• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(Completed) Upcoming Forum Downtime - February 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, nothing like some site maintenance to show you just how tbt-obsessed you are LOL. the downtime wasn’t for as long as i was expecting, but i’m definitely not complaining — i missed you guys! 🤣

i’m a lil shook that the “preview post” feature seems to be gone, but maybe now i won’t obsess over the structure of my posts as much lol.

ah, nothing like some site maintenance to show you just how tbt-obsessed you are LOL. the downtime wasn’t for as long as i was expecting, but i’m definitely not complaining — i missed you guys! 🤣

i’m a lil shook that the “preview post” feature seems to be gone, but maybe now i won’t obsess over the structure of my posts as much lol.

It's actually not gone! See "Preview" to the right. The difference is it changes the edit window to preview mode instead of adding the preview above it.

Thank god preview post isn’t gone, lol. I’ll have to get used to the new post box, not gonna lie… it’s a bit weird not seeing everything at once for me. I’m so glad I slept through the forum downtime, though!

You will probably not notice a large amount of changes on the front-end after the update, especially because we will wait to utilize some of the new features such as thread types. Thread types will allow us to use article-like threads in boards like The Bulletin Board and it will also allow us to better organize site suggestions in Bell Tree HQ. This and a couple of other features will be announced sometime after the update is finished so we have time to prepare them.

Features that you'll see right away include an update to the post editor and activity summary emails. Activity summary emails are emails from the site that will be automatically sent to you if you've been inactive for a period of time. They will summarize some of the popular discussions that you've missed across the forum. This is an optional feature that will default to the status of your "receive news and update emails" setting in your account preferences. After a while, activity emails will stop being sent if you remain inactive.

It’s listed in these two paragraphs… but it’s more small updates.
@Paperboy012305

what happened to the reply bar lmao

i mean I guess it's still functional so yay new udpate!
Post automatically merged:

also love how most of the "similar threads" are locked

The forum is back online! Thanks for being patient and please let us know if anything seems like it's not working properly.

Edit:

We are currently aware that the "Accepted" reaction on the Valentine's Day event isn't showing.
Yeah I didn't see the free bells link but thanks for keepin' the site up (y)

I noticed that I have less followers and am following less members than before. I’m assuming this is just because the new update removes anyone that doesn’t qualify as an actual follower or member you’re following. It seems like this is affecting others as well. I thought I had made a bunch of people upset/angry in the span of hours, LMAOOOOOOO. :LOL:

About the similar threads box at the bottom of each thread, I do like this feature. However, most of the threads are very old. If you’re not paying attention to the date, you could be bumping a very old thread. Still, it’s nice to see similar threads to look through.

I've also noticed the Similar Threads feature is a bit wonky. I've been keeping an eye on it out of curiosity and most threads I see end up being from 2020 and not active since then. Especially bad when it sometimes pops up sales posts / giveaways that have long since concluded. Not sure how hard it would be to implement, but maybe sales posts and giveaways should be removed from the pool of threads it can pull from.

I don’t know if this was always a thing, but I really like how you get a confirmation when content you’ve reported has been resolved. I’ve never gotten one of these before, so this is a nice add-on.
3968CFFA-9135-4EFB-907E-D19A8ABE48C9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back