Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
ue99qB2.png

Art Contest
June 14, 2020 - June 27, 2020​

Animal Crossing has the unique ability to draw in people from all walks of life. For this event we would like to see artwork that celebrates our diverse community and showcases the wholesome aspect of Animal Crossing that we all know and love. Pick a topic that resonates with you and express it within the context of Animal Crossing. Remember that the focus of this contest is about celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity, so please keep entries positive and upbeat and take care to avoid stereotyping!

Update June 24:
Vrisnem said:
If anyone wishes to make changes to their existing artwork, please be sure to do so in a new post (do not edit it into your old one because I won't see it) and specifically state that it is an update to a previous submission. You may only do this one time. I will not take responsibility for anyone's entry being missed if you do not follow these instructions. :)

Task

Celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity using Animal Crossing themed artwork.
[Diversity] means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.

Rules
  • This art contest is for drawing and painting only. You may only use content you have made yourself from scratch - this means that you cannot use craft supplies, make sculptures, use renders, etc.
  • Entries may be traditional or digital. Please scan or take a clear picture of any traditional artwork - it would be a shame for your work to be ruined by a bad photo!
  • Your entry must fit the Celebrating Diversity theme.
  • Only one entry per person. No plagiarism or collaborations.
  • Please write your forum username either directly onto your entry or include it on a separate name card. You may submit two separate images of your entry (one with your username and one without) if you prefer. This means we will not need to blur your name out of the photo if your entry is nominated.
  • Once your entry has been submitted it cannot be edited.
  • Please put effort into your submission. If we think your entry lacks effort, or has been submitted as a joke, then it'll be disqualified.
  • Keep content suitable for a PG-13 audience. If it would breach our Rules & Guidelines then it's not suitable here.
  • Entries that fail to meet the requirements will not be accepted.

Submission

When your entry is finished, submit it by posting in this thread. Your entry cannot be edited after it has been submitted.
Submissions must be in by June 27th at 11:59PM EDT.

Prizes

First Place Prize:
  • Gold Trophy Collectible
  • 375 forum bells
Second Place Prize:
  • Silver Trophy Collectible
  • 250 forum bells
Third Place Prize:
  • Bronze Trophy Collectible
  • 125 forum bells
Participation Prize:
  • 75 forum bells
  • 1 additional raffle ticket for the second Animal Crossing: New Horizons Official Companion Guide giveaway

FAQs

Does it have to be a drawing or can I enter an alternative arts and craft project?
For this contest we are only accepting traditional and digital drawings.

Can I use fonts in my artwork?
Digital text is acceptable as long as everything else was drawn by you. Renders or editing game artwork is not allowed.

Who will decide who wins? The staff or members' votes?
The staff will vote internally to nominate entries. The entries with the most staff votes will then go forward to a public poll within one week of the contest closing. The recipients for the first, second, and third place prizes will then be decided on by the community.

Last edited:
I hope this goes well... This seems like a well-intentioned contest that has the potential to go in a bad direction in a hurry. Good luck to all of you artists out there!

I think I might actually do this one! I don't have any ideas yet but I'm coming up with them as I type this! :)

I've got an idea but definitely not enough artistic ability to pull it off...
working on it though! hopefully I can turn in something that looks ok and doesn't offend anyone >///<

This contest looks swell! I'll definitely try to make the time to join it! Thank you so much for hosting it, Bell Tree. It means a lot to someone of color. :lemon:

THIS ISNT EVEN ABT CURRENT EVENTS ITS PRIDE MONTH THATS HOW WACKY THE WORLD BE PSPSPSPS

Last edited:
I've got a question about the contest! May the image we submit be in a gif format? As in showing a different scene/scenes on each frame? I don't want that to seem like I'm trying to submit multiple submissions using one image but I have a really neat idea that requires it.

time to stop fiddling with this, i’m not a good artist or anything so T_T
tried to represent utilizing animal crossing to reach out to those with mental disabilities, who can also be members of other marginalized communities >///< i hope this isn't too insensitive i had a lot of debate on how to represent everyone properly but my drawing ability isn't the best T_T

image1.png

image0.png

Wait if we submit publically does that not mean others can see who did an art piece and can cause possible 'favourtism/popularity' votes?

Every contest we hold the vast majority of entries are posted publicly even when a private entry option is offered. To date we have never seen an underserving entry take home one of the top prizes, so we've faith in the community to vote by theme and skill rather than going to check if any entries were submitted by their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back