snowball spawned on a different area. Snowballs might take a bit of time to show up. But 2 snowballs will keep appearing as long as you still haven't built a snowboy.

You will need to clear a plot of land for them. That was my issue at first until I saw a YouTube video about it.
I guessed that was the problem, but I won't be doing that. :)

The first Snowboy isn't guaranteed to be perfect. Learned this the hard way this morning. XD

ETA: the first Snowboy ever constructed on the island will give his creator a recipe, regardless of whether or not he was perfectly constructed. However, if he is not perfectly built, he will not give a recipe to the other residents on the island.

Last edited:
I'm already over the snow but it's a long time before it goes away.

The first Snowboy isn't guaranteed to be perfect. Learned this the hard way this morning. XD

ETA: the first Snowboy ever constructed on the island will give his creator a recipe, regardless of whether or not he was perfectly constructed. However, if he is not perfectly built, he will not give a recipe to the other residents on the island.

Yep. Realized that since I experienced it firsthand. Fixed the info.

I can finally decorate my left room into the winter wonderland like my New Leaf was... only smaller :[

Thanks for your guide on snow man I was able to get it right the 2ns time

I failed to make the perfect snowboy 2 time and was able to get him on my 3rd time. lucky the game did not save till I got it done right today

It's December 15th. FESTIVE SEASON has started for both hemispheres!

Every day, random cedar trees will be decorated with lights. Shake them infinitely for red, blue and gold ornaments.

13 Festive DIYs also become available from balloons.

For nothern hemisphere players, take note that snowflake recipes and festive DIYs will overlap. For southern hemisphere, summer shell recipes will overalap with festive DIYs.

It's December 15th. FESTIVE SEASON has started for both hemispheres!

Every day, random cedar trees will be decorated with lights. Shake them infinitely for red, blue and gold ornaments.

13 Festive DIYs also become available from balloons.

For nothern hemisphere players, take note that snowflake recipes and festive DIYs will overlap. For southern hemisphere, summer shell recipes will overalap with festive DIYs.
It's almost December 15th...almost! Thankfully I have all the snowflake recipes, so I'm just in need of the ornament dependent recipes from loons. Well, those, and the rest of the Snowboy collection (11 more).

It's almost December 15th...almost! Thankfully I have all the snowflake recipes, so I'm just in need of the ornament dependent recipes from loons. Well, those, and the rest of the Snowboy collection (11 more).
I'm balloon grinding right now. I still kept getting duplicates of snowflake recipes even if I already had all of them though.

It's the 15th and not a single festive DIY in 5 hours.

I'm done with it.

The Nook's Cranny trick is pretty much just a placebo effect. We are led to think that it spawns balloons every time. But it's not proven true.

I've always farmed balloons on the beach without the trick. There are times that I get balloons spawning every five minutes. Sometimes, it's just sparse. You just got lucky with RNG.
This works for me. Every 4 and 9 they spawn but I don't see til .1 after 5 and 0. If this makes sense...

It has been EIGHT HOURS of balloon farming and not a single festive diy.

They don't exist or it's a glitch.

Nobody should be expected to do this tedious chore for EIGHT HOURS!

OMG.

Back