Can’t get a third villager :(

Mdrnlifeisrubish

Bells
Hi! I’m new here :) I’ve been playing for about a month and have done so much (museum is up, house is finished, nook and able sisters upgraded, used over 40k miles etc.) but I can’t seem to get my 3rd villager to move in so I’m stuck, unable to progress in the game. Anyone else have issues with this… or advice?
I’ve talked to a few vacationers on random islands and talked to over 10 villagers at my friends islands and no one is showing up to my campsite. I just have the 2 I started with. My understanding is that one more villager shows up, and then I can access the upgraded resident services and setup land plots for 4-10 more people. But what do I need to do for the 3rd one to come?

I feel like I’m missing something big. Thanks in advance!

Hi!
I don’t. I’ve read that happens after the 3rd person moves in. But even if I’m supposed to have those 3 plots I can’t figure out how to get them. Tom Nook doesn’t ever mention them.

✨HUGE FACE PALM✨ I needed to talk to Tom Nook and ask “What should I do?” I was so focused on upgrading my house and thinking I knew what to do that I never asked him that question which starts the ball rolling on getting your first bridge built. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Back