• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cozy Grove - Anyone else getting it?

TheRevienne

Photogenic Lawn Clippings
Bells
Switch
6537-9235-0313
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
User Title Color Change (Seashells)
Yellow Candy
So, I don't know how many of you may know, but there is a game coming out April 8th called Cozy Grove.

Trailer for it is here:

So far it looks like it's a cross between Stardew and AC, but with cute ghosts. There's a little flame spirit called Flamey which reminds me of Lucifer from Howl's Moving Castle.

The game is already out on Apple Arcade, and is coming for the Switch, Xbox and PS4 April 8th.

If you preorder you get a few free bonus outfits too, including a cherry blossom dress.

I already have mine preordered, are you going to be preordering too? :D

“surprise ... it’s haunted!” that took me out LOL but i honestly hadn’t heard of this game before. :’o it looks super cute though and i’m definitely thinking about purchasing!

“surprise ... it’s haunted!” that took me out LOL but i honestly hadn’t heard of this game before. :’o it looks super cute though and i’m definitely thinking about purchasing!
I think it's definitely going to be one to watch. I'm hoping it's alright to post here but my friend and I actually set up a facebook group for Cozy Grove, it's cross platform, so I'm hoping it's going to be a great tool to help the community when it launches :D

I really like the concept of it being haunted though, reminds me of the junimos from stardew but not too much of them that it's copying, if you get what I mean. I'm looking forward to seeing the crafting mechanic too and how well it works, and the general story and gameplay. There's supposed to be days worth of content so, we'll see how it goes :D

Wait this is so cute!! My sister would LOVE this game, and I even would like to give it a try :)

Wait this is so cute!! My sister would LOVE this game, and I even would like to give it a try :)

I know right? It looks adorable! I can't wait to see the other types of spirits that there are in too. I like Flamey, the fire one from the trailer, but mostly because of Studio Ghibli :D

I'm trying it! It looks cute. My coworker described it as "creepy cozy" and I agree.

I’ve never heard of this before. Thank you so much for posting about it because it looks adorable! I’ll definitely pick this up. The art style is so nice.

It looks really nice! It reminds me a bit of "Don't Starve Together", since the perspective is kinda like it.
I made the same connection immediately when I saw it! Similar style, point-of-view, and walking/running animations.

Didn't realize this was coming out this month. :O I've had it on my steam wish list forever because I was immediately charmed by the look and camping premise. :love:

I knew of it's existence a few days ago (Or was it yesterday?), I really like the concept of everything, but that doesn't mean I'll be getting it. And the answer to that is no.

This could be the competitor to Animal Crossing considering that I saw an interview of the creators of the game mentioning what makes this game so much more stand out. It looks interesting and I might have to check it out.

I think I saw this mentioned on twitter recently and I agree, i think it looks so cute!! as tempting as it is to buy it right off the bat i think the last thing i need rn is another cute game to distract me from my exams, but once i'm done with that i'm definitely going to look into it more. gives me time to watch gameplay and get hype i guess!

I officially pre-ordered Saturday and I'm looking forward to it coming out on Friday. The developers let Tag do an early stream of it. It looks adorable and I can't wait.

It honestly looks like it won't let you do everything in a day, so it will be a really good 30 min or so pick up and play game.

Oh my gosh this looks so cute and I just got my income tax money 🥺💕 I might end up picking it up, especially since I think I have around $7 worth of gold points on my Nintendo switch?

I think the art style is super charming - I love the way Don't Starve looks as well I just find it a little tricky to play. Which sometimes I'm up for but most of the time I prefer something lighter. It looks 100% up my alley and being the big sap that I am even watching the trailer gave me little goosebumps because it looks so sweet. 💕 A perfect mesh of animal crossing/spiritfarer/a short hike which are some of my favourite switch games! Ahh I'm so excited the next time I'm at the grocery store I'll pick up a little eshop card. I'm so happy you made this thread because I wouldn't have seen it otherwise!

Edit: @Jam86 I'm not sure if you've seen this but I feel like it might be up your alley as well!! And @ReeBear because I know you both liked Spiritfarer too 🥺💕

I’ve never heard of this but I watched the trailer and it looks so cute! If people seem to like it then I’ll probably end up buying it too

i like ghosts so im definitely interested :0

I just started tonight and omg it is cute so far guys. The soundtrack is so nice. It’s definitely something I can see myself playing in bed after work.

I just started tonight and omg it is cute so far guys. The soundtrack is so nice. It’s definitely something I can see myself playing in bed after work.

Yes!! I was just coming to write another reply saying I had bought the game. I needed to get my kitties some more wet food so I was able to get a little gift card and this game is so cute.

I think out of all the games I've seen recommended because they give off Animal Crossing vibes, this one does the best job. (Although A Short Hike does also give really good Animal Crossing vibes!) It isn't an Animal Crossing clone by any means but that comfy cozy feeling Animal Crossing gives? This game does that too. It's not stressful (at least from what I've played), the art is adorable, and the soundtrack is so pretty. It seems to be a game that doesn't really have any negative consequences which is something I love about Animal Crossing. All the tasks you do are laid back, you're getting to help super sweet ghost bears, and by far my favourite thing is that it runs on real time like Animal Crossing does. I find that a lot of games with day/night cycles can move too quickly which makes me a little tense about getting things done but that's not a worry with this game. Also like Animal Crossing there's a set amount of tasks/quests you can do a day before you're effectively, "done" that day and just spend the rest of it fishing/gathering materials/crafting/decorating.

The only cons I can see to the game at the moment are:

-It's a little bit slow sometimes. Far from being game breaking or really much of a bother, but it's there. I'd say it's comparable (or maybe even less noticeable) to when you visit a really heavily decorated/busy Animal Crossing island.

-I can't change my hair 😔 I'm hoping this isn't a permanent thing and I'll get to change it later! You can change your eyes & skin tone whenever you want but your hair style and colour are locked in. Maybe I'll get a hairdresser bear or something eventually though? 🤷‍♀️

Yes!! I was just coming to write another reply saying I had bought the game. I needed to get my kitties some more wet food so I was able to get a little gift card and this game is so cute.

I think out of all the games I've seen recommended because they give off Animal Crossing vibes, this one does the best job. (Although A Short Hike does also give really good Animal Crossing vibes!) It isn't an Animal Crossing clone by any means but that comfy cozy feeling Animal Crossing gives? This game does that too. It's not stressful (at least from what I've played), the art is adorable, and the soundtrack is so pretty. It seems to be a game that doesn't really have any negative consequences which is something I love about Animal Crossing. All the tasks you do are laid back, you're getting to help super sweet ghost bears, and by far my favourite thing is that it runs on real time like Animal Crossing does. I find that a lot of games with day/night cycles can move too quickly which makes me a little tense about getting things done but that's not a worry with this game. Also like Animal Crossing there's a set amount of tasks/quests you can do a day before you're effectively, "done" that day and just spend the rest of it fishing/gathering materials/crafting/decorating.

The only cons I can see to the game at the moment are:

-It's a little bit slow sometimes. Far from being game breaking or really much of a bother, but it's there. I'd say it's comparable (or maybe even less noticeable) to when you visit a really heavily decorated/busy Animal Crossing island.

-I can't change my hair 😔 I'm hoping this isn't a permanent thing and I'll get to change it later! You can change your eyes & skin tone whenever you want but your hair style and colour are locked in. Maybe I'll get a hairdresser bear or something eventually though? 🤷‍♀️
Yeah it’s definitely not a game that you can rush through, that wouldn’t be very fun imo. I just finished the day I think? The fire told me that there were no more spirits and to go fish or collect shells. This could be my before bed ritual. Just play through what I can daily before I go to sleep every night. I totally agree with you on the hair. I’m hoping we can unlock mote hairstyles. Mine is okay but there aren’t many to choose from.

Yeah it’s definitely not a game that you can rush through, that wouldn’t be very fun imo. I just finished the day I think? The fire told me that there were no more spirits and to go fish or collect shells. This could be my before bed ritual. Just play through what I can daily before I go to sleep every night. I totally agree with you on the hair. I’m hoping we can unlock mote hairstyles. Mine is okay but there aren’t many to choose from.

Yeah, that's what my fire told me too! So I came here to talk about it 😂 I think playing before bed would be a really good plan! I want to play during the day at some point tomorrow just to see the colours of everything in the sun. I love that it gets dark like Animal Crossing does though because it makes it so much easier to play with my lights off, lol.

I hope so too! I went with the little braids because I thought they looked the best with the hat but I'd love to see more styles in the future. I opted for blonde hair (my hair is a dirty blonde/light brown mix sort of colour in real life) but I sort of wish I'd chosen brown instead. It's not the end of the world but I'd definitely love to see more styles and maybe more colours because my girl would look so cute with pink hair or something 🥺💕

Back