• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Creepy dialogue from Lazy Villagers?

100% agree. I don't really like that they can lower your island rating, because they'd be PERFECT for spooky islands (or do they only lower your island rating if you bury them?) Would be nice to see them do more. I love Wisp.
The haunted items lower your rating? I hadn't heard that.

I think the lazies are having too many heavy snacks before bedtime (or naptime), and it's giving them far too vivid dreams.

The haunted items lower your rating? I hadn't heard that.

I think the lazies are having too many heavy snacks before bedtime (or naptime), and it's giving them far too vivid dreams.

I googled it. Having them does NOT lower your island rating. However, burying them apparently makes your island haunted and can lower your island rating.

Omg I hope I don't have to deal with any night clown talk, that's just terrifying ha! I do feel like my lazies tend to say a lot of weird stuff, but then again I have a proportionately high amount of lazy villagers so that's probably why pfft. Just hopefully the night clowns stay away, I'm not interested in that. :eek:

They ruined lazy villager dialogue in this game. It’s a shame becauae my top 2 favorite villagers happen to be of that personality, but it’s not the biggest issue with the game.
Yeah they only seem to talk about Food and Bugs most of the time. Its the similar thing with Jocks how they talk nothing but their muscles and workouts. Thats why I don't have a single one on my island.

That sounds like dialogue for Label or Gracie. Like maybe it was supposed to be taken out like the coffee dialogue.

Ozzie and Hornsby are both lazys, one on each of my/our islands, and their dialogue is the most interesting/entertaining/amusing of all the personalities (I suppose I should add imo). For an example of a short conversation with not a single reference to bugs or food (it's not creepy, either), go to my post in the screenshots thread and tell me that Ozzie is not hilarious!

Unfortunately not true, haha. Nothing happens when you bury them.

I'm just going off what google says. It says it has a chance to affect your Island rating. I haven't tested it to know for sure.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah they only seem to talk about Food and Bugs most of the time. Its the similar thing with Jocks how they talk nothing but their muscles and workouts. Thats why I don't have a single one on my island.

I just got rid of Leonardo for this very reason. Sigh.

Here's the creepy thing mine say "This is the second time I've run into you today, the first was in your dreams. Sorry about that." and they blush. weird and creepy

every singles time i invite a lazy villager from the campsite, they always mention the night clowns
like what clowns? 😂

but i think the lazy dialogue is super cute, they act like children, it's so funny

I think these Lazy interactions are funnier rather than creepier. Behind their lazy facade they know.... they know.... everything.

Generally,the lazy villager dialogue doesn't bother me because it's just,well,dialogue but this is a bit creepy:

145239772_109420131152344_567961477862845433_o.jpg

I don't find the lazy villagers dialogue creepy, it can be a little odd at times but I'm never creeped out by it. Though I have also never had any of them talk about night clowns so that could be a lucky escape. I've also generally only had lazies I really liked on my island (Sherb and Erik currently) so I find them too sweet to be creepy.

My lazy villager Rex broke the 4th wall in one conversation. I was playing late at night and talked to him and he commented about how he felt like his life was just a game and he didn't have control over anything he did. Then he started doing the worried emote. It was kind of funny but strange

I'm just going off what google says. It says it has a chance to affect your Island rating. I haven't tested it to know for sure.

I tested this myself and nothing happens to your island, unfortunately. Would have been a cool feature but I believe it's just one article someone wrote months ago that started that rumor.

Anyways, my 3(!) lazies are Raddle, Lucky and Rodeo, so the bizarre dialogue actually kinda works for them lol

I tested this myself and nothing happens to your island, unfortunately. Would have been a cool feature but I believe it's just one article someone wrote months ago that started that rumor.

Boooo. That stinks. It would have been cool is making your island 'haunted' brought Wisp out more or offered more Wisp related challenges. I hope Nintendo adds something like that eventually.

I've had a complete u-turn from yesterday when I said that lazy villagers dialogue was not creepy because I've just spoken to Sherb and as I was distracted watching something else at the time all I caught was the end of it where he said something like 'but if I turned on the light I might be more scared' (don't think this is word for word accurate but its close enough). So now I think they do have creepy dialogue, what is he even talking about here?

Back