• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Cryptid Creek (Crystal Ballers and Buzzy Bees Cabins)

cryptid.jpg

Name: Honey Baby Bear cub
Behaviors: Often sleepy. When not snoozing, snacking on honey from pots and other sweets
Size: 3 ft tall
Habitat: Forest

Expedition Notes:
After days of wandering and camping in the forest, I pack all my things and ready myself to go back home. On my trek out of the beautiful, lush forest, a deliciously sweet scent envelops me and guides me toward a small clearing in the distance; as I approach the clearing, I hear a quiet snoring, and the sugary scent grows stronger. I spot the adorable sunshine-colored cub snoozing in the middle of the clearing, surrounded by honey pots, sweet snacks, and comfy accommodations. I couldn't bear to bother the baby (or risk running into a protective mother bear), so after a few minutes of observing, I continued on my journey, happy to have ended my trip with such a beautiful scene.

map.jpg

screenshot:
IMG_0475.JPG

name: bonsai boomer
Behaviors: falls asleep easily, green thumb, snores, looks friendly but will protect his bonsai til' the end
size: 6' tall
habitat: along rivers and near shaded areas
expedition notes: while searching for wild flowers i came across this sleeping tiger and his specimen garden. countless plants from all over the globe could be found here, all perfectly manicured and in outstanding health. i could not believe the state of these plants, some were from incredibly unique and unhospitable climates but nevertheless were thriving in this temperate valley. i thought it best not to approach the subject--let sleeping tigers lie.
island map (proof):
IMG_0477.JPG

Screenshot:
FLipQHAh.jpg

Name: Equus cornutus
Behaviors: Shopping, posting to social media platforms
Size: 7ft
Habitat: Shopping malls, boutiques
Expedition Notes: While shopping for *cough* expedition supplies recently, I spotted a large, horned horse traipsing through the store. It didn't appear to notice me, as it was completely engrossed in its surroundings. It retreated into the changing room several times, and each time it emerged, it proceeded to snap a selfie and post it to a social media platform of some sort. I didn't dare to approach it or touch any of the merchandise near it, as I felt that might provoke it. I shall look the creature up on social media in order to further my investigation.
Island Map (proof):
YWzhIRAh.jpg

867B55D2-87FC-4CD6-88DC-DDDEBA65D76E.jpeg

Name: the professor
Behaviors: spends hours giving lectures, likes to read
Size: big (8 ft?)
Habitat: classroom in the woods
Expedition Notes: I was on my way to a remote camping site when I got lost. I look and I saw what resembled a classroom with a teacher like figure stabding at the front of the class. I looked closer and what do you know it’s a bear, complete with a mustache and glasses. Intelligent looking fella if I do say so myself, but looked to have one of those old boring professor voices. Needless to say I got out of there real quick, i was not ready to hear one of his hour long lectures.
1629904017320.jpeg

fhCg6hk.jpg

Name: poison pink ivy
Behaviors: likes to knit, bake cakes, have picnics by the pond, likes to make friends but is scared of poisoning those closest so isolates in the middle of a pond 🥺✨ only comes out at night in fear of hurting those surrounding her
Size: 3 ft
Habitat: woods
Expedition Notes:
while out looking for fairies and crop circles i saw her!!! the infamous poison ivy sheep! apparently in her wool is poison that is toxic to those who get too close, i thought she was a fable along with peitro the child eating clown sheep. when i first saw her in the woods i thought she was a bush!!! she seems to blend into her surroundings so well in this pink forest! only when i got closer did i see her sitting in the pond, she looked so serene and sad, i rly wish i could have got closer to ask her to be friends! however as soon as i saw her she stumbled away, i just wanted to tell her im not scared of her even if she is poisonous 🥺 i think i'll come back here again..

E10lUBQ.jpg

fhCg6hk.jpg

Name: poison pink ivy
Behaviors: likes to knit, bake cakes, have picnics by the pond, likes to make friends but is scared of poisoning those closest so isolates in the middle of a pond 🥺✨ only comes out at night in fear of hurting those surrounding her
Size: 3 ft
Habitat: woods
Expedition Notes:
while out looking for fairies and crop circles i saw her!!! the infamous poison ivy sheep! apparently in her wool is poison that is toxic to those who get too close, i thought she was a fable along with peitro the child eating clown sheep. when i first saw her in the woods i thought she was a bush!!! she seems to blend into her surroundings so well in this pink forest! only when i got closer did i see her sitting in the pond, she looked so serene and sad, i rly wish i could have got closer to ask her to be friends! however as soon as i saw her she stumbled away, i just wanted to tell her im not scared of her even if she is poisonous 🥺 i think i'll come back here again..
mog this is so sad wtf

X7afl3o.jpg

Screenshot:
E3F59BBD-14EF-46FB-A37D-59CCAD018E75.jpeg

Name: Snacking Sherbert

Behaviors: stealthing, sneaking, snacking, munching. Higher encounter rate when cupboards and kitchen areas are recently stocked.

Size: 3 feet tall

Habitat: Kitchen

Expedition Notes: I awoke in the middle of the night to hear crunching and munching noises coming from inside my house. Not wanting to alarm the intruder, I quietly followed the sounds which lead me to my kitchen. Lo and behold! A SNACKING MONSTER! I immediately thought about all the foods I had just put away just this afternoon. But alas, I won't have the opportunity to even be able to eat them... Hoo~ *sighs mournfully* All my snacks~ Gone.

Island Map (proof):
45CCFD72-ED31-4E11-A4FE-86EA08C2E405.jpeg

Hi!
Could you resubmit your cryptid screenshot? It needs to be a full screenshot, something similar to your map picture. You can go ahead and edit your original post.
Alright, would this work? I tried to get it in a better screenshot, though my tablet is kind of sucky at taking pictures. I edited the op so you can see it better
Beware of the werewolf!
Screenshot:
View attachment 395311
Name: Werewolf
Behaviors: Cranky, sneaky, and scary!
Size: 7ft
Habit: The mountains at night
Expedition notes:
Beware, whatever you do, don't go hiking in the mountains at night! A werewolf has been spotted, and it's hungry! Feeding it steak will probably get it to warm up to you, but running is recommended. And if you hear it howling at the moon, be careful, as it will turn into an even bigger werewolf that steak won't be able to calm down!

Screenshot:
4A252392-CDD6-42B0-A3B8-ABBD53D3E638.jpeg

Name: The Orange Guardian

Behaviors: Calm but can be aggressive, will stab you with katana

Size: 4 ft tall

Habitat: Orange fields

Expedition Notes: I wandered away from my tent in search of food, after walking a while I spotted some orange trees in the distance. I was happily picking oranges until I heard horrible shrieks… coming from a cat like creature that was approaching me! It chased me out of the field, I hid behind a rock and it lost me. I don’t know what would have happened to me if it caught me.. Do not be fooled, this cat is not cute but instead very terrifying! Legend has it, this creature has been guarding these fields for thousands of years.

Island Map (proof):
4C89DE43-6E68-4FAE-81EE-3B7EAD9BF01F.jpeg

Last edited:
Screenshot:
240088711_4237392472964576_2471180748982672958_n.jpg

Name: Quirky Queen Cat
Behaviors: Dominant, hard-working, protective, can be aggressive if provoked
Size: Up to 5 ft tall
Habitat: Caves
Expedition Notes:

First sighted while going bug hunting with the Buzzy Bees. We decided to inspect a cave found deep in the Woodlands only to find this magnificent, rather ominous looking creature. We decided not to get too close as we were afraid of its reaction (and getting stung!). However, we did discover that it is a rather friendly creature if not provoked and albeit its creepy hideout.
240602849_4237408456296311_5756229590599715603_n.jpg

Screenshot:
5433A7E3-F0BB-40B5-BD59-2AA1B71FC1AC.jpeg

Name: Lesser Afanc
Behaviors: distantly related to the far more dangerous Welsh Afanc, but far less deadly, in part owing to an odd assortment of maladaptations which resulted in an ungainly and poorly balanced physiognomy. An omnivore which primarily relies on scavenging, insects, and fruit. May attack if cornered but frankly more likely to kill you if it trips and falls on you than through purposeful attack.
Size: An adult lesser Afanc can reach sizes up to approximately 6 feet In length, and weighing up to 120lbs.
Habitat: tropical freshwater and brackish marshes and swampland
Expedition Notes: what little legend knows of the lesser afanc paints the picture of a reclusive and elusive creature, somewhat of a victim of the whims and dead ends of evolution. My journey to this isolated swampland was meant to be merely a preliminary survey, before committing greater time and resources to cataloguing what mysterious creatures still cling to the shadows of these last wild lands. I never imagined I would stumble, quite suddenly upon a newly hatched and thoroughly befuddled specimen of this thought to be extinct cryptid. As it made a sorry, and frankly adorable attempt to mount a defensive display, I quickly retreated (for now!) lest the mother return and inadvertently fumble me to death.
3EC82E8D-0B06-486B-B7EB-9666413B887B.jpeg

(I apologize for deciding to take the afanc, which is an actual welsh mythological creature, but make it ridiculous. I just think deena looks like an adorable and confused swamp creature sometimes)

cryptid creek 1.jpg

Name: ?unkown851216
Behaviors:
Size: Taller human size (~6'2??), yet it seems larger....
Habitat: Sighted during the exploration of ancient underground ruins.
Expedition Notes: Little is known about the mysterious ancient creature, as it has only been sighted a couple times over the past few centuries, at least from those who made it back, and small pieces of information were able to be extracted from. Upon entering an unknown chamber in underground ruins, fire is said to rise up along the walls, forcing the victim to move towards the centre of the chamber, where they are offered golden furnishings, and a sand timer slowly emptying, whilst ?unknown851216 smiles at them, waiting. For those who managed to report sightings, upon revisiting the chamber, it was found completely empty, with only a smashed timer at the centre. Caution is advised during underground exploration.
map proof.jpg

Attachments

• cryptid creek 3.jpg
    cryptid creek 3.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 12
goose1.jpg

Name: Trash Vulture
Behaviors: Feasts on trash, disposed food, and anything filthy!
Size: 4ft
Habitat: Dumpsters, basements, or wherever trash is stored.
Expedition Notes: The Trash Vulture is an elusive beast, revealing it's greasy feathers only during sleeping hours. Ripping apart perfectly tied bags and rummaging through boxes, it will leave your trash a disorganized disaster. Like a carnivore, some say the Trash Vulture feasts on old chicken bones, while others report stories of entire bags gone missing.
goose2.jpg

2021082320251900_c.jpg

Name: Capricious Cyan Capra
Behaviors: Yells loudly to scare bugs out of hiding. Eats traveler's snacks.
Habitat: Anywhere there are bugs...or snacks
Expedition Notes:
While exploring the jungle, I was startled by a loud bellow behind me. I froze in fright and this blue creature trotted past me, pursing a centipede that had emerged from a pile of leaves. I stayed motionless as it moved into the underbrush, but I could hear it's yell every now and then, disturbing the bird cries. I took note of it's footprints for documentation, then headed back to camp after a few hours. I was dismayed to see my precious camp covered in the blue creature's footprints and as I checked for damages, I found that all my food and snacks were gone.
2021082320101900_c.jpg

IMG-5721.jpg

Name: Solus ursa (Lonely bear)
Behaviors: Clingy and Obsessive
Size: 3 ft tall
Habitat: Deep in the woods

Expedition Notes:
Legend says this creature was once a perfectly normal and adorable stuffed bear. But one day its owner lost it in the thick of the woods and was never able to find it again. The lost bear grew into a sentient creature overwhelmed by sadness and loneliness, who’s only wish was to be reunited with it's favourite person again. Be careful getting too close to this creature as it will immediately latch onto you thinking you’re its long lost owner who has returned for it. It will cling on to you, wrapping you in a tight hug and never letting go.
It is inconclusive what this creature is capable of, will it suck away your soul, or drag you into the woods to live with it forever, or maybe, it just wants to go home.

IMG-5722.jpg

Screenshot:
Etoile.jpg

Name: Wandering Aries
Behaviors: Talks to rocking chairs.
Habitat: Rocking chair meadow
Expedition Notes: In a secluded grove of trees, there lies a stream surrounded by aries rocking chairs. They creek eerily as they rock in the wind, eternally trying to get to a destination they will never reach. Rumour has it, one of them turned into a real sheep, known as the Wandering Aries. She has been spotted wandering aimlessly around, talking to rocking chairs, hoping to make a friend.
Island Map (proof):
Map.jpg

6531E3EC-C97F-44E4-9D6A-15386BB477E1.jpeg

Name: Sneak Thief
Behaviors: Easily frightened and extremely skittish. Also known to steal snacks and other small items from unsuspecting campers.
Size: 2’ 8”
Habitat: The woods
Expedition Notes:
On my first night in the woods stargazing, an aurora borealis suddenly appeared and I wanted to capture the memory with a photo. So I ran back into my tent to get phone to take a selfie and upon my utter surprise I saw a strange little creature starring back at me. When I turned around to see if my eyes were deceiving me, the creature was gone. I think the camera flashed scared it off. Thank goodness I have this photo to prove I wasn’t seeing things.
B65DBA1A-818E-4806-AF12-C27597B1948F.jpeg

Screenshot:
E9y2LJUVcAorMTQ

Name: Quackidee
Behaviors: Fruity and feathery?
Size: 2ft
Habitat: Woodland rivers and orchards
Expedition Notes: I work up at the quack of dawn to spot this elusive quackidee. I hardly noticed when it appeared, I thought it was simply some fruit bobbing down the river from the local fruit farm. Floating with only it's eyes poking form the water, it looks like any other pineapple, the fish thought they were safe until they got too close and SNAP within the blink of an eye the fish had gone and the Quackidee has caught it's first meal!
E9y2LJlVQAQQ89o

Yde9uUd.jpg

Name: Woodland Whitetail

Behaviors: Moves quickly and stays in the shadows

Size: 1.5 feet tall

Habitat: Dense forests with areas for hiding

Expedition Notes: Cryptid seems to enjoy decorating itself with wildflowers from the forest, particularly around its head and neck. It's very shy, but seemed curious when it saw me. I was able to entice it out with a peanut and take more detailed pictures.

1uBz5Mj.jpg

Screenshot:
42D8016B-28D2-45D2-B0FF-4758B207D2B3.jpeg

Name: Sailor V Bun Bun
Behaviors: Playing video games at the arcade, being tardy, and fawning over idols.
Size: 5’ 2” (including the ears)
Habitat: Your local arcade
Expedition Notes: Usagi is known to frequent the local Moon Prism arcade after school camp. Today was no different, other than an unusual siting occurred. Seated upon the chair of one of the arcade units was an extremely rare creature she called Sailor V Bun Bun. At first she appeared to be a pro at playing the arcade game but in reality it was just an act in an attempt to look cool. Not long after this siting Sailor V Bun Bun was no where to be found, but be sure to keep an eye out at your local arcade for a chance to spot this unique creature.
Island Map (proof):
CB03C81A-B56D-4CEB-882B-B3282A12FB0F.jpeg

Back