• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Creepy Acnl Experience?

Club Tortimer. Period.

"Ur cut. How old r u. im 8. LeTz date lol cute."

I always want to lecture these kids but they probably wouldn't get it. So creepy. Ugh. *shudders*

Teddy once had his catchphrase as "NO MOOOOORE"
and it freaked me out cause I thought a vengeful ghost had possessed my 3DS

turns out he just had fleas. (?。• _ •。`)
still freaked me out though

I would freak out too!

Last edited:
one time at Club Tortimer this kid came onto the island where me and this girl were fishing/beetle hunting and he was like screaming "GET OUT" and "DIEEEE" and he cut down every tree and tried to scare all the fish off. -.- I was like "are you okay" and he goes "NO."

The first time I ever listened to K.K. Hypno. God, that song scares the living hell outta me.

The first time I ever listened to K.K. Hypno. God, that song scares the living hell outta me.

Oh my GOSH yes. I hate this song, don't own it, and never plan to.
I mostly hate it because of a video someone did on a creepy town in AC, and they used K.K. Hypno as the background music while the narration continued... it scared the hell out of me and now the song is forever terrifying nightmare fuel.

Oh my GOSH yes. I hate this song, don't own it, and never plan to.
I mostly hate it because of a video someone did on a creepy town in AC, and they used K.K. Hypno as the background music while the narration continued... it scared the hell out of me and now the song is forever terrifying nightmare fuel.

I know right? Then you have the unfortunate experience of walking into a room with it playing in the background and it's nighttime. Not to mention it's when you least expect it. Just imagine yourself laying in bed playing AC:NL then you suddenly come across that. What a soothing experience!

Yeah, the only reason I would see someone buy it would be to either complete the K.K. collection, if they like the song, or if you're setting up a scary setting in your town. It's beyond my tastes, though.

I wonder why Nintendo put it in the game to begin with. For people to have more opportunities with scary towns? Who knows?

Rocket offering me her "Gently used" Banana O.O of course i said no but she sent it to me in the mail, god damn it rocket! lol

I've seen some creepy houses via streetpass, though I can't put the pics on right now. So in game that retro commercial thing always creeps me out when I go into a house and there it is ahh :

hqdefault.jpg

Once, on the tormiter island....I went on the international island at midnight. There was a man. In all black. Holding an axe. Chasing me. Didn't talk. When he creeped me out enough I was about to ask the lady to set the boat up and leave (I was an ac newbie annd didn't know axes can't kill you and the wifi switch was a thing) and he kept talking to her when I tried. I was stuck....until he gave up. I never went on the international island again...and i didn't play on acnl for a month!!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've seen some creepy houses via streetpass, though I can't put the pics on right now. So in game that retro commercial thing always creeps me out when I go into a house and there it is ahh :

View attachment 84869

That happened to me

I got Bunnie from someone's void and they'd given her a really weird catchphrase. I didn't realise this, and when I went to talk to her one of the first things she said to me was something about playing a game. However, her catchphrase was 'dieee'.

So, the second thing she ever said to me was something along the lines of "Let's play a game, dieee".

Pretty much each time when I play at 1:00 AM or 4:00 AM. The music is scary in both hours.

What else do I find creepy about ACNL? That boys can cross-dress too. I mean, why make the other gender wear the gender-specific clothes of the opposite gender?

And one more thing. The tarantulas and scorpions in-game scare me.

When I first met Flurry, I walked into her house. Hypno K.K. was playing. I talked to her, and she told me she was in the middle of writing a poem about a pocketknife.

OOOOoooooooooooooohhhhh...!

That reminds me of something!

And...

- - - Post Merge - - -

one time at Club Tortimer this kid came onto the island where me and this girl were fishing/beetle hunting and he was like screaming "GET OUT" and "DIEEEE" and he cut down every tree and tried to scare all the fish off. -.- I was like "are you okay" and he goes "NO."

The Dark Matter forces have gotten to this poor kid!

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh also when my friend came over my town and she talked to Genji (when I still had him rip-) and then when she was done, his mouth was open into a " D " style. I freaked out but then when I talked to him it fixed-

I have this happen.

Sometimes...

What else do I find creepy about ACNL? That boys can cross-dress too. I mean, why make the other gender wear the gender-specific clothes of the opposite gender?

To each their own, but I don't like it either. If I met up with a guy character dressed as a girl, I'd dip out. LOL

Some bugs are creepy for me, specially scorpions and the big beetles... :(
I also had a quite creepy Club Tortimer experience: there were two girls hiding pitfalls and pushing a recent visitor towards them. One of them then shouted: I'm gonna kill you! " It was only once, but since then I think I've been to the international island less and less frequently.... :S
I also find a bit creepy that in birthday parties some music players appear cut in half!

Once, on the tormiter island....I went on the international island at midnight. There was a man. In all black. Holding an axe. Chasing me. Didn't talk. When he creeped me out enough I was about to ask the lady to set the boat up and leave (I was an ac newbie annd didn't know axes can't kill you and the wifi switch was a thing) and he kept talking to her when I tried. I was stuck....until he gave up. I never went on the international island again...and i didn't play on acnl for a month!!!!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

That happened to me

Oh my gosh, I've had a dream about someone in acnl in all black chasing me with a axe! I never play at night really because I'm afraid he will appear in the town

Pretty much each time when I play at 1:00 AM or 4:00 AM. The music is scary in both hours.

I don't find crossdressing creepy. I mean, if a guy wants to wear a dress it's fine with me. There's even been a BBC kids film (the boy in the dress, David walliams) about this, saying it's fine to express yourself by dressing how you'd like

I don't find crossdressing creepy. I mean, if a guy wants to wear a dress it's fine with me. There's even been a BBC kids film (the boy in the dress, David walliams) about this, saying it's fine to express yourself by dressing how you'd like

I'm a boy and I make my AC:NL character where dresses

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, I've had a dream about someone in acnl in all black chasing me with a axe! I never play at night really because I'm afraid he will appear in the town

The black-clad rogue with an axe is disturbingly reminiscent of the Dark Matter forces out to get the many worlds of the Nintendo Universe, including the Pokemon Solar System!

Ever been to the dream village Aika? The story behind it is so sad and creepy. ;n;

I never got over that creepy @%$ town

- - - Post Merge - - -

I find that fine it helps little kids know its okay to do that and be yourself and not judge people

Back