Deleted

Have you ever been fired or suspended from a job?

• Yes (Fired)

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Yes (Suspended)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 43 87.8%

• Total voters
I’ve been laid off through like a mass layoff type situation. I kind of knew it was coming, but it was still disheartening and embarrassing. However, with my line of work they happen and they happen often, so it’s always a factor you think about. I’ve never been terminated or fired though.

Nope, I’ve had a good amount of jobs by now and never been fired or terminated by any of them. Have been able to keep each one for a pretty long time too and leave when I want/need to.

mine's more of a maybe, i've only ever had 1 job and after 3 days i quit then got fired
i'm still confused about what actually happened tbh 😅

No, thankfully I haven't. I've been working at the same company for 21 years now, been kept around through several layoffs, and moved around to different areas and roles when necessary. I had a couple of other jobs before this one, but I always left on my own terms, except for the one time the whole place closed down but there was nothing to be done about that.

Sorry to hear about your job Croconaw

I've been fortunate to never have been fired from a job, but I did get laid off at the start of the pandemic and I have also lost a job in the past because of the company going out of business.

I have seen people get fired for some pretty ridiculous reasons in the past, including a friend of mine who got fired for recycling cardboard in the neighbouring business' recycling bin. The store we worked at didn't have a recycling bin and she didn't want to throw it in the trash and she got fired over that.

Nope. I have never even been employed.

Nope if I had to leave it's because their budget ****ing sucks and their HR teams doesn't do **** either.

No. However I was wrongly laid off about ten years ago by my incompetent supervisor who was playing favourites by hiring new staff from his own nationality and getting them to do my job leaving me with nothing to do. Thankfully my uncle helped me out as he worked for citizens advice and realised I had been wrongly let go, a week later I got an apology from my employment and I was back at work... ten years later I'm still there and busier than ever in my job. 😊

Nope, thou threatened with being fired, both at my old and current job. The current one isn't my fault thou. The old one, kinda is and kinda isn't.

No. I've only had one full-time job (which I'm still currently at), and I've never really been at any risk of being fired, though I definitely was worried about the possibility early on, lol.

I haven't. However, when I started my education I stopped it after about 2 months, because the boss was literally crazy. .-.
Once I didn't feel so good at work and she made me swallow some medicine, while I didn't want to.
She was trying that I would change pretty much everything. My phone wasn't good enough, I needed an iPhone because
in her opinion it's much better. I was supposed to spend a lot of money on a flatrate to have internet on my phone, while at this
time I didn't need it and that's only some small parts.
She then proceded at the end to call my parents to talk about the sports I should do. Karate, Yoga, etc. to get in better shape.
She literally wrote down a two page list of the things I need to change in my life. I'm glad that at this point my parents understood
that I was not joking about the things she tried to make me do and accepted that I leave the education without them being mad.

I'm 36. I've been fired from several. It was always upsetting, especially the first time, and especially since I always did well academically, so it was frustrating to not be able to transfer my academic success to job success.

The first one I was fired from was a paralegal job I had from 2009-10. I made several major errors when assembling a mock trial (focus group).

I also have been fired from two school districts as a substitute teacher. They didn't discuss my firings at all, and simply stopped sending me notifications for sub opportunities. They can do this within 90 days by law.

thankfully no, but i've only had two jobs. hopefully it won't happen later in life, either.

Never been fired, though one time I quit a job that I felt I could have gotten fired from. The manager and I just really didn't mesh.

I quit a lot of jobs but no, haven't been fired (yet). I accused a manager of stealing donations meant to help people with Down Syndrome and then quit.

I haven't been fired yet, no! I've only had three jobs, though. And honestly I feel like at my last job things were getting a bit tense and they seemed to be firing people left and right. I wouldn't be shocked if I'd been on the list to get fired before I quit. 😅

I've only had one job so far, my job as a shelver at the library here on campus. I haven't been fired/terminated from it, however I will have to quit at the end of the school year since the job is reserved for student workers and I'm graduating.

Back