• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(Completed) Upcoming Forum Downtime - February 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Update: This has now been completed. Thanks for waiting!

Hello everyone, the forum will be down for an update this Wednesday, February 9th starting at 8:30 AM EST. We will be updating the forum software to Xenforo 2.2. This will be our biggest software update since moving to XenForo in 2020. Due to this and because of the large size of the forum, we unfortunately do not have an estimate for when we'll be back online. However, we will announce updates on our Twitter and, as always, our Discord server will be open to use for discussion in place of the forum.

You will probably not notice a large amount of changes on the front-end after the update, especially because we will wait to utilize some of the new features such as thread types. Thread types will allow us to use article-like threads in boards like The Bulletin Board and it will also allow us to better organize site suggestions in Bell Tree HQ. This and a couple of other features will be announced sometime after the update is finished so we have time to prepare them.

Features that you'll see right away include an update to the post editor and activity summary emails. Activity summary emails are emails from the site that will be automatically sent to you if you've been inactive for a period of time. They will summarize some of the popular discussions that you've missed across the forum. This is an optional feature that will default to the status of your "receive news and update emails" setting in your account preferences. After a while, activity emails will stop being sent if you remain inactive.

There will also be a lot of small changes here and there that you may or may not notice, including many bug fixes. As you may know, The Bell Tree is powered by XenForo and several XenForo add-ons, all of which will be updated at the same time. Even if things may not look too different, a lot of changes will be applied at once, so please bear with us if this takes a long time or if we need to work out any issues after we're back online.

In other more exciting and non-technical news, this update will also be taking place in the middle of a new TBT event. We will be starting a Valentine's Day event tomorrow, February 7th! This will be a small, standalone creative event that will reward collectibles and bells. Look out for that tomorrow and thanks in advance for being patient during our update!

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll be getting on the site a lot on wednesday just to realize it's still down lol 😆

can't wait for the valentines event though! i always love an opportunity to flex my creative muscle 💪

Thanks for the heads-up on the downtime! I'll do my best to make do without my TBT fix for a little while, ahahaha.
Also aaahhhh I'm already so excited for the Valentine's event; I can't wait to see what it'll be! 💕 Last year's Valentine's event was the first one I participated in; I can't believe it's been a year already.

Wooooo!!! Looking forward to the event for sure. I’ll be really busy on Wednesday with work, so don’t have to worry about the site going down as much. Thank you guys for all you do. 🤩

Thank you for the heads up! Better finish up doing some important things before the forum gets temporally closed for this update.
I'm really hyped to take part in that event hopefully I can get some bells and maybe there might be some adorable Valentines collectiables

If it’s morning, I’ll likely sleep through the update. Thanks for the heads up, and I’m looking forward to the Valentine’s Day event.

Thank you for the update! I’m going to take a break from TBT on Wednesday hehe.

Valentine’s Day event is coming! I wonder what it will be...

thank you for the heads up! i’m back in school now, so thankfully my tbt-obsessed self will have a distraction. 😅🤣

i’m super excited for the new event! i loved what you guys did for valentine’s day last year, so i can’t wait to see what ya’ll planned this year! 🥰

thanks for the heads-up! i'm sure the new update will be wonderful! i just hope we aren't down for too long - tbt is my everything :')

as for the event, this is my first year on tbt, so i'm quite excited to take part in this one later today! <3 see you all soon :)

Honestly, I haven't been that active, so I'll definitely be active when the maintenance is happening because my brain is weird.

Can't wait for the Valentine's event!! I wonder what it's gonna be about? I haven't participated in an event before, so I'm excited to see what it's like! ^^

Thanks for the heads up, and the event seems really cool! I wonder if it will work like last year's where you made a card for someone else

I’m liking the fun little event. I was lowkey wondering if we’d get a Valentine’s Day one. That Love Potion is a nice addition to the other potions! I’m actually surprised it’s trade-able since it is an event prize? I can only imagine how much it’ll go for, though.

thanks for letting us know.... i'll try to remember about the mantainace ... :>

*although, that stinks... :< but i want to play pokemon snap & i don't play acnh much now, so it's fine :> *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back