• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Chere's Art Thread

Quick pfp I whipped up for the spooky season 😈
IMG_3392.png

Ok I need to share these two pieces before I get sick of them LOL. I drew them back in early/mid July for Art Fight!

Eris in twin braids bc I can. Also been using this as my pfp for the past several months 👀
IMG_2678.png

And Frey, her end game partner assuming I don't try to break them up for the millionth time bc I'm unhinged.
IMG_2704.png

I learn something new every time you post your art! I really love the textures (and ofc always the colors) of your new pfp / sig combo. I never think to change up the texture of my brushes too much and it really adds some interesting treats for the eyes. Amazing!

I learn something new every time you post your art! I really love the textures (and ofc always the colors) of your new pfp / sig combo. I never think to change up the texture of my brushes too much and it really adds some interesting treats for the eyes. Amazing!
Aww thank you Renn! Your comments are always so sweet and encouraging. I'm really glad you feel that way and notice things like that about my work. 🥺

These are some sketches I did earlier this month! I was experimenting with a bit of a style change bc I'm still trying to find a style that I'm happy with. The most notable difference in these are the eyes. I have such a love hate relationship with the way I draw eyes 🥲

Younger Eris (21-23 here)
IMG_3592.png

And Frey with and without glasses 😌
IMG_3595.png

IMG_3594.png

Gonna end off 2022 with some screenshot redraws/studies from some MVs I was into throughout the year! They're all featuring Eris (and Frey for the first one lols).

The focus for a lot of these was to challenge myself to work with unusual colour palettes that I'm not used to, as I'm sure those who are familiar with my work know that I like to work with colours that tend to be bright, vivid and dreamy. I was trying to replicate the same kind of atmosphere from the original screenshots, while still incorporating my own touches that made the piece still look like my own work! I'd definitely like to do more studies like these in 2023. 😊

This is a screenshot redraw from Charlotte Sands' MV for her song, "Dress"! ^^ Originally drew this back in May.
IMG_2281.png

IMG_2279.png

This one is a screenshot redraw from Halsey's MV for her song "So Good". This was drawn in June.
IMG_2491.png

IMG_2492.png

Finally, this one was a screenshot study from Sabrina Carpenter's MV for "because i liked a boy". This one was a little more heavily referenced because I was focusing more on textures and lighting. I drew this one in July.
IMG_2879.png

IMG_2878.png

I let my thread die for several months again... are we really surprised? 😔
Reviving this again with a piece I did semi-recently because I wasn't able to do art for myself for so long, and it was making me feel burnt out on all my other work. Had a lot of fun with this and yes,,, Eris gets yet another hair colour. I think she's slaying the lavender. 💜

IMG_4507.png

Alright now that I've posted something nice to revive this thread I'm gonna attempt to post a sketch/doodle dump of things I've done over the past 6 months or so LOL. These are all things I wouldn't post on my main socials, and I really only end up sending them to close friends/posting them to toyhouse, so I feel like they mostly go unseen or collect dust. Figured archiving them here with some loose notes wouldn't hurt to look back on. 🤔

Had to look at the date for this bc I forgot, but October 27th... just a quick Eris and Frey chibi. I think I told myself I'd colour this but never did oops.
DBBB1ED7-1671-4187-9C38-71CF14994377.jpg

Now we're back to Pocky Day which is November 11th for those who don't know. Definitely a hot minute ago. I had not motivation to do a full piece of any specific couple so i opted to do two quick chibis of Eris with two of her relationships, respectively.

This one is Raymond and Eris. Take it as you want lol. Dude probably didn't wanna do the pocky thing in her which resulted her in throwing the box in his face. I wrote the guy as an ignorant and rude brat so this probably checks out more or less lol
328B0540-153D-4193-9050-F4376CE35869.jpg

Then a sweeter one with her endgame partner, Frey to make up for the first. 🤣
IMG_4799.png

Fast forward to February 4th when I apparently decided to redraw the very first Freris drawing.
AF4647D7-0EB3-4D66-9A60-22F98A6E26CA.jpg

ew
2670CE39-09BA-4EB2-B0C5-F65F37695510.png

Some Skylar stuff. He's Eris' childhood best friend and I do not give him enough love. 😔
6F416EC9-4FC1-4CD6-9293-4B491B575EA0.jpg

This is the first time I drew them together and ofc I drew a sad moment DKSKD
7DEA2A28-8CBB-4241-9AB9-1FE46BF6C84B.png

Putting this one in a spoiler bc dude's shirtless but it was just a quick black and white study I was doing for skin. Main focus was the different planes.
962F4EB3-D60B-4BAA-BD95-B42E5A0D5549.jpg

Also did a super quick coloured version just to visualize his colours bc I've only coloured him once. Def not a fan of colouring black and white stuff tho. 😅
6DD14CAB-A43C-4C9D-B260-0242D8683B92.png

Another spoiler because it is yet another shirtless man. 😔
I hope u guessed Frey bc who tf else would I draw LOL. Planning to make this a study like the Skylar one but I just never got around to it.
IMG_4801.png

And finallyyy some sketches of Eris with different hairstyles. These first two are curtain bangs.
595E8368-AE1D-425E-A7D9-A9D9C855B412.png

E544BDB5-02A8-4D35-B401-16725587EBAB.png

Then a slight variation of layered bangs ig. I know Eris would cut them like this once in a blue moon, then regret it even tho everyone around her would say she looks good. 😂
7DFEAB01-E961-4E60-BA2C-16B3DD4ED695.png

21BA30A2-BB22-4C8C-8027-56CA0C00B8B4.png

- - -

Annnd that's it for now! If you made it to the end, thank you but also why would you take the time to look through my ugly sketches DKSFKD,,
Not sure if I'll be able to keep up with sketch dumps like this (or if anyone even likes them) but when they start piling up I'll try to post them here. No promises tho bc I apparently like to die off the face of these forums for several months. 😂

Last edited:
Holy moly. Your art is breathtaking! Everything about the line work, the shading, the colors, everything! I especially adore the way you draw eyes and the calm, dream-like mood of each piece. Keep it up, you're knocking it out of the park!

Holy moly. Your art is breathtaking! Everything about the line work, the shading, the colors, everything! I especially adore the way you draw eyes and the calm, dream-like mood of each piece. Keep it up, you're knocking it out of the park!

Omg thank you so much?? 🥺❤️ I haven't really been sharing my art lately and I forgot how much it means to hear people say those kinds of things about my work, it really means a lot! Also the comment about how I do eyes makes me feel a little better too since I've never quite liked how I did eyes, and I'm always experimenting/changing it up haha.

Reactions: Azy
I love your art so much TuT the lighting and colours are spectacular, as usual! I especially love the textures you used in the first two pieces. Can you recommend any texture overlays or brushes? I have a few but they don't do it for me and I'm looking for a way to rough up my art a little to combat the air-brushed look I sometimes have going on ;u;

I love your art so much TuT the lighting and colours are spectacular, as usual! I especially love the textures you used in the first two pieces. Can you recommend any texture overlays or brushes? I have a few but they don't do it for me and I'm looking for a way to rough up my art a little to combat the air-brushed look I sometimes have going on ;u;
Aw omg thank you for your kind words Aquilla! 🥺💜 I've been using Art Fight as a way to experiment a lot in general but definitely a lot with textures so I'm glad you like them! If you use procreate, I tent to use the noise and halftone overlays which give nice overlays I really like (The fourth image is one of the halftone overlays procreate has). For brushes though, I tend to look up brushes. All the textured brushes from the first two pieces are from a halftone brush pack I bought from etsy about 2 years ago. Had to dig around for the link but here it is:

Even my signature line and colour brushes were also brushes I bought, so if you can afford it I definitely recommend buying brushes. I don't do it often but I've found that all my favourite/go-to brushes are ones I've bought. Of course you can always look for/find free brushes too! Hope this helps. :>

Aw omg thank you for your kind words Aquilla! 🥺💜 I've been using Art Fight as a way to experiment a lot in general but definitely a lot with textures so I'm glad you like them! If you use procreate, I tent to use the noise and halftone overlays which give nice overlays I really like (The fourth image is one of the halftone overlays procreate has). For brushes though, I tend to look up brushes. All the textured brushes from the first two pieces are from a halftone brush pack I bought from etsy about 2 years ago. Had to dig around for the link but here it is:

Even my signature line and colour brushes were also brushes I bought, so if you can afford it I definitely recommend buying brushes. I don't do it often but I've found that all my favourite/go-to brushes are ones I've bought. Of course you can always look for/find free brushes too! Hope this helps. :>
I had no idea a half tone overlay existed 🤯 I'll have to look into that! Thank you so much for your help and tips! *-* I'll definitely get those brushes too, they look SO good and useful! I like the noise feature, but was missing some more crunchy texture!

Art Fight is over and I kind of slacked in the end ngl.... (I blame camp). Still managed to get a total of 19 attacks this year though, and have a late one in the works so technically I can say 20 eventually... not copium.

Here's a few half bodies I did! A rare sight from me considering I seem to be allergic to anything that's below a bust lol 😅

Algernon_AF_2023_wm.png

Betelgeuse_AF_2023_wm.PNG

Back