Celebrating Diversity: An Animal Crossing Art Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
oop i forgot i needed to include one with my user, here is is now.
acnh art with tbt user.jpg
acnh art with tbt user.jpg

This isn’t my usual style due to time restrictions, and I wasn’t able to include as many details as I wanted incase I didn’t finish but here’s a lil gnome wedding! Love is love <3 (also the scenery is based on an area of my island using the new wedding set from Reese and Cyrus)

I think this was my first time doing a multi-character artwork! A little pressed for time bc of IRL things so it's not my usual style, but I think I pulled off the basic concept I was thinking of. :) A HUGE shoutout to @Rubombee for sending me so many links about LGBT+ in Animal Crossing, you're a sweetheart! Many thanks too to my LGBT+ friends who sent me pics of their reps :D

stM0j5H.png

(username under the 06/2020 box!)

qt5JT1P.png

This is my entry:
With Signature:
J5jIYE9.jpg

Without Signature:
UJoNW80.jpg

This is the planting of the tree, but in New Horizons. It symbolizes bringing people together to celebrate our differences. I debated doing traditional or digital, but decided on traditional, hopefully the picture is clear enough! Thank you for the extension!

i lost my ruler so i had to find this folder lol

Last edited:
HERE WE GO. after many, many hours spent either drawing or trying not to get Krita (and my entire computer) to crash too much, here is my entry!
For background/texture, I hope it's okay that I used three pictures of skies that I've taken myself (and that are posted on my dA)! I can link them if needed.
I can also provide an unsigned version if it's necessary.

For a short description, this is (pretty obviously) about Pride/LGBTQIA+ stuff in Animal Crossing!
The flags given to the ring of villagers are either canon (based on their apparence) or headcanons I have. For the player characters in the middle, there's me at the top and the others are friends' characters depicted with their flags!
The four items they're holding symbolize a few ways in which ACNH has gotten more progressive: eyelashes no longer being gender-exclusive; villagers using they/them pronouns when talking about visitors; passports not being gender-colored; the ability to change your "style" (and not "gender") whenever you want!

https://sta.sh/0h2d8e5dr7a

I'm not sure if this is something that's doable or not, but would it be possible to vote for 3 entries during user voting phase? There's so many entries that I feel like it would be hard for us to just pick one favorite. Given that there 3 prizes, I feel like voting for three makes sense and due to the amount of users, we shouldn't have many issues with tie breakers.

The submission phase has now ended. Thank you to everyone who has submitted an entry! :)

All new entries have been accepted. The staff nomination phase will begin later today (Sunday). We are aiming to have the poll for the public voting phase ready to go within a few days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back