Cryptid Creek (Melon Ballers and Poliwags Cabins)

EBE426D1-B025-4B2D-9F1B-F1045E2661FB.jpeg

Name: Waldlöwe
Behaviors: Extremely strong; known to run from place to place and frighten creatures on the way. Hostile when confronted.
Size: Above Average
Habitat: The Forest
Expedition Notes: One warm august morning I thought that day would be a perfect day for camping. As I set my camp in the small clustered forest I heard the snap of a twig followed by the sound of footsteps crunching against leaves. I heard the wildlife leave and felt a chill down my spine. I turned in the direction of the noise and saw something most disturbing. A creature with sharp teeth and claws and ragged clothes. I quickly took a picture and ran. I barely escaped with my life. When I arrived home and told the villagers my chilling tale, they all reacted with disbelief. But none of their reactions were as peculiar as Mott’s, who burst into laughter at the sight of the photo. How peculiar!
Island Map (proof):
798DDEDB-895B-458E-9DEC-2C2BE1490CEF.jpeg

Just want to say I love that you used german for the name 🍉
Ty. I used to live in Germany in kindergarten and once spoke fluent German. But after 9 years of not needing it, I forgot it. I tried duolingo but it didn’t work. I had to use translate for it. But lots of awesome stuff comes from Germany. Especially their chocolate. They have higher standards than the US.

Screenshot:
B93264CE-1B90-4362-B4EE-EA8FFFE97686.jpeg
Name: Otter Penguin
Behaviors: Penguin Sledding with the Avatar
Size: 5 feet tall
Habitat: Southern Water Tribe
Expedition Notes: I entered the lost cave and there it was! My trip was finally a success as I found an Otter Penguin! I was very nervous but I knew I had to follow in Aang’s footsteps and go Penguin sledding! Wish me luck!
Island Map (proof):
A68486A6-66F7-41D1-8E7C-FDEA574CB7A8.jpeg

IMG-7774.jpg

Name: The Dark Hawk
Behaviors: Quiet, won't hesitate to steal your food or your hat..
Size: 10 feet tall
Habitat: The Wild West
Expedition Notes: I was out exploring deep in the desert during the night when I noticed this giant creature standing behind a rock. He was staring at my hat, thinking I wouldn't notice. I took a few steps back and ran as fast as I could to the safety of my camper. I wasn't going to risk being lunch to a giant bird tonight. I hope he won't be able to find where I set up camp..
Island Map (proof):
IMG-7775.jpg

681D9263-37A1-4FD2-BDA9-7B806E68A8C9.jpeg

Name: Snow Wolf
Behaviours: Eerily quiet and statuesque, only makes communication to accept an offering
Size: About 5 ft 6
Habitat: Ice Mountain Peak
Expedition Notes: I’d heard many tales of the snow wolf, the great guardian of the ice tree, but it wasn’t until I saw it with my own eyes that I truly believed in its existence. Legend says that those who leave what the snow wolf desires at the towering ice tree will have all their wishes granted. I hope the home grown watermelon that I’ve carried up the mountain will be enough to please the guardian. As I look around at the abandoned tent, packed suitcase and cold kettle I get the feeling that those who bought the previous offerings weren’t so lucky.

F4E410F8-1635-47ED-B537-B866532260E9.jpeg

2021081713133200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Jazz Alligatoris
Behaviors: Extremely musical, good sense of rhythm and style
Size: Approximately 6 ft when standing (not counting the tail)
Habitat: Swamps and bayous

Expedition Notes: Finally! After years of expeditions, I have captured the clearest proof yet of the Jazz Alligatoris! This fine specimen was quite muscular, leading me to wonder if the creature is naturally fit, or if it could possibly have found a way to enhance its natural form. Thankfully, I immediately set up my zoom camera with a timer before I got very close. The sultry sounds of jazz the creature was sending through the swamp absolutely mesmerized me and had me "feelin it"!

Island Map (proof):
2021081713161500-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

E9CN_8fVUAML4IB

Name: Giant orange squirrel
Behaviors: Usually quiet and cautious but quickly lets its guard down over food it likes
Size: 2.5 ft tall
Habitat: Mushroom Forest
Expedition Notes:
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I spotted this huge squirrel in the middle of the forest during a mushroom excursion. Luckily it didn’t notice me, since I was a good distance away from it. I was determined to lure it with an acorn I had picked up while I was foraging for wild food, and oh how lucky I was that it turned out to be one of its favorite food. This creature has got to be the easiest to lure out, to the point that I terribly worry for its survival from poachers...

E9CN_8ZVkAQIr5c

94AC7570-59B5-46CF-94C4-512AEFEA63B6.jpeg

Name: flower nymph
Behaviors: shy, reclusive, gentle
Size: 30cm, small enough the walk immersed in the flowers
Habitat: hidden flower meadows
Expedition Notes: awe encapsulated me after happening upon the magical flower nympth (variation: yellow mum), spotted caring for the bugs that come to rest on the mum flowers her life force is connected to. though only observed from a distance she seems very timid - perhaps a result of her small stature meaning there are many much larger creatures around? she brushes and feeds the wild bugs, who all appear to trust her immensely.

FFF3CCE2-5657-4EA8-A333-B78A048B33CB.jpeg

E9D9A_FUUAAZAq7.jpg

Name: Lusca
Behaviors: Carnivorous tendencies
Size: over 75 foot long
habitat: deep underwater, oceanic holes
Expedition notes:
As I was exploring deep within the ocean, I came across this beast known as the Lusca. It appears to have huge eyes and
8 arms like an octopus. It seems to have carnivorous tendencies and lives deeply underwater in oceanic holes. Luckily, I swam away before it spotted me.
E9D9jneUUAo8UND.jpg

Name: Pink Elephant
Behaviors: Uses his trunk as a trumpet to produce a variety of rhythmic sounds
Size: Size appears inconsistent. The subject continually shifts between 8 and 13 ft tall (and wide)
Habitat: Urban
Expedition Notes:
Imagine my surprise, after an arduous expedition hunting for the legendary yeti Hans, I returned to my island to bury my sorrows, and what do I stumble across but the fabled techicolor pachyderm! What a spectacle, the subject was in the midst of some kind of performance as his herd marched around in a rhythmic procession. Their forms rebounded with the bass notes of his song, morphing their size and shape, twisted up like balloon animals. I was enveloped in the pachyderm parade as the evening faded into a blur. Maybe I should lay off the sparkling cider...
E9FuqheUcAIZPYD.jpg

Attachments

• E9Cqs61VgAQvtKd.jpg
    E9Cqs61VgAQvtKd.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 16
Pink Stallion.JPG

Name: The Pink Mare
Behaviors: Sweet and calm, could be shy sometimes
Size: The average size of a horse.
Habitat: Secret beach
Expedition Notes: I was walking to the beach where no one came here and I saw something fascinating. It was a pink mare walking around the beach! I never seen her pink fur before, I wonder if she had something magical. I decided not to get close to the mare, so I stayed a bit farther. She was a beautiful horse, so I hope I get to see her on my next secret beach trip.

Map Update.JPG

9657DDAD-34C8-4C83-B329-DFB32A33392E.jpeg

Name: Canis Faerie
Behaviors: tends to fall asleep when comfortable, initially shy, ethereal & delicately sweet
Size: somewhere around 2-3 ft
Habitat: Glowy mushroom forest
Expedition Notes: While in search of mini glowing mushrooms, I heard a faint noise coming from deep in the forest. Imagine my surprise when I found the Canis Faerie taking a little snooze on a bed of flowers. I approached carefully & gently as to not startle her awake. I offered some cookies and she gave me a little bark and poofed away once she ate the cookies.

C7526E88-ECBB-45AA-B657-C62A4E935ADC.jpeg

gnr4u41.jpg[img]

Name: River Walker
Behaviors: Aggressive and easily angered
Size: 7 ft tall
Habitat: Rivers
Expedition Notes: I camped out near the river in search of the very rare River Walker. I was starting to give up hope as I was on day 3 of the journey and it was a very rainy night. I was sitting by the campfire, making my dinner, when I thought I heard something! I got up and looked around and sure enough, the River Walker was on the other side of the river staring right at me! Her growl and demeanor was much more intense than I had imagined so I immediately packed up my belongings and left.
SPOILER]

4022E623-0B18-4A96-9243-8985E9AA1E18.jpeg

name: bacia (meaning: family deaths ruined the home)
behaviours: sullen, harmless unless approached, and appears to have a soft spot for children
size: 3ft
habitat: an abandoned farmland in the middle of nowhere
expedition notes: this sullen creature had once been the adored child of a farmer and his wife; a little girl who loved tending to the tomato garden and feeding tomato chunks to the ducks that swam in the nearby pond. on the day her mother died, she watched as her father, who had fallen victim to madness and grief, offered her life to the gods in exchange for his wife’s. it seems they were listening that day for when she awoke hours later, she had joined the undead, her body transformed into the two things she had spent her short life loving. bacia still spends her days tending to her tomatoes and feeding chunks to the ducks that remain, but nightfall has her weeping in her father’s old rocking chair, her tears full of grief and rage as she awaits an afterlife that may never come.
249E2609-B68B-48CC-8B36-C043771423DC.jpeg

image0.jpg

Name: Mountains Hot Spring Okami
Behaviors: Sleepy and likes warmth. Elegant nature. Does not look away once eyes are met.
Size: 6 ft tall
Habitat: Mountain Peaks with natural springs

Expedition Notes:
This tall beautiful wolf was last seen near the peak of the once snowy mountains . I was caught off guard by her beautiful white coat as she kept warm by the natural hot spring's steam. She seemed to be dozing off. The surrounding vibrant greenery offset the wolf's charm and I was nearly lured in to take a closer look. I stood behind the several rock formations and quietly drew my findings. What an absolute goddess of a creature. I should not bother her, there's something eerie about watching a wolf spirit in it's habitat. As if it knows I'm here and waiting to take me at any moment. I left but not before her striking eyes met mine and I rushed towards the nearest mountain path.

image1.jpg

ACNH Cryptid.jpg

Name: Easter Chicken (aka Egbert, aka Egg-bert)
Behaviours: Mischievous, clumsy, always hungry.
Size: 6 feet tall
Habitat: Wherever the sweets are - can be spotted in forests, mountains, and has said to be seen in towns/villages around Easter as well!

Expedition Notes:

After tracking this cryptid for months I finally caught him on camera - and in the act of stealing Easter eggs, no less! It's said that it follows another elusive cryptid, Zipper T. Bunny, to steal the eggs that the bunny makes. Some say that's why Zipper is always on the move and always exhausted when Bunny Day finally rolls around, having to outrun this egg thief. This cryptid is eerily quiet given the size, until they find some eggs to munch on! It appears that while they do carry a basket to put eggs in most are eaten as soon as they are found. While the cryptid isn't said to be dangerous it felt best to keep my distance - who knows what they're like when somebody gets in the way of their sweets!

ACNH Map!.jpg

Screenshot:
2021081817012900-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name:
The Elegant Purple Dromaius
Behaviours: Sneaky and territorial. Is impressed by its own appearance.
Size: 2.5 meters tall? Could be more or less.
Habitat: The deep woods
Expedition Notes: I've heard whispers from some people that some of their stuff mysteriously disappeared overnight, including myself. While I was out in the woods to find a butterfly as a reference to complete a bookful of bugs task for my cabin, I heard a rustle. I turned around and saw an emu with stuff ranging from clothing to small furniture, in which the small area is clean and free of twigs, grass, weeds, and rocks. It appears to be impressed by its own looks and while I slowly crept up to get my ladder shades back, it quickly noticed my presence and started running and hissing towards me. The emu was not happy at all and made a run for my life, then informing everyone at camp not to go into the deep woods where they'll find this creature.

2021081911095600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

(In keeping with a melon theme...)
ScaryDonee.jpg

Name: Melon-Head
Behaviors: Mischievous and dangerous
Size: Around 4ft
Habitat: Remote forests nearby abandoned asylums

Expedition Notes: The Melon-Head's were once orphaned children under the care of a mad scientist. Their name derives from the scientist's unorthodox and torturous experiments that caused their craniums to grow abnormally large and swollen. After plotting the doctor's demise and escaping the asylum, they now prowl the forests in search for any lost and wayward travelers.
MapDone.jpg

2021081600141000-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

2021081600150800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Name: Swamp Howler
Behaviors: Tidy, for living in a swamp. Also defensive against intruders.
Size: 6ft.
Habitat: Found in the swamps and marshes.
Expedition Notes: As I waded through the swamp to get to the next bit of dry land, I accidentally stumbled upon the dwelling of this Swamp Howler. He immediately growled and howled at me, in an attempt to fend me off from his dwelling. I must say, it was rather effective. It appeared, by the looks of my surroundings at the time, that I was interrupting his about-to-be dinner: a cage full of...bugs? I suppose I can document that Swamp Holwer's are opportunistic feeders. Perhaps he thought I was interested in eating bugs too...
Island Map (proof):
2021081920560600-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Back