• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Creepy dialogue from Lazy Villagers?

psiJordan

Freshly-Delivered Coconut
Bells
I just talked to Beau and he had some dialogue I have never heard before, he basically said:

“Some mysterious lady came by and told me my outfit increased audience interest by 15%. Then she disappeared!”

Has anyone seen this too? Just seems a little weird/creepy to me but I guess that’s just how the lazy villagers are. Maybe it seems worse cause it’s night time and I was already listening to a somewhat creepy video lol😅

There's also the bugs that they talk to, who tell them things. I've always found that highly unsettling. And they regular tell me the island is just the right size. Small enough to... run across or something like that, but too big for a sea monster to attack.

BUT. Nothing beat this for me-
tmy0iaG.png

When you move Lazy villagers in via Amiibo, they'll tell you the person you're booting was wanting to move anyways because of all the Night Clowns...
Post automatically merged:

There's also the bugs that they talk to, who tell them things. I've always found that highly unsettling. And they regular tell me the island is just the right size. Small enough to... run across or something like that, but too big for a sea monster to attack.

BUT. Nothing beat this for me-
tmy0iaG.png
This is probably some of the funniest dialogue I've seen from this game so far LOL

When you move Lazy villagers in via Amiibo, they'll tell you the person you're booting was wanting to move anyways because of all the Night Clowns...

This is probably some of the funniest dialogue I've seen from this game so far LOL
I know, right? I laughed so hard 😂 When I first joined this site that was my signature for a long time because it was so delightfully weird.

In case it's not obvious, I love how the lazies are vaguely creepy, lol

Am I concerned Beau is being harassed by a disappearing lady who only is seen at night and judges his wardrobe? Absolutely
Fashion ghosts!
Floor bugs!
Wall clowns!

Seriously, the stuff lazies see...

Also, I moved Rex in once via Amiibo, so I got to choose who he moved out. He asked them and came back and was like "Good news! Turns out, they were thinking about moving anyway because of the night clowns! ...I didn't ask."
...You should've asked, Rex. The world needs to know.

EDIT:
4AIDyys.png

I forgot to screenshot the part where he said he "didn't ask" but I got the night clowns at least, lol

EDIT: Whoops, totally didn't see where you mentioned the night clowns too 😝
But, seriously. Islands are apparently getting infested by clowns and talking bugs. Those could be problems.

I don't know, I think it's a little suspect that lazies who are always chillin are the only ones having hallucinations with talking bugs, ghost ladies, mysterious night clowns... I think they're probably doing something very... specific with all those weeds that grow on the island.

I vaguely remember starting my previous island and getting Filbert early on as one of the three first move ins. Since the first villagers gift you something as a new neighbors gift, he gave me a Western style stone and said something about he wishes everyone in the island could nap together forever or something like that. It really creeped me out that I reset that island automatically and made a new one. 😅

When I invited Shreb to my island when he was on the Campsite he said this about my villager moving out:

"They were already thinking about moving because of the night clowns. I decided not to get into it."

To this day I have no idea what in the world they are talking about because I don't recall seeing any clowns on my island.

When I invited Shreb to my island when he was on the Campsite he said this about my villager moving out:

"They were already thinking about moving because of the night clowns. I decided not to get into it."

To this day I have no idea what in the world they are talking about because I don't recall seeing any clowns on my island.
Do you by any chance have Pietro as a villager? 🤣

I don't remember if it was Beau or Zucker, but ONE of them once went on a long winded rant about how they sort of were becoming aware, like they knew they were video game characters. I wish I could remember the dialogue exactly, but it was kind of creepy. At the end they laughed it off though.

For the dialogue about seeing people though... is it possible that you have haunted paintings on your island/that's what causes it? Just curious!

I don't remember if it was Beau or Zucker, but ONE of them once went on a long winded rant about how they sort of were becoming aware, like they knew they were video game characters. I wish I could remember the dialogue exactly, but it was kind of creepy. At the end they laughed it off though.

For the dialogue about seeing people though... is it possible that you have haunted paintings on your island/that's what causes it? Just curious!

Actually I think Nintendo should make it so fake paintings/statues (haunted items) increase the amount of times Wisp can appear. Or maybe even introduce a new ghostly character tied to those pieces of haunted artworks

Actually I think Nintendo should make it so fake paintings/statues (haunted items) increase the amount of times Wisp can appear. Or maybe even introduce a new ghostly character tied to those pieces of haunted artworks

100% agree. I don't really like that they can lower your island rating, because they'd be PERFECT for spooky islands (or do they only lower your island rating if you bury them?) Would be nice to see them do more. I love Wisp.

Back