• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cozy Grove - Anyone else getting it?

Yeah, that's what my fire told me too! So I came here to talk about it 😂 I think playing before bed would be a really good plan! I want to play during the day at some point tomorrow just to see the colours of everything in the sun. I love that it gets dark like Animal Crossing does though because it makes it so much easier to play with my lights off, lol.

I hope so too! I went with the little braids because I thought they looked the best with the hat but I'd love to see more styles in the future. I opted for blonde hair (my hair is a dirty blonde/light brown mix sort of colour in real life) but I sort of wish I'd chosen brown instead. It's not the end of the world but I'd definitely love to see more styles and maybe more colours because my girl would look so cute with pink hair or something 🥺💕

Samee. I want to see the island during the day. The art style is adorable and I love the sound the ghosts make when they run away. I wonder if they have any significance? There’s one that looks like it has an onion or something for a head with glasses on lmao

The pink eyes with pink hair would be adorable. I went with the short bob with side swept bangs in black. Did you get your pre-order clothes? They’re so cute especially the fox outfit and flower crown.

Samee. I want to see the island during the day. The art style is adorable and I love the sound the ghosts make when they run away. I wonder if they have any significance? There’s one that looks like it has an onion or something for a head with glasses on lmao

The pink eyes with pink hair would be adorable. I went with the short bob with side swept bangs in black. Did you get your pre-order clothes? They’re so cute especially the fox outfit and flower crown.

Oh my bad! I didn’t see you’d replied o:

Oh my gosh those little ghosts make me laugh but I also feel bad! Because some of them look very grumpy when I run past them I swear lol like I just want to be friends you don’t need to disappear 😭 I hope we get to interact with them soon!

Right! I’d love to match my eye and hair colour sometimes and I think the general game aesthetic would suit having hair colours like that!

I didn’t get pre-order clothes 😭 I didn’t pre-order I just bought it today but I wish I had been able to because the outfits look so cute 😭💕

I was waiting to try it out after work today. The only bad thing is that I have to go grocery shopping first and I really want to get hot dogs and s'mores now.

This game has a very high possibility of making me nostalgic for my Girl Scout camp outs and my family camping trips.

Oh this looks very cute. Quick question, for those who bought the game.

Can you guys can answer these questions:

-Does the game have online access? like multiplayer?

-Is there some sort of customizations ( like house decorating, exterior decorating, etc?) I noticed you can change clothing.

It’s going to help me make a decision on whether I want to purchase.

Oh this looks very cute. Quick question, for those who bought the game.

Can you guys can answer these questions:

-Does the game have online access? like multiplayer?

-Is there some sort of customizations ( like house decorating, exterior decorating, etc?) I noticed you can change clothing.

It’s going to help me make a decision on whether I want to purchase.

I've only finished my second day in game but I'll try my best to answer!

-The game hasn't mentioned multiplayer yet and it wasn't mentioned in the review I watched so I'm assuming it doesn't have it. I just Googled as well and it confirmed that the game doesn't have it.

-You can decorate your little camp site and place furniture around the island! So far I haven't really been able to interact with the items (can't even sit on the chairs) but it's still cute getting to place the furniture. A lot of the island will already be decorated thanks to the ghost bears!

-You can change clothing as well! So far I've seen tops, dresses, hats, and face masks. The shop sold different clothes today than it did yesterday! When you first start you also get to customize your character a little bit. There's 10 eye colours, 8 skin tones, and four hair colours with a handful of hair styles but I can't remember how many. The hair styles are lacking but it's not a massive deal.

To add to what @-Lumi- has said, this game seems to be much more about interacting with the ghost bears than with decorating and interacting with decorations. It is very cute though and you do get to have little bird pets around the island too! Plus, your achievements are scout badges! :love:

I really love how fishing works. You can aim where you want your fishing hook will go when you cast. It makes aiming so much easier!

To add to what @-Lumi- has said, this game seems to be much more about interacting with the ghost bears than with decorating and interacting with decorations. It is very cute though and you do get to have little bird pets around the island too! Plus, your achievements are scout badges! :love:

I really love how fishing works. You can aim where you want your fishing hook will go when you cast. It makes aiming so much easier!

You’re right! I love how the focus is on helping the bears and I can’t wait to learn more of their backstories. So far it’s been fun getting to see their different personalities 🥰 and the little ghost bird is so cute! I was so thrilled when I saw there was an option to pet them.

I love how the fishing works, too! It’s nice and calming to just fish in the game and since we get to direct where our little bobber will go it’s a bit easier than animal crossing. 🥰

reading through these comments on the game are making me want to buy it rn.. i told myself i was going to wait and treat myself after exams but i've said that about maybe three games now 😭 it seems like exactly the kind of chill game i need for the evenings

I've played for a couple of hours now and usually clock 25-30 minutes each time. If you're someone that enjoys achievement hunting and games that are digested in smaller chunks over time (think Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp), this is certainly worth a look. Not worth your time if you want something to sink your teeth into for hours in a single day.

I love the muted colors, atmosphere, player avatar, camp badges, and the characters that inhabit ‘haunt‘ the island. The music adds so much to the experience too. The guitar is beautiful. The clothes and crafting recipes look great regardless of the majority only affecting the island - or nothing in some cases - rather than being something for the player to interact with (would be lovely to sit in a chair by the fire though)!

BearReceipe.PNG

Anyone else buying half the clothing? I feel like I should be saving my coins for upgrades but something always catches my eye.

Ah, i won’t lie, watching the trailer i was thrown off right away because it artistically looks a LOT like don’t starve. I’d be curious to see some let’s plays or something first before passing judgment.

I am totally buying a lot of clothing! It just looks so cute.

I am also the type of person who changes their clothes daily in AC, so I appreciate that Cozy Grove gives you a large closet right off the bat.

This is the first that I'm seeing of it.

I'll play it if the price is right (gamepass, I'm looking in your direction). Lol

Just purchased this game today after reading your post and I'm really enjoying it so far 😊 Flamey totally reminds me of Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle too!

This thread was the first I heard of this game, it looks so cute 😍

I probably shouldn't buy more games right now though because I bought Calico, Spiritfarer and Graveyard Keeper last month but I haven't played any of them yet 😅

I love this game! I especially like the storyline, that is what I am missing in acnh. Just a tip: there is an active discord where the members are very helpful. The makers of the game are also on the discord so you can directly read announcement and report suggestions there. :)

Last edited:
So, I don't know how many of you may know, but there is a game coming out April 8th called Cozy Grove.

Trailer for it is here:

So far it looks like it's a cross between Stardew and AC, but with cute ghosts. There's a little flame spirit called Flamey which reminds me of Lucifer from Howl's Moving Castle.

The game is already out on Apple Arcade, and is coming for the Switch, Xbox and PS4 April 8th.

If you preorder you get a few free bonus outfits too, including a cherry blossom dress.

I already have mine preordered, are you going to be preordering too? :D
I heard one of my favorite streamers talk about it so I bought it when it was on sale on the switch eShop. Still haven’t opened it yet as I’m trying to finish some games I’ve started first, but I’m excited!

so glad this thread introduced me to this adorable game! my sister got it recently and it looked so cute that I got it too! we really love this game, the atmosphere is so cozy and wholesome. I actually like that they limit you each day since I sometimes rush through new games and regret finishing it so fast. its also still on sale so get it while you can (although its not that expensive full price). I would definitely recommend this game!

Back