• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Club Tortimer - What was your experience?

I've met one girl who was quiet, but used a lot of emotes :p then a Japanese boy, who tried to communicate with me but eh.. I wanted to leave, so I did. He said "NEM?" and "JAPON" hahah xD

I did it for the first time last night. It was a cool experience. It was disappointing because I couldn't interact with the Japanese players as well as i wanted to, but we went on tours and it was fun! Afterwards, i just started going just to collect wetsuits...

I haven't used it yet, I don't want it to crash on me I think ill wait till they fix the online issue p

- - - Post Merge - - -

I haven't used it yet, I don't want it to crash on me I think ill wait till they fix the online issue p

I just got the island today and it had the membership card in stock, so I bought it and have gone a few times.

I've been about 6 times, and all times they don't even say anything (i don't care though) - they just come to the island, and leave a minute later.

Except just them I got some crazy japanese girl who kept asking me questions (she asked for my age and I said 174) and then I had to go have dinner so I was like 'bye' and she like 'i love you'

LOLWHAT.
-I'm cracking up.-

My 1st time: I went to America only, but there was no one there, so I decided to go to international... met this Japanese girl... OK, so I don't know ANY japanese AT ALL... so I just said hello... and I guessed she knew that word too, so also said hello... and now I was like: *yay, she knows English* so I asked ''how are you?'' But she started speaking Japanese :c so I said goodbye and left....

2nd time: Another Japanese girl, but this time I tried to talk with signs, so I was like (*.*)/ and she said some strange words *well, for me >.<* even though she knew I knew NO Japanese... but she was pretty nice ^?^ she would follow me everywhere and would clap when I caught something like a fish. Would do more of these "actions". After a while, I had to go, so I said the same thing as hello, but to say goodbye (*.*)/ and she started to ''cry'' which made me not want to leave :c

3rd and after: Well now I only go to play with ppl in America so I don't have any more problems with languages.

Thanks for reading!

That actually sounds like a really fun experience!

I played with a few nice Japanese people. But, never a Spanish or English speaker like me....

EDIT: I forgot! Two Japanese people I played with; when I said konnichiwa started speaking romaji to me. It was nice. I understood some. Lol

Last edited:
My Club Tortimer experiences thus far have been disappointing, tbh. I noticed I was put with a different group no matter how quickly I would set sale for the island again, so I think there's something wrong with the matchmaking. Their system creates tens of thousands of islands even when there are only a little more than that trying to get into sessions. I never got matched with more than one person, and when that person left it would take FOREVER for me to be matched with someone again. Can't say I'm surprised, but I feel like I was ripped off of 50 medals. :/ The only people I met on the CT island were either trying to "troll" me by scaring all the bugs, refusing to join me for tours, and hitting me repeatedly with net. The one person I did eventually find who wanted to talk got me to trade friend codes, but he turned out to just be an annoying kid. Eventually had to block him because he wouldn't stop begging me to go to his town, both through best friend messaging and swapnote! I think I'll just stick to inviting people to go to my island with me/going to other towns for their islands.

I have the membership, but have not used it yet. Playing on the island regularly, you can't save or anything like that. So, in dealing with experiences like this, can you kick people off the island when they are acting like this? Can you attempt to leave without them stopping you? Or like one member said are you pretty much screwed and have to shut off your wifi?

It was not horrible, nor was it great. It was just... So boring.

I've only encountered one person, and they completely ignored me. I've tried visiting the island countless times, both international and NA. No one ever comes... >_>

I think it was a good experience but, just with the persons from France. We played a lot and others, it was really funny. But with foreigners, it was boring... I was always with Japenese who doesn't speak English so huh, it was difficult, they never wanted to play with me...

I've had a good Club Tortimer experience. Talked with a few people, but mostly did my own thing. I guess the errors frustrate me a bit, but they'll get it fixed.

I've had overall good experiences except for yesterday when one player "felt like chopping" and chopped down all of the trees when I was beetle-hunting. It's one thing when the players strategically chop down trees in the center and south end to spawn more rare beetles on the palms, but I wish they would take out the axe availability with club tortimer.

I've met people from Japan, US, UK, Germany, Spain, and Canada. Mostly Japanese players though, and most of them were fun. One guy gave me four Royal Crowns!

First time I was on the island with three Japanese people who just spoke a little English. It was okay, played minigames and they talked together in Japanese. Later on that island a Dutch guy came up which I befriended :)

Second and third time also Japanese ppl who ignored me, talked to me in Japanese (we were the only two) and when I answered in English they disconnected (1000 bells lost :') )

So, my experience isn't that good on the international. Maybe it's better with native ppl. Gonna try that tomorrow.

I visited for the first time yesterday, and had a few interesting encounters...

First: A Japanese girl showed up while I was alone. I had been hunting beetles so I had chopped down the center trees. I was standing next to a stump when she showed up. She grabbed a shovel from Lloid and walked over to me. She dug a hole in front of the stump, then sat on it and fell in the hole. She then started laughing, dug another hole in the same spot and looked at it. I took that as my cue, so I repeated what she did by falling in the hole, and she laughed again. We went back and forth like this for a good half hour. Then she showed off all the emotions and left. We didn't exchange any words, but it was definitely the highlight of my night.

Second: A Japanese guy. He was wearing the full frog suit. He caught a bug, ran over to me and showed it off, and then left.

Third: Another Japanese guy. The first thing he did was say something in Japanese. I said "Sorry I don't speak Japanese :(", which he didn't seem to understand because he kept saying things in Japanese to me. We ran out to the island and I grabbed a shovel and started digging up the stumps. I then decided to start digging holes everywhere and he proceeded to do the same. As I was digging, he said "kite". I didn't do anything, so he said it again. After not responding, he said "KITE" so I figured it was something important. Then he started throwing arrows out like "<-" so I followed them and he made a maze and wanted me to go through it. So I did, and as I did so, he started filling up the rest of the spaces with holes. He had me trapped in the middle of the island, and then left.

Fourth: A girl from Canada. I was relieved to see someone who I could talk to, but she only spoke French. We did a couple tours, then she said "hello!" and left.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience. I wish I could find the Japanese girl again cause she was awesome.

Again, I think my question may have been missed haha, when you do club Tortimer, is this to your own island or a general island you can do with as you please with no consequences? Also, if people act out, is there a way to kick them out or are you doomed to hit your wifi switch?

Again, I think my question may have been missed haha, when you do club Tortimer, is this to your own island or a general island you can do with as you please with no consequences? Also, if people act out, is there a way to kick them out or are you doomed to hit your wifi switch?

its on a different random island you can do what ever you want, and if you dont like you your playing with you can just leave no need to hit the wifi switch, also in the people your playing with section if you dont ever want to play with them again you can set it as such, they explain this to you when you start club tortimore for the 1st time

- - - Post Merge - - -

the first time i played it was with people from my region north america, and it was ok we didnt talk much and i sucked at most of the games lol, but when i played with someone from japan it was really boring, i guess the translation is ugly, because i asked her how is japan and she said yes lol...its meh i guess id rather play in my region

It is very fun to meet other people, but when I went there last night, I was catching bugs and this other kid was doing the same. I was about to catch an elephant beetle, but then he came and stole it from me. I then started walking and I accidently scared a beetle that he was gonna catch and he so mad and started telling me to leave and cursing at me for no reason. People are sometimes mean on there and break the rules. :/ Other than that, I met lots of Japanese players and USA players^^

Back